3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Zaluveska

Jul 23, 2023
I'm really interested in this game. I've tried a few versions so far and I do enjoy 80% of it. The out of synch running animations are annoying, the game bugs are bad. They constantly break the game for me. All my monster babies/summon guys simply disappeared when I went logging a few yards away. No clue what happened. I think they just despawned. The weird crap happening when you zone in/out of a dungeon (Grit resetting, equipment disappearing, rescued slave girls stuck on geography), night effects not disappearing, pregnancy buff stuck at trimester 3 even after you birthed, sometimes multiple monsters, and more that's been mentioned in the thread already.
The ambition is awesome but man, they really need to do few rounds of serious bug crushing. Video games are hard, I get that. I did sub to subscribestar but cancelled. I have a limited budget (As I'm sure the devs do as well) and wanted to sub elsewhere.
I'm going to keep an eye on this for sure as it ticks so many boxes for me. I want this game to kick ass one day. It's just not really today.
I'll be happy to sub in the future but for now, I watch and wait.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I'm really interested in this game. I've tried a few versions so far and I do enjoy 80% of it. The out of synch running animations are annoying, the game bugs are bad. They constantly break the game for me. All my monster babies/summon guys simply disappeared when I went logging a few yards away. No clue what happened. I think they just despawned. The weird crap happening when you zone in/out of a dungeon (Grit resetting, equipment disappearing, rescued slave girls stuck on geography), night effects not disappearing, pregnancy buff stuck at trimester 3 even after you birthed, sometimes multiple monsters, and more that's been mentioned in the thread already.
The ambition is awesome but man, they really need to do few rounds of serious bug crushing. Video games are hard, I get that. I did sub to subscribestar but cancelled. I have a limited budget (As I'm sure the devs do as well) and wanted to sub elsewhere.
I'm going to keep an eye on this for sure as it ticks so many boxes for me. I want this game to kick ass one day. It's just not really today.
I'll be happy to sub in the future but for now, I watch and wait.
I agree, I am very frustrated with all the bugs. The graphics for an adult game I top tier in my view and it feels like that is what the dev is spending 80%-90% of their effort on which hurts the game in general. I wish the dev would stop adding to the game and just FIX THE FREAKING PROBLEMS.

Reactions: Zaluveska

jopemania

Jun 28, 2021
Game always crashes when i customizing my character to start the game. any advice? it said "Fatal Error" and in my task manager it says "Not Responding"

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Anyone have a rough guide for what level you need to be to breed each creature?
I don't think anyone has tried to make any type of guide for that.

Here is what I remember about it:

If you are not aware, sex is based on how many Grit points your character has (displayed as hearts above your health bar), you start with 1 point and you gain 1 Grit point every 2-3 levels.
The number of skulls that a monster has indicates how many Grit points you need to be able to have sex with a monster and not die.

Werewolves are a 1 skull. Wearbears and Satyrs are a 2 skull. Wereboars are a 3 skull.
(I think these are right) Trolls are a 4. Ogres and Nightmares are a 5. Minotaurs, Drakes, and reapers are a 6 (maybe 7 skulls). Arch demon is a 10.

So, at level 1 you can bang the werewolves. By level 7(or 8) you can bang the wereboars. At level 15 you should be able to put out for Ogres, Trolls and Nightmares.
By level 20 you should be able to bang pretty much anything you want, except for the Arch Demon.

Note:
If you get defeated and the monster has sex with you, it will reduce your available Grit points by the number of skulls. So, if you like the idea of your character getting beaten down(or you screwed up and got beaten down) and then raped, be prepared to die if there are more than 1 monster around. The points will regenerate at about 1 point every 10-15 minutes or so.

There is a cheat menu in the game. Press / on the Num Pad and you will be able to tweak settings and spawn gear, items, or monsters. I can't remember if you can adjust Grit points in the cheat menu, but I am assuming that you can.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Game always crashes when i customizing my character to start the game. any advice? it said "Fatal Error" and in my task manager it says "Not Responding"
There is a prerequisite file that needs to be run if you have never played the game. It's a UE thing and not this game. If you have done this before, it won't hurt anything to run it again. It installs a runtime component and if it is damaged, the installer will repair it.
Go to this folder: WickedIsland\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us and run the UEPrereqSetup_x64.exe file.
You shouldn't need to, but wouldn't hurt to restart your computer after you install that and then try running the game again.

