JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Its the opposite for me, I love Mrs. Turner, aka Mom, but the older sis, in particular her hair style and tsundere attitude kills me. :poop:
I feel the same about the older sister (Nikki) in The Visit, but I also think Monica's hairstyle is a turnoff. The combination of the style and lack of fullness of the hair make it look like the hair of a 70-year-old, not a 40-year-old. But damn, that scene after the carnival date, though...

Last edited:

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
on Monica's possible secrets we will see from here on.

while for what we've already seen, it's ok that Monica can fall in love with Mc despite the age difference, but that she drools on him in such a shameless way from the beginning penalizes her as a character, making all the qualms that she will pose, rightly, afterwards not very believable.

Jenna and Katie don't have such qualms, and it's fine how they behave (even if Jenna is the character that makes me most uncomfortable), it's believable that they are somehow already infatuated with MC having a positive memory of him

Monica can't want to see into MC's underwear and then not want to take a picture with him with his underwear on, and that's a good thing.

I'm talking about the hair in the egg eh (do you say in English?), of a very but very good story
I agree its too easy to blame it on the alcohol because she does remember doing it on purpose. especially the stairs and the panty/ass flash. the pool swimsuits. how she stops the putting on lotion on Jenna then further teases MC, the planed outfits for the photo shoot, she plans it all the MC is just following her lead. everyone else he is in charge? at first it made me feel as if she knew something, and was a GD. but that could only be true if she sent the email. and screwed over both the MC and his mother. that would truly be a viper

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
How much longer for update or teaser pics?

Just letting folks know that myself, Ace and Cell are all back working on the game and the plan is to go full steam ahead for the month of October. release the game at some stage in November.

There is other information for Patrons if you support the DEV and the game on

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Things are as active as ever here I see.

who the fuck is acewinz
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While I'm inclined to agree with Ava.
||
V
A question we ask ourselves every day.
I'm just an amateur writer/grade A pervert that Cheeky seems content to leave in charge of PR and bossing CellStudios our artist around. A dangerous combination...

For those that are new around here, Cheeky and acewinz are a few of the best devs here. I can only think of a handful among many hundreds I am aware of who are as concientious and open with the fans. Devs don't have to hang around F95 and chat with all their fans (and deal with the trolls), so they should be given a huge amount of credit for doing so. Ultimately, I think being involved in the community here helps their games, and helps build support, it certainly does with me, but not all devs see it that way.

I get the frustration, in general, when much loved games are delayed, but unlike some devs, Cheeky and ace have always gone out of their way to communicate with all of us, and it is very much appreciated.

And don't minimize the impact of health issues on development. It is not like a typical office job where you show up, deal with paperwork, read and write emails, or sit in meetings all day. It takes creativity, and your mind to be in the right place, to build scenes, write dialog, and make the story flow cohesively. It is easy when you are young and healthy to scoff at all the devs with health issues, but that is real life for most people, and you will certainly experience it yourself someday. The fact that devs can deal with their health, and still find the time and enthusiasm to continue developing their games for the enjoyment of all of us, should be applauded, not criticised.

So, unless you just like to step all over a good thing, just for the fun of it, you really should direct your criticism about delays elsewhere. Cheeky and ace are really some of the good ones, and should be commended.

Plus, Where the Heart Is has a huge amount of content, and every release is very lengthy compared to most games here, so if it takes them an extra month or even 5 or 6, it will be excellent as usual I am sure.
While I was obviously more concerned about Cheeky when he got sick, it was also in my mind that our patreon would take a big hit when we had to pause. I've seen it happen before to plenty of games here good and bad. I was thankfully wrong in our case and posts like this, and the patience and devotion of our fans that have stuck with us through the hard times is exactly why we want and enjoy (on the whole) being involved here and making WTHI.

So just thanks all!

This last Sunday Cheeky and I spent about 4 hours talking about the game and things. While he isn't fully recovered, he is anxious to get back to work and we have a lot in store for you. Things that will knock some socks off I think, and I have a feeling it will ignite some conclusions that will make poor Avaron1974 have to go back to crushing dreams in the forum. (I know she misses it anyway) :D

I started a new run starting from the beginning (as a sign of my total trust in the words of the developers) and I must say that actually the presentation of Monica's character is worse than I remember (if I'm not wrong I talked about it with Machete) not considering the misunderstanding of the stuffed swimming costume, that has to be taken for what it is, a comic moment, in the whole initial part Monica is really described in a not very fair way, the shadow of alcoholism, she is always ready to beg for a compliment, to bend over or lean out in a provocative way, in the end Zarah has more dignity

I repeat: I'm talking exclusively about the first chapters, in which she is by far the character who drools the most over MC, and while for Katie and Jenna it is acceptable that they have an "old" crush on MC, for Monica this is much less acceptable.

then at a certain point the story gets going, and Monica remains one of my favorite characters, but I must admit that it starts really badly
Yeah, WTHI is definitely a gem in the rough at the start. Monica included. Cheeky was a one man team then and finding his feet in everything, but keep in mind, Monica was also in probably a very tough spot in life when the MC came along at the start.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
on hold , on hold, abbandoned, 3 games on plate and no one finished...i'm starting to beiung a bit upset of these behaviour form devs.
However shall I sleep tonight knowing Indio is mad at me? I will try to repair this life-impacting relationship breakdown with this jewel of humanity by making the following points.

1) I've been sick and still am. Although I am feeling a little better these days so I have gotten back to work on the game. (Still out of work in my real job in case you're concerned)
2) We write >8K lines per episode and this takes time even without pausing the game due to point 1 above. Based on the amount of errors and typos you managed to squeeze into a single sentence, I hope you now understand the magnitude of 8K lines?
3) 3 games? Hmm...Maths isn't my strong suit so let me try..... WTHI = 1.....Re-count.....WTHI = 1. Oh, I forgot about WTHI so that's a total of.....1. Maybe maths isn't your strong suit either? Although you're obviously a master of the written word so you can't have it all..
3) Did I have a point 3 already? Sorry, maths isn't my strong suit.
4) The game is not abbb..., abb... (Does abbbaondend have 4 'b's or 5 ? I can't remember...Can't be bothered to check). The game has not been abbb... cancelled and is no longer on hold.

Apologies for the delay. It took me a while to get the crux of your cleverly coded message as I had to use google translate four times, the Rosetta stone twice, the enigma machine and I even roped in Koko the sign-language gorilla to help me so we got there in the end.

Hopefully this heartfelt response has restored your faith in me and you will be around in my garden for afternoon tea every second Sunday like before.

P.S. Koko is "beiung" upset at your lack of punctuation. He also said something about a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters couldn't come up with as many typos. I didn't really get his joke as it was too high-brow for me but I'm sure you'll get it and can share with your friends in the research lab tomorrow.

For every one else - Thanks for the nice messages and ongoing support. Hopefully we'll get a bit of momentum going this month. And I know a group of you got together to create the fake user and this ludicrous troll message. You overdid the typos (there's nobody out there that bad). But you know I'm a sucker for trolls so thanks for helping coax me out from under my rock as you know I just wouldn't be able to resist replying.

CG

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
However shall I sleep tonight knowing Indio is mad at me? I will try to repair this life-impacting relationship breakdown with this jewel of humanity by making the following points.

1) I've been sick and still am. Although I am feeling a little better these days so I have gotten back to work on the game. (Still out of work in my real job in case you're concerned)
2) We write >8K lines per episode and this takes time even without pausing the game due to point 1 above. Based on the amount of errors and typos you managed to squeeze into a single sentence, I hope you now understand the magnitude of 8K lines?
3) 3 games? Hmm...Maths isn't my strong suit so let me try..... WTHI = 1.....Re-count.....WTHI = 1. Oh, I forgot about WTHI so that's a total of.....1. Maybe maths isn't your strong suit either? Although you're obviously a master of the written word so you can't have it all..
3) Did I have a point 3 already? Sorry, maths isn't my strong suit.
4) The game is not abbb..., abb... (Does abbbaondend have 4 'b's or 5 ? I can't remember...Can't be bothered to check). The game has not been abbb... cancelled and is no longer on hold.

Apologies for the delay. It took me a while to get the crux of your cleverly coded message as I had to use google translate four times, the Rosetta stone twice, the enigma machine and I even roped in Koko the sign-language gorilla to help me so we got there in the end.

Hopefully this heartfelt response has restored your faith in me and you will be around in my garden for afternoon tea every second Sunday like before.

P.S. Koko is "beiung" upset at your lack of punctuation. He also said something about a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters couldn't come up with as many typos. I didn't really get his joke as it was too high-brow for me but I'm sure you'll get it and can share with your friends in the research lab tomorrow.

For every one else - Thanks for the nice messages and ongoing support. Hopefully we'll get a bit of momentum going this month. And I know a group of you got together to create the fake user and this ludicrous troll message. You overdid the typos (there's nobody out there that bad). But you know I'm a sucker for trolls so thanks for helping coax me out from under my rock as you know I just wouldn't be able to resist replying.

CG
Haha, definitely feeling a little better eh boss? Got the fire going. :D

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I started a new run starting from the beginning (as a sign of my total trust in the words of the developers) and I must say that actually the presentation of Monica's character is worse than I remember (if I'm not wrong I talked about it with Machete) not considering the misunderstanding of the stuffed swimming costume, that has to be taken for what it is, a comic moment, in the whole initial part Monica is really described in a not very fair way, the shadow of alcoholism, she is always ready to beg for a compliment, to bend over or lean out in a provocative way, in the end Zarah has more dignity

I repeat: I'm talking exclusively about the first chapters, in which she is by far the character who drools the most over MC, and while for Katie and Jenna it is acceptable that they have an "old" crush on MC, for Monica this is much less acceptable.

then at a certain point the story gets going, and Monica remains one of my favorite characters, but I must admit that it starts really badly
Yep, Couldn't agree more. Those early episodes were really just a rough draft / practice (same for the renders). I never had any intention of those being finished products but then the game took off and I never got a chance to polish them a little. A re-write (and re-render) of the earlier episodes is definitely part of my plans.

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
You know what? I'm starting to think Cheeky and Ace might be the same person... :unsure:

Maybe even split personalities of the same individual.o_O

Evidence? Just trust me, guys.;)

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
You know what? I'm starting to think Cheeky and Ace might be the same person... :unsure:

Maybe even split personalities of the same individual.o_O

Evidence? Just trust me, guys.;)
Ace and I have said the very same thing to each other.
In the mirror.
It is crazy! Early on when we were just starting to work together and we often kept coming up with the same ideas for scenarios it was a bit freaky. We only finish about half of each others sentences thankfully, so there is some room for creativity. :D I think we just grew up in the same "era" while consuming all the same media. Definitely a case study here of one sort or another.

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
It is crazy! Early on when we were just starting to work together and we often kept coming up with the same ideas for scenarios it was a bit freaky. We only finish about half of each others sentences thankfully, so there is some room for creativity. :D I think we just grew up in the same "era" while consuming all the same media. Definitely a case study here of one sort or another.
*In a dark and seemingly solitary room*

Ace: How did you know what I was thinking?

Cheeky: Can't you guess? After all this time? All the things that have happened? All the hints that I have dropped?

Ace: You mean that...

Cheeky: Yes, Ace. I'm you.

Ace: How...?

Cheeky: Just think about it...

*Cue Fight Club-like flashback*

:WutFace:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yep, Couldn't agree more. Those early episodes were really just a rough draft / practice (same for the renders). I never had any intention of those being finished products but then the game took off and I never got a chance to polish them a little. A re-write (and re-render) of the earlier episodes is definitely part of my plans.
Hang on, a rerelease of the early episodes sounds nice and all, but the devil's in the details. I'm not going to need to make "Monica Shot First!" t-shirts, am I?

(Glad to see your recovering is continuing, Cheeky!)

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Wow what a nice text maybe you should put this effort in those 8k lines of text instead to bother with the "troll", wow for one that claims he's sick comming here making very funny sarcastic jokes i would think that one has others problems when sick like i dunno tending to his health maybe, eh boss?
What I don‘t get is why you feel the need to defend a random 2 line comment from a person you will likely never hear from ever again and jump on a post from a developer who is clearly just letting off some steam. To me Cheekys post was more like a „getting out of bed and stretching for the first time after a long period of not being able to move at all“ thing, while your post just screams entitlement a la „if you can post here, you can work on the next update you milking piece of shit“.
Not trying to whiteknight for the dev, but your comment is just nasty.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
pull yourself together!! both developers have answered you, stay calm and breathe!!!

Yeah, WTHI is definitely a gem in the rough at the start. Monica included. Cheeky was a one man team then and finding his feet in everything, but keep in mind, Monica was also in probably a very tough spot in life when the MC came along at the start.
I wasn't making it a problem of realism, but of "desirability", a middle-aged woman with a little alcohol problem and disoriented by her economic vicissitudes is credible and realistic, only, that at least for me, she is not particularly fascinating. "Ethically" MC should reject her, he is quite aware of her situation.

their story starts "worse" than the others

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, for a self-proclaimed sub she sure does take a lot of delight in putting others down. :p
I know quite a few subs who have a sharp tongue. Especially one I know who identifies as a Brat and is writing a "Guide to Brats and Brat Tamers" book. She's the inspiration for a future "Unicorn" project.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: acewinz

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
What I don‘t get is why you feel the need to defend a random 2 line comment from a person you will likely never hear from ever again and jump on a post from a developer who is clearly just letting off some steam. To me Cheekys post was more like a „getting out of bed and stretching for the first time after a long period of not being able to move at all“ thing, while your post just screams entitlement a la „if you can post here, you can work on the next update you milking piece of shit“.
Not trying to whiteknight for the dev, but your comment is just nasty.
Just a note. The poster you refer to is consistent in approach. I literally looked at who and knew the jist. Scary isn't it. The opportunity to be a troll is never ignored. That is the only real value added. The poster fills a niche. I totally agree with your assessment of said post even though it is unreadable to me. DOH! :giggle:

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Are you for real, you should ask yourself how come this dev has the energy to write such a long text to someone who considers a "troll" will likely never hear from
I'm sure that the dev said he was a sucker for trolls....or Did i misread that too..?........whatever.....

if you have the energy for that you God damn should have the energy for those 8k lines too, right?
Come on now.....that was just a post with a bunch of couple of lines.....the dev did just say that he was sick...and still is......and it's obvious that he doesn't have the energy for those 8k lines right now....(8000...lines..seriously?)

How do you know that guy wasn't blowing some steam off too, maybe i was doing that too when i wrote that or only them devs are allowed to do that?
wasn't gonna make any comment here...but gotta say ..you guys have a weird way of blowing off some steam

Btw that's exactly what you was doing, whiteknighting...
wait...Does that mean i'm whiteknighting the Construct guy right now...........OH....Bite me

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes