3.10 star(s) 36 Votes

yeetsleet69

Dec 21, 2021
Anyone have the same issue with quests getting stuck ?
For example the starting quests get kinda stuck if you save and close the game after that its stuck and wont continue for example with crafting an building plan.
So does saving corrupt the game or whats the issue ?

Reactions: HanktheHunk3

barsik

Aug 21, 2017
Been a few months since the last update (no matter how small). Can't tell if the developer lost the passion for the project or the next update will have some major changes and fixes.

RawDarkness

Sep 20, 2021
Been a few months since the last update (no matter how small). Can't tell if the developer lost the passion for the project or the next update will have some major changes and fixes.
Since the save system has been plauged with issues from the start, im reworking it completly. Downside of that is that until that is done, a build cant really be shipped as the game is in a broken state without saving/loading. The save system also touches every aspect of the game so it has become a bit of a ripple effect where lots of old "legacy" code has been rewritten as part of making them work with the new save system.
These are the main reasons for the delayed update, but im working on it and have the major points of it functional, now i need to find and fix all the small issues that always arise when poking around too much in code.

In addition to the save revamp, there is several new systems coming as well such as an activity based skill system (think morrowind style), randomized enemy stats, traits and appearances (for future breeding to maximize stats), a new taming system to gain followers, farming and lots of performance optimizations.

Point1979

May 24, 2021
Since the save system has been plauged with issues from the start, im reworking it completly. Downside of that is that until that is done, a build cant really be shipped as the game is in a broken state without saving/loading. The save system also touches every aspect of the game so it has become a bit of a ripple effect where lots of old "legacy" code has been rewritten as part of making them work with the new save system.
These are the main reasons for the delayed update, but im working on it and have the major points of it functional, now i need to find and fix all the small issues that always arise when poking around too much in code.

In addition to the save revamp, there is several new systems coming as well such as an activity based skill system (think morrowind style), randomized enemy stats, traits and appearances (for future breeding to maximize stats), a new taming system to gain followers, farming and lots of performance optimizations.
Would you consider an update coming in days, weeks, or months?

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
That's good the save system is getting fixed. Every time I have tried a new build I usually quit after something went wrong with it. Other stuff sounds interesting too. Glad the game isn't abandoned.

RawDarkness

Sep 20, 2021
Bit of an update on performance optimizations, mainly for those with lower end systems.

Mostly doing bugfixing currently, which is boring to post about. However I did get some nice results on the optimization front i can show off.
Running everything on lowest settings on the current version 0.8.4.7 i got around 15 fps on my test system (GTX 1050 , 16gb ram, i7-7700HQ), running at 1080 resolution.
After optimizations in the current build, which also includes adding AMD FSR and defaulting to frame generation being enabled, i get around 25 fps on the same scene.

It also looks slightly better visually (imo).
These performance increases wont affect all systems equally but probably benefit low end systems the most.
With FSR frame generation can now be use for all systems, not only Nvidia 4xxx series cards, which should boost most systems a fair bit.

fps-pre changes2.png fps-post changes.png

3.10 star(s) 36 Votes