If you have played earlier versions of the game, go to this folder: C:\Users\<Your user>\AppData\Local and delete the WickedIsland folder, that folder stores settings for the game and the game tends to crap itself any time the game is updated and you don't delete that folder.

Before you create a character, you might want to go into settings first and crank your graphics settings down to low. This game does seem to suffer from the 'But, can it run Crysis' syndrome and even people with fairly new, higher end, machines have had problems with the game on max (Epic) graphics.

Makaron22

May 15, 2024
Note:
If you get defeated and the monster has sex with you, it will reduce your available Grit points by the number of skulls. So, if you like the idea of your character getting beaten down(or you screwed up and got beaten down) and then raped, be prepared to die if there are more than 1 monster around. The points will regenerate at about 1 point every 10-15 minutes or so.
Since 0849 this does not work. Till 0851 for sure..
Only grits number(<3) counts. Hex count do not

LandfallC

Nov 9, 2022
Does anyone know how to make the partner pov work? pressing period does nothing and changing the keybind doesnt either, but player pov works oddly enough.

Gmind

Aug 11, 2020
The merchant keeps despawning. Either find a way to manually spawn him in/move him, fix the spawning system for the townsfolk, or make a static location to buy and sell goods. Honestly very annoying to deal with especially when everyone else is walking around in Graycott.

treos

Oct 19, 2017
i tried this game out not long ago and was left wondering about the strange graphics settings.

does anyone know which graphics setting affects character model detail? cause from what i could tell, that's attached to the preset toggle of all things and no other setting.

and while i do want the character models to look good... (well, better than non-descript geometric shapes anyway. >.> would have a better chance of...y'know...to friggin terraria sprites.) i don't want to melt my PC to achieve that by setting this game to anything above medium preset if i can help it cause anything above that runs SUPER HOT! to the point where that Core Temp app might be giving my cpu worrying looks and worry about its safety.

i mean, it's not that i'm opposed to fancy graphics. it's just that a LOT of game devs these days tend to default to max preset in games and just pretty much TRY to melt your hardware more often than not.

in this games case...this guy needs to optimize the FUCK out of this game to run it safely at anything above medium preset.

and i ain't using no potato either. i far exceed the recommended specs listed on steam.

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020

in this games case...this guy needs to optimize the FUCK out of this game to run it safely at anything above medium preset.

and i ain't using no potato either. i far exceed the recommended specs listed on steam.
The problem is the size and amount of abilities of the Engine. For example a new project in UE has as a default all options maxed. Then some features in UE like Metahumans, Nanite, RTX lightning and the megascans etc. that are easy to use are really power and memory hungry. For example most megascans have a 8k resolution - not really something you need, but it looks good and makes often games slow. Another thing is that a mass of features are activated by default in UE, but you don't need most of it for a game. UE is like an office program where when you start office to write a letter and office will always load the text processor, the spreadsheet part, the database part, the graphics part, the scheduler, the notes, the mail part, etc. when you only need the text processor - only in UE the parts needed for movies, automotive, architecture, games etc. are all loaded when you only need the game part. UE needs you to deactivate parts you don't want to use and that's not easy, because an addon does not tell you that it is not needed. You have to know what an addon does to know if it is needed for your project.
This makes it easier for somebody to start working with UE without delay without having to worry if everything needed is available, but has the disadvantage to include parts in your game that are not needed and makes the game big and slow. Another problem is that at most times you use assets you like that come in a packet. For example for a landscape you use 5 different materials, but the packet includes 200 materials. You need to say UE only to compiles assets that are used and not all assets that exist in a project. There are tutorials in the UE dev forum and other places how to reduce size of projects and compiled games and how to optimize for potatos, but it is not easy.....

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes