Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
just read the post about the dev quitting their IRL job to work on this full time, while i'll commend them on taking a leap of faith to become a full time dev i can only hope they have plans for their next game since this one is seemingly almost all done. It's one thing to wanna finish a project but another entirely to quit a job to do so and have no 2nd game cookin' already, even if it's just script writing so far on the back of a napkin.

But who knows, they might have a supportive spouse and a double income household to be able to do so.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
just read the post about the dev quitting their IRL job to work on this full time, while i'll commend them on taking a leap of faith to become a full time dev i can only hope they have plans for their next game since this one is seemingly almost all done. It's one thing to wanna finish a project but another entirely to quit a job to do so and have no 2nd game cookin' already, even if it's just script writing so far on the back of a napkin.

But who knows, they might have a supportive spouse and a double income household to be able to do so.
in most cases when devs turn avn-s developing into their "full time job" that doesnt end well...at least not for their supporters. fingers crossed (it doesnt turn that way) for cheeeky and WTHI.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
in most cases when devs turn avn-s developing into their "full time job" that doesnt end well...at least not for their supporters. fingers crossed (it doesnt turn that way) for cheeeky and WTHI.
What? Care to give some examples? Because I have some successful ones (DPC, Drifty, Digi.b, etc..)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
What? Care to give some examples? Because I have some successful ones (DPC, Drifty, Digi.b, etc..)
start from those "successful" of yours, then go further...to not go OT.
hopefully cheeky wont become one of those, it already is pretty tedious for all parties included, i would say.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
start from those "successful" of yours, then go further...to not go OT.
hopefully cheeky wont become one of those, it already is pretty tedious for all parties included, i would say.
Obviously I don't know all the games but I've never heard someone quitting his full time job to become a full-on avn dev and things didn't work out. There must be some of course but not "most cases"

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Obviously I don't know all the games but I've never heard someone quitting his full time job to become a full-on avn dev and things didn't work out. There must be some of course but not "most cases"
Happens to most actually, that's fact. Otherwise, they would all be doing it wouldn't they? It's so simple..make game, make cash, quit job,.,...Profit???

C'mon Dolf...even you're not naive. Just like devs who actually do make enough money to live on...same as OF girls. The vast majority fail, give up or realise how much work it actually is to be in that 1%.

It's a 1% for a reason....

Reactions: sava75 and Joshy92

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Happens to most actually, that's fact. Otherwise, they would all be doing it wouldn't they? It's so simple..make game, make cash, quit job,.,...Profit???

C'mon Dolf...even you're not naive. Just like devs who actually do make enough money to live on...same as OF girls. The vast majority fail, give up or realise how much work it actually is to be in that 1%.

Yes the vast majority fail doing avn, but I don't think vast majority are quitting their full-time job to do it, that's my point. They do it as a hobby or if they're already unemployed imo

Reactions: Maviarab

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023

Yup just like all the guys I knew in high school that had bands. None ever made it more than winning the talent contest or playing in a few local bars on Saturday night.

Reactions: sava75

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Yes the vast majority fail doing avn, but I don't think vast majority are quitting their full-time job to do it, that's my point. They do it as a hobby or if they're already unemployed imo
Ahh sorry, thought you meant the vast majority who quit their jobs were successful...that's what I was...never mind hehe, my bad. :)

Moving on...

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I think if Cheeky does another game after this he will probably have less girls or routes.
Anyway, it takes guts to gamble like this, so I have mad respect for that.

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes