3.10 star(s) 36 Votes

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
hope the dev adds more monsters like mimic,slime,zombies etc nice game
Agreed, I would love to see more monsters in the game.

With all of the issues and bugs that the game has right now, I would happily wait for more monsters and 'stuff to do' if it meant getting things like the quest bugs fixed or adding in a better tutorial such as pop up windows that have to be dismissed for things like how sex and Grit work.

Reactions: Kyoka

RobertRick

Feb 19, 2020
I lose my inventory once in a while. Like the furnace with all that's inside it. It happens for sure if I enter through the doors of one of underground dungeons. Sometimes it happens when I return from a longer trip around the island. Anyone know what is going on here?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I lose my inventory once in a while. Like the furnace with all that's inside it. It happens for sure if I enter through the doors of one of underground dungeons. Sometimes it happens when I return from a longer trip around the island. Anyone know what is going on here?
It's a bug in the game, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Did you build it next to the fisherman's hut? That area around that hut seems to be cursed, things fall through the map or just disappear for no good reason. Try building things anywhere else, if you were building next to the fisherman hut.

Ya don't have to move far just not right next to the hut. I had that issue (and others) enough that I quit bothering with building an actual house.
I do have beachfront property though:
HighresScreenshot00004.png

Sep 16, 2018
Is there a way to have sex besides being defeated? I see the little werewolf guys with heart icons above their healthbar, and they just stand there doing nothing, but I don't know how to do anything from there.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Is there a way to have sex besides being defeated? I see the little werewolf guys with heart icons above their healthbar, and they just stand there doing nothing, but I don't know how to do anything from there.
Get close to the monster and then press the masturbate key. If you are close enough, the monster will walk over and start banging your character. If you are not sure of what the masturbate key is, press escape, click on settings, then click on input settings, that will show you all of the key mappings.

Also: You need to have enough Grit to have sex with things or your character will be killed. You can tell how much grit you have by the number of hearts displayed right above your health bar. The amount of grit you have needs to be equal or higher than the number of skulls that a monster has.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Any guide here or just do my own stuff?
Pretty much just do your own stuff, for now. There is 'stuff' to do, but there isn't much in the way of story or questing.

You can run through any of the dungeons you want, be aware that they are stocked with nightmares and reapers, so if you cannot take them on, wait until you can craft steel or dark steel gear and/or level up more.

You can make babies with any of the monsters that have hearts beside their name and you can make a crafting table to turn those babies into monster companions. The companions are kind of wonky, in that they don't really follow you around well and just kind of stand there while you get beaten up by something.

There is a dragon on the SE island you can talk to, he gives you a quest to kill nightmares and if you can complete it, you can fly around the island with the dragon.

You can build your own personal home, complete with furniture, pretty much anywhere you want on the island. Building near enemy spawn areas is kind of a bad idea, but you can do it.

There are quests you can get from a few of the NPCs, but they can be pretty buggy and can disappear/reset if you enter or exit a dungeon.

Reactions: Daff/TTATT/

knightsnapper

Apr 30, 2017
I still have no friggin idea where to find iron ore in this game at all lol
Iron ore can be bought from the blacksmith in the town or can be mine on the north end of the island amongst the trees. It looks like a rock with a black steak on it. Probably not the best description, but hopefully that will help.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I still have no friggin idea where to find iron ore in this game at all lol
This might help. https://f95zone.to/threads/wicked-island-v0-8-4-7-rawdarkness.118878/post-12926494

There is a map attached to that post that marks the locations of various things in the game. There is a whole lot of rambling, by me, about tips and things to do and at the bottom is a map with a few things marked on it that might be helpful.

PS: The iron ore nodes look like dark grey rocks with black streaks on it. There is a lot of iron nodes on the northern part of the map, mostly in the forested area, if you see wolves hanging around in a area, you can usually find iron nodes to mine.

Last edited:

bottledwaterbob

Sep 29, 2020
None an won't be one.
Doesn't seem like there would really be much need for one since the map is pretty small and you can just make your way to any particular "scenes" you'd like to see. I do think they could use some polish though for sure. They look great starting off but the physics is kinda wonky. Its a one man team though so that considered, I think he's done great.

Jul 17, 2018
I updated the game, and I get a message saying my display driver is outdated and gives me the minimum supported version. I didn't have this problem with older versions of the game.

bottledwaterbob

Sep 29, 2020
I noticed that entering the dungeon on the Dragon Isle will make your house and everything in it despawn and fall through the map. Does the dev know about this? I've lost 2 houses now going in that place, I wasn't sure the first time so had to double check.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I noticed that entering the dungeon on the Dragon Isle will make your house and everything in it despawn and fall through the map. Does the dev know about this? I've lost 2 houses now going in that place, I wasn't sure the first time so had to double check.
Wow. That really sucks, dude. I am pretty sure that the Dev is aware of things like that and he has been working on it, tweaking things here and there, maybe he will have a fix in the next version they put out.

If you haven't done it yet, the only thing I can suggest is to try deleting the WickedIsland save folder and starting a new game. In Appdata\local, just delete (or rename) the WickedIsland folder and start the game again.
It MIGHT help, but no guarantees.

bottledwaterbob

Sep 29, 2020
Wow. That really sucks, dude. I am pretty sure that the Dev is aware of things like that and he has been working on it, tweaking things here and there, maybe he will have a fix in the next version they put out.

If you haven't done it yet, the only thing I can suggest is to try deleting the WickedIsland save folder and starting a new game. In Appdata\local, just delete (or rename) the WickedIsland folder and start the game again.
It MIGHT help, but no guarantees.
Meh, its not too much of a loss. Few hours of time. I've finally figured out where most of the stuff I need is to progress so starting over again isn't all that time consuming, the only real loss is the levels but thats not a big deal. I'll just wait till a new version comes out and try again :)

Reactions: CaptainBipto
3.10 star(s) 36 Votes