3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
so u all so like me finished all the old mans quest and in the game options cant click the box for defeat sex option correct?
I have not finished the old mans quest, I have gone around and attacked various creatures, some that outright kill me and some that mate. I never had to click a box.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
My house and everything I build was gone after I load a savegame. The fishermans quest was resettet also. I still had my weapon, tools and inventory but thats it.
As far as I am concerned the game is not worth wasting time on right now, far to many game breaking bugs. I will be waiting for at least 2 more updates before I try again.

Reactions: kommnistulum

KSSL

Jan 21, 2023
[Repost since it's like 3 pages back]
"
Guys any ideas why nothing happens when i extract and run the game ?
It's working in task manager but nothing launches. After a bit cpu usage reaches 0 and memory 59.4mb, and then it just shuts down.
Can you all help me please ?
(I have played an earlier version, about a year before i think)
"

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
My house and everything I build was gone after I load a savegame. The fishermans quest was resettet also. I still had my weapon, tools and inventory but thats it.
You might want to delete your saves and settings folder and just start from scratch, if you haven't dome that already. I did that with this version (0.8.4.6) and didn't have anywhere near the problems that others have been reporting.
I ran into my share of bugs, but I had deleted the whole wicked island folder in appdata\local before I started the current version. It kinda sucks, but this is not the most stable game there is, so it doesn't surprise me to have to nuke all of my progress and start over.
[Repost since it's like 3 pages back]
"
Guys any ideas why nothing happens when i extract and run the game ?
It's working in task manager but nothing launches. After a bit cpu usage reaches 0 and memory 59.4mb, and then it just shuts down.
Can you all help me please ?
(I have played an earlier version, about a year before i think)
"
Start with rebooting your PC, don't shut it down, just restart, especially if you are using Windows 10. Win 10 has a 'fast start up' feature that, if it is enabled, can cause some bugginess if you shut down instead of restarting.
The first thing that comes to my mind is that you need to delete your settings folder and start from scratch.
The folder is located here: C:\Users\<your user name>\appdata\local\WickedIsland.
You can just delete the entire WickedIsland folder and then try starting the game again. Your save files are stored in this location, but the game has probably changed enough that your saves are probably not compatible, so deleting the whole folder and starting over is probably your best option.

I am not sure what else to suggest for you, the game started up just fine for me, both this version (0.8.4.6) and the previous version (0.8.4.5) launched just fine for me, but I had wiped my settings folder before I tried starting the game.

Reactions: KSSL and Wlms

KSSL

Jan 21, 2023
delete your settings folder and start from scratch
Well it didn't work, but thank you for trying.

For anyone else that might be able to help me i checked Microsoft Event Viewer and there were 2 information notifications and 2 errors regarding WickedIsland.exe.

1st error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2nd error:
1st "information" in event viewer (idk what that means):
2nd "information":
(Used spoilers to save space)
Apparently 0xc0000005 code is "Access Violation" or so says Google. But i tried launching in admin too so it would have access.

I will try to reinstall the mentioned dll's and weill let you know if it helps.

Now, i don't understand virtually anything about these but JUST in case anybody does please help me

Edit: Didn't work, same error.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Well it didn't work, but thank you for trying.

For anyone else that might be able to help me i checked Microsoft Event Viewer and there were 2 information notifications and 2 errors regarding WickedIsland.exe.

1st error:
2nd error:
1st "information" in event viewer (idk what that means):
2nd "information":
(Used spoilers to save space)
Apparently 0xc0000005 code is "Access Violation" or so says Google. But i tried launching in admin too so it would have access.

I will try to reinstall the mentioned dll's and weill let you know if it helps.

Now, i don't understand virtually anything about these but JUST in case anybody does please help me

Edit: Didn't work, same error.
Here are a few more thoughts for you:

Short Version:
- Run the UEprereqsetup_x64.exe, there might be some runtime package that it needs and it didn't get installed the first time.
- Try move your game files to the root of the C drive. Windows doesn't always like programs running from certain locations.
- Try running the base EXE file, if you are using the win-shippingx64.exe.

If all else fails, it is always possible that you have a corrupt download. I know 16GB can be a pain to re-download, but if you have tried everything else, it can't hurt to delete everything and download it again.

Reactions: KSSL

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
It feels like the game is going back an forth in the development, i am testing the 0.8.4.6 version, i like the new bigger ruins and the size of the island, especially with the "useless" teleport stones, a bigger island would be to big, i remember an very early version where they worked, not perfectly, but they worked, now they are only there to give xp, when the revealing system for POI would work, because that is again bugged, i had to walk through the tower portal and back to make it work, all that resets after loading a savegame, i had to because the horse is bugged too, i was riding the horse and i felt into a small gap between rocks, i was able to get of the horse and double jump out of that hole, then i walked a bit and tried to use the horse horn to spawn the horse back to my location but the result was that the girl got unmovable, i could also not reach the main menu, so i had to kill the game and start it again. The quests seem to work, mostly, some trigger are not working properly, it took me 4 attempts to trigger the starter quest step to grill meat, other steps like crafting clothing worked even better because the game recognized that i already had some clothing that i found in the chest on the beach. The mayor quest went smoothly, after killing the 5th werboar the quest triggered properly and i had to go back and talk to the mayor, then i tried to do the sorceress breeding quest, got pregnant from a werwolf, but as soon as the girl gave birth, the quest did not trigger, now the girl is pregnant again, maybe this time it will trigger. The blacksmith still does not have a shop, at least we are now able to cheat items, but building stuff is useless, because whatever i build, it disappears after loading a savegame.

