EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Not sure who to tag for this, but found a small bug (in latest version)
During the morning of day 3, you're waked up by Kisayo, and she calls you by the name Yaichi, even though I had renamed my MC to a different name

View attachment 3035008

Otsu also calls you Yaichi a few days later. So it seems the error is in multiple places all over the game.
IIRC, 'Yaichi' is his surname (or family name). Which is fixed. You can only change his 'given' name.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Dev tried to get both harem fans and ntr fans lol. Harem fans won't touch a brothel game with a 10 foot pole and ntr fans are as you said kinda heartbroken that the spicy bits got axed.
The game design was building towards the fight with Tomomitsu clan and I was planning to design ~30% portion of game content towards branching paths where heroines get stolen, corrupted by others and similar paths whenever actual fight against big bad enemy starts, but due to overwhelming dissatisfaction with current game I decided against that content.
I explained my reasons shortly after ejadrien asked the question on my discord to other user.
We still planning on similar spicy content, but only as endgame content now.

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
IIRC, 'Yaichi' is his surname (or family name). Which is fixed. You can only change his 'given' name.
No, his family name is Kawamura. And Yaichi is the original firstname, that you are allowed to change at the start of the game. On most occasion, the NPC call you by your changed name, but on some dialogue they use the default name instead of the name chosen by the player.

Reactions: DougTheC

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
The game design was building towards the fight with Tomomitsu clan and I was planning to design ~30% portion of game content towards branching paths where heroines get stolen, corrupted by others and similar paths whenever actual fight against big bad enemy starts, but due to overwhelming dissatisfaction with current game I decided against that content.
I explained my reasons shortly after ejadrien asked the question on my discord to other user.

That was my plan which I explained early on, but unfortunately I find out people lack patience for proper build up to that point.

--- I'm replying to you which "happens" to the actual dev of the game (rofl), but my reply is not directly directed at you, nor at the "developer" of the game, I'm merely using your reply as a starting base to describe my personal perspective.

I personally haven't played the game yet since I was waiting to get more content before jumping in, so I genuinely don't have an opinion on it. I admittedly got a bit shocked by the waterfall of people's whining about the more "vanilla" approach and the more "serious" approach of the plot.

To be fair, what truly remained me from the original game was those extreme moments of comedy, mixed with the kinky, spicy and yet wholesome mood of the game (in my memories at last).

As I stated... I haven't played the refined one so my opinion of it is pretty much zero, but I just want to add a different perspective:

I have no idea about the current state of the game; as I have no idea why would someone play a brothel game and then complain about "Oh my gosh, NTR!" I mean.. duh?; I have no idea how you could even create a brothel game about a "harem"....

So I'll get to the point... Is it that hard to simply enjoy a game about sluts and kinky situations? Or merely brothel dynamics with all the particular situations that the other game managed to create? Weird customers, weird stories, weird interactions between girls and even with the MC?
And god lord... Why is everyone so salty about NTR, NTR, seeing NTR even when NTR Is NOT bloody there? People have emotions, men, women, girls, whores (strangely enough they too have emotions)... Is that bizarre to accept that some lovingly attitudes may spontaneously arise between people (friendship, love) without the NEED to sink into a pit of possessivity and sexual "heavy" kinks like ntr or even just "sharing"? (netorase)

You just "got" yourself a brothel, one of the whore is nice and affectionate and somehow you get affectionate to her too because your heart is not made of stone and you don't treat people like tools. DONE, ends of the deed... what's the problem?

TL;DR I'll still play the game because I don't care about all those whines: the first wicked rouge was a lovely diamond and I wanna believe this one will be another kind of jewel, perhaps that was an emerald and this is a ruby (if the game is so different as many people are stating). I appreciated the emerald and let's see if I'll appreciate the ruby too.
I don't mind being a glutton :coffee:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Ya know, I've never really understood that.
I've always found it unreasonable to think that an MC could sleep with everyone under then sun while expecting them to sleep with only the MC.

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander', etc.
I love harems. Hate NTR. Many of my favorite games are brothel ones.
There is a big difference between what I would consider mine, and what I would simply use. Just because you like harems doesn't mean your pants on head retarded about a persons past. How many harem games have a mom in them? And if your making someone a whore, you are choosing to let go of that person as being yours.

as far as being an unreasonable expectation, usually in a harem setting the females are choosing to belong to a single partner out of dominance, affection, best male in existence (generally the common one, every other male is a loser or a dick in those games) you get the idea.

But I also know what NTR is supposed to be, not just "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE FOR MAKING ME WATCH A TWO OTHER PEOPLE FUCK!" viewpoint half the morons here have.

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
Well, I guess, some people will have to wait for final release with endgame part included. Though it should be very far away in the future

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
For real? Is the final release so close? :unsure: If yes I'll consider waiting for it before actually playing it
It'll take some time to adapt the content into a game format. Final chapter are being worked on (written), but it is multiple chapters long and there's still some extra content to be released before finale.

Reactions: DougTheC

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
fidless

I thought the bug where Fudeyo goes missing/disappears is fixed?
I started a new game to play the game on hard difficulty and lost her somewhere at the end. I transfered the old save to 0.12 but she hasn't reappeard yet. Anything I need to do to get her back? If need be I can also use saveeditonline to tinker with the save if you tell me what to do.

Another thing, I thought the MC had another passive skill except for Vigor II and Enhanced Strength (at least at lvl 15)?

Thank you!

godeyeice

Sep 11, 2017
wait is it just me or MEI profile/picture/training still using the old image?

EDITED ok Icheck the file MEI use the same image as previous version before remake

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
fidless

I thought the bug where Fudeyo goes missing/disappears is fixed?
I started a new game to play the game on hard difficulty and lost her somewhere at the end. I transfered the old save to 0.12 but she hasn't reappeard yet. Anything I need to do to get her back? If need be I can also use saveeditonline to tinker with the save if you tell me what to do.

Another thing, I thought the MC had another passive skill except for Vigor II and Enhanced Strength (at least at lvl 15)?

Thank you!
The next version (v14) will include Mei's introduction as Oiran and Fudeyo's return. Probably be released in December.
So Fudeyo will be back after that update.

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023

I might be out of the loop, but "overwhelming dissatisfaction"? Who? When? Where? I mean, there's been some talk about comparing the old vs the new version, but they are not all that dissimilar and this game is certainly one of the ones I look forward to the most each update.

Anyway, you should make the game you want, if you listen to the players, you'll be dragged in 360 different directions at the same time.

Reactions: StachuJons

Darksol

Feb 8, 2019
So, no dark path then? For fucks sake... First game got reworked right when such content was about to start, next gangbangs got cut and now this. Talk about blueballing...

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
I genuinely think the dev doesn't understand the point of why brothel games were a popular genre. Why else would they ruin all of the fun in training a circle of women into being the best whores possible? People searching for vanilla experiences have everything from games, books, videos. Its ridiculous to try and shoehorn that experience into a brothel runner and expect a positive result. (Especially if the circle of women look so indiscriminate. I forgot their names immediately as I finished the update.)
If they do understand then I expect their next project to be even more of a complete mess. Why else would you create a niche experience and then throw the entire premise away to chase a market who despises your product?

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
So, no dark path then? For fucks sake... First game got reworked right when such content was about to start, next gangbangs got cut and now this. Talk about blueballing...
Yeah lmao, last game was abandonned right before the "heroines can get stolen by rivals" so i was eagerly waiting for it in this new version but looks like it's not coming either

• Sad
Reactions: Tiasung

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Thank you, fidless, for another excellent update. I'm enjoying playing Wicked Rouge Refine once again.

I know it's not necessary but, let me apologize for yet another moronic one star review... Any VN as well constructed and visually stunning as Wicked Rouge Refine deserves better than a one star review no matter what the reviewer may think of its strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes there is no accounting for ignorance.

Sorry if that seems like a rant but, I just couldn't make myself let it go. Now... I'll get back to enjoying this wonderful VN/game!

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes