3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

HWatcher1

Aug 1, 2018
Im having issues unzipping the file.

I get several errors reguarding String too Long.

Does anyone know of a program that can unzip this file WITHOUT me trying to rename every single file and folder to a shorter length?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Im having issues unzipping the file.

I get several errors reguarding String too Long.

Does anyone know of a program that can unzip this file WITHOUT me trying to rename every single file and folder to a shorter length?
That's a limit of the operating system. Specifically, there is a maximum length to filename + folder names. Put it in a folder that isn't buried so deep in your filesystem.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Thx. Do you maybe also know if it's possible to actually place the buildings you crafted yet? I have a tent and a campfire in my inventory, but I cannot place it.
You can't at the moment. The dev knows about this bug and has it fixed for the next demo build.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

HWatcher1

Aug 1, 2018
That's a limit of the operating system. Specifically, there is a maximum length to filename + folder names. Put it in a folder that isn't buried so deep in your filesystem.
its bascally on my desktop, the file path is this:

Desktop > VM to Desktop > Wicked Island Versions > Wicked Island [v0.2] [RawDarkness]

I have opened other files with NEARLY the same path and they all opened fine. I'm just lost on this

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
its bascally on my desktop, the file path is this:

Desktop > VM to Desktop > Wicked Island Versions > Wicked Island [v0.2] [RawDarkness]

I have opened other files with NEARLY the same path and they all opened fine. I'm just lost on this
The desktop actually isn't particularly close to the top of your filesystem. On a Windows computer, it's typically C:/Users/[UsernameHere]/Desktop/. If you're running a virtual machine on top of that, you may well be chewing through most of the 255 characters allowed on the filename+filepath combo.

As a specific example of a file in this game's folder (that is likely common to many UE4 games), you have:
wicked-island-windows-beta/Wicked-Island-0.2/WindowsNoEditor/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/GeForceNOW/Win64/GfnRuntimeSdk.dll​
That is 129 characters on its own, leaving you 126 characters for the remaining filepath.

Last edited:

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
ow, redesign of the inventory/equipment look, it will be nice idea, but yeah, maybe when the game will be in better status,

ElsaEraser

Sep 9, 2018
That happens with absolutely every Unreal program if networking isn't explicitly disabled. You can safely say no and it won't affect the game. The reason that happens is because the engine requests network access for networked game, whether you use it or not. Of course, an malicious developer could use the network system to get data out if you allow access.
Would be nice if the VR plugin was disabled though, as the game starts up the oculus software otherwise... not a big problem anymore, but slightly annoying.

DerpyDeeDoo

May 7, 2021
So the bones of the game are pretty good and the graphics are nice. Im hoping they include birthing scenes and add some features like allowing you to pan the camera around to see the front of the PC. Also, the "sex room" is laughably bugged, and the descriptions are inaccurate.

Reactions: nogling and Lifty

Lifty

Aug 14, 2017
So the bones of the game are pretty good and the graphics are nice. Im hoping they include birthing scenes and add some features like allowing you to pan the camera around to see the front of the PC. Also, the "sex room" is laughably bugged, and the descriptions are inaccurate.
True, I am also rather disappointed that you can't keep your character creation and just revert back to default lady with black hair. I hope character creation will be better soon, and also an option to edit the character in-game.

stuffity

Jan 3, 2019
Hey just as a quick note, for any enemy you can have sex with, you can go up and press 9 on them and get the sex scene. You don't necessarily have to lose a fight to experience it.

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
That happens with absolutely every Unreal program if networking isn't explicitly disabled. You can safely say no and it won't affect the game. The reason that happens is because the engine requests network access for networked game, whether you use it or not. Of course, an malicious developer could use the network system to get data out if you allow access.
Would be nice if the VR plugin was disabled though, as the game starts up the oculus software otherwise... not a big problem anymore, but slightly annoying.
Create Shortcut and add "-nohmd" in Target.

Reactions: Lifty
3.00 star(s) 46 Votes