Today i gonna give it another chance and test it further but especially that old savegames are not really compatible with newer versions it takes a lot time to get to new stuff like new quests. Ok i found another bug, the slaves in dungeons are also buggy, some do not follow at all other followed around but seems like they are not able to follow to the outside world, and because that happend i went back to the dungeon and went out again instantly, and my girl turned lvl 1 and lost everything, items, equipment and even the character settings were reset to standard.

The game has bestiality with "beasts" but will there be also something like bestiality with animals, just like the sisters of that farmer had to do? The horse at the farm has at least something to "work with" and that huge pig from older version might have been also a plaything for the farmer girls.

Last edited:

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
I cant seem to get any quesets to show after the old man starting quest any advice?
atm there is no questline in the game, so after the "tutorial" quest from the fisherman there won't be a following quest popping up automatically, you are free to find a quest giver npc, you do not even need to finish that quest.

For more quests, try the portal at the tower, or the village that is close to that. The game is in a very early state so you might not find many quests in the game.

Reactions: dtnmangry

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Decided to give this an another go, since it's been a couple of patches, and the game has sooo much potential:

- Defeat sex seems to be working, but I always die afterwards. (EDIT: Never mind, it's apparently random. Worked on the 4th try. )

- After setting the bed as a respawn point, every time I respawn, I'm stuck inside the bed and can't get out.

- It'll now let you place building items inside the hut near the fisherman. They just disappear every time you reload the game.

General feedback:

- All the messages go away so quickly that you often have no time to read them. There should probably be a message log too.

- It's massively vague what happens to your baby after you give birth. I can't find one in my inventory anyway. The above message problem probably contributes to that.

Questions:

- What DOES happen to the baby? Searching for anything related to that in this thread doesn't help much, but gives me the impression you need a specific workbench to see them?

- How do I clean up blood from my character?

Last edited:

KSSL

Jan 21, 2023
Guys did anybody solve the "disappearing buildings and stations" bug ?
They keep disappearing with the items in them, one time the crafting station just disappeared while i was using it.

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
- It's massively vague what happens to your baby after you give birth. I can't find one in my inventory anyway. The above message problem probably contributes to that.

Questions:

- What DOES happen to the baby? Searching for anything related to that in this thread doesn't help much, but gives me the impression you need a specific workbench to see them?
I always get an "baby" item, i see the birth animation, and in .6 most items you gather are sucked into your inventory, so it should be there, just the quest trigger does not recognize that. In one of the earlier versions i think it was in .3 there it was bugged so the babies disappeared without a trace.

What location do you chose for your girl to give birth? I remember that in .4 it might have happen when you have chosen a place outside on the ground, especially on uneven ground it might have happen that the baby felt through the ground, so i decided to do it only on even floor like inside the fisherman's hut. Did not lose a baby since that. Maybe the automatic gathering does not trigger when the baby falls through the ground?

In the .6 version you are able to spawn individual items into your inventory with the cheating menu, and the baby items for every beast are on the list, when i spawn them they are all in the inventory. Here you can see how the icon looks like (this is my first werwolf baby my girl gave birth, not one cheated into inventory):
InventarWWBaby.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: beefenstein

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
They keep disappearing with the items in them, one time the crafting station just disappeared while i was using it.
That is something i think only the dev can fix in a newer version. I thought that this would not happen anymore in .6, i have build a whole tower with all the tools and furniture in it and only those disintegrated in a second or two that were build too deep or were floating. At least you should get the mats back that you needed to build the workbench. The newest bug for building is that it seems like all the stuff you have build is not saved, so when you load a savegame everything you have build is gone.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Where are you trying to build things at? If it is in or around that fisherman hut, I would recommend that you avoid it. Things tend to fall through the map if you build anything around it or inside the hut.

There is a nice flat area just down the hill from that hut that has worked very well for me. I also set up a camp around the base of Isabell's tower, just placed a tent, cauldron, forge, workbench, and chest, and it all seems fine to me.
HighresScreenshot00004.png

Reactions: KSSL

Devil33

Apr 14, 2020
I always get an "baby" item, i see the birth animation, and in .6 most items you gather are sucked into your inventory, so it should be there, just the quest trigger does not recognize that. In one of the earlier versions i think it was in .3 there it was bugged so the babies disappeared without a trace.

What location do you chose for your girl to give birth? I remember that in .4 it might have happen when you have chosen a place outside on the ground, especially on uneven ground it might have happen that the baby felt through the ground, so i decided to do it only on even floor like inside the fisherman's hut. Did not lose a baby since that. Maybe the automatic gathering does not trigger when the baby falls through the ground?

In the .6 version you are able to spawn individual items into your inventory with the cheating menu, and the baby items for every beast are on the list, when i spawn them they are all in the inventory. Here you can see how the icon looks like (this is my first werwolf baby my girl gave birth, not one cheated into inventory):
View attachment 3336011
how long breg?

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
how long breg?
My Pregnancy time multiplier is set to x1.0, and the game gives you a message when the girl is ready. But even pregnancy is bugged, sometimes when you get through portal or in/out of dungeons the pregnancy progress might get stuck, then the purple messages are also no longer appearing, there is a workaround for that, get the girl pregnant again or take a potion of regret, if that does not help, reload an earlier savegame.

Reactions: Devil33

Devil33

Apr 14, 2020
My Pregnancy time multiplier is set to x1.0, and the game gives you a message when the girl is ready. But even pregnancy is bugged, sometimes when you get through portal or in/out of dungeons the pregnancy progress might get stuck, then the purple messages are also no longer appearing, there is a workaround for that, get the girl pregnant again or take a potion of regret, if that does not help, reload an earlier savegame.
where i find iron?

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes