botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Eh, it might have really been wrong to be set so definitely on a May update, even though I get why Cheeky wanted it to happen.
You shouldn't underestimate the effect crunching like this can have on your energy, your psyche, what good is it to work yourself like that if you are then burned out for now?

Not saying it will happen to Cheeky, but it definitely happened to devs here and in the long run giving yourself the time you need might be the better decision in some cases.

Because after the update is released, it's the time before the NEXT update is released.
And damn if I don't want the episode out asap, but more importantly I want the game to be finished and the health of the dev-team intact....

.... so they can create many more great games for us. ;)

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
And anyway i trained my patience years ago with thiskind of speed.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
Ahh. Brings back fond memories of my days surfing the BBSs with my 56K modem. Of course this picture is way too high resolution for that. We were dealing with 640x480. If we were lucky. The 256 color pallette is spot on though. Only took 20 minutes to download per image. Good times.

Reactions: Biju P

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Funny, this movie was on CBS tonight.

Anyways according to the patreon post this update will be slightly delayed.

Unfortunately the update is not over 9000 lines.
Do I really have to add a bunch of spaces to the script to push us over 9000 just to be truly meme worthy? :p
If it makes you feel better my initial estimate of 4-6 animations was way off. Ended up doubling that including variations. Of course the downside of that is I think I am now in charge of video editing. lol

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Do I really have to add a bunch of spaces to the script to push us over 9000 just to be truly meme worthy?
We here takes things very literally. Just have one character start to recite the Gettysburgh Address. You can just copy and paste it from Wikipedia. Should only add a few hours to the schedule and then everyone is happy!

Captain Kirk

Donor
Sep 27, 2019
Do I really have to add a bunch of spaces to the script to push us over 9000 just to be truly meme worthy? :p
If it makes you feel better my initial estimate of 4-6 animations was way off. Ended up doubling that including variations. Of course the downside of that is I think I am now in charge of video editing. lol
If it's 8999 lines I feel it would be a better meme.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I'm assuming the images and animations are at 1920x1080. Would the game look better on a 1440p monitor? Or would it actually look worse because the image would be stretched and the extra pixels just filled somehow? I'm asking because I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p monitor.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'm assuming the images and animations are at 1920x1080. Would the game look better on a 1440p monitor? Or would it actually look worse because the image would be stretched and the extra pixels just filled somehow? I'm asking because I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p monitor.
Yup, 1080 standard generally, but I play in 1440 and it doesn't detract for me in our game or others. You might see a difference with games with really grainy renders, or older japanese hentai games (especially with interfaces that didn't play well beyond their original native res) but I don't think our renders even at the start were noticeably different at 1440.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes