VN Ren'Py Wild Cats [v0.1.1] [LopaPhi]

4.50 star(s) 29 Votes

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
I'm going to break down some of the post just for easier posting/replying.

Sometimes I wonder whether you understand what you read. I have repeatedly said we don't know the current circumstances for Fiona. That there is no context to her story so far. I provided a hypothetical scenario that could happen. I did not say that it's what I think happened. I used it as an example to drive the point that there is no context to her story to make any judgment because the context matters. On the other hand, you're very happy to jump into quick judgment without taking context into consideration.
As I pointed out in my post to another guy discussing the same thing, there is no context where getting a bunch of "tough dudes" to beat the shit out of someone is actually justified. If the coach was at fault or if he had done something unbecoming towards the members, the dean should have been called in.
In this case, he wasn't, the coach was brutalized on school grounds and it was all hushed up. This also rules out any option that operates on the right side of the law, because what was done wasn't exactly by the book and very few types of individuals could have done it this way.
People keep trying to suggest anything except criminals but gloss over the fact that individuals who aren't criminals wouldn't exactly beat the shit out of someone at a public institute.

Skylaroo said:
"Maybe she's just misunderstood" is a valid point because we are provided with discrepancies between the negative story about her (violent) and the positive story (caring about teammates, never skipping class). Then of course there is an outright dialogue from Lexi saying that Fiona is a different person once you get to know her.
Just telling you off the bat, being violent isn't mutually exclusive with caring about her teammates. Historically speaking, even the cruelest of despots and tyrants all had someone or some people that they truly cared for, it really does nothing to somehow disprove that she's violent.
She also punched MC in the face, when she had no reason to, so there's a LOT of reasons to say that she is violent.
Moreover, Lexi knew her and played against her a lot previously, we actually have no indication that they still hang out so what she's saying could have been true, and Fiona could have very well become extremely radicalized since then.

Skylaroo said:
If you're talking about arguing in bad faith, you seem to be the one as you openly stated that you are ignoring that when you said the below. You chose to believe one but not the other.
I'll point towards the previous few sentences I wrote, we have no indication that Lexi and Fiona still hangs out, all we have is Lexi's word that "a few years ago she was great", and since then all we've gotten from Fiona is that she got some goons to beat the everloving fuck out of someone, instigated an argument for no reason by shoulder checking the MC at the start and then punching MC in the face.
As I said, I'm judging people for what we've been presented right now, not their past and not their future.

Skylaroo said:
This is the trend that is happening throughout this discussion where you consistently ignore in-game facts and preferring your own misguided interpretation instead. You are no longer doing suspension of disbelief, you are just outright creating your own fantasy where you pick and choose what you want.
I'll refer you to my above comments. You arbitrarily pick random things as "facts" even though, given the example, there's no reason to believe that the person who Lexi knew some years ago is the same person now.

Skylaroo said:
I'm not surprised because this explains why you completely misunderstand the characters. This is why "Don't just a book by its cover" is a saying.
Yeah, that applies to not judging someone for their physical appearance, we're dealing with actions here and actions do speak louder than words. Actions always show you more of what a human is like and how they think rather than what they say or how they attempt to portray themselves.
Fiona portrays herself as unapproachable and ornery, but her actions show that she's volatile and violent thus far. Unless you're trying to say that the game is only using "alternate reality" situations and she actually didn't do any of them, it was just a clone.

CinderFall201

Feb 5, 2018
Wow just finished the game up to the point and wow, dang....loving the personalities of the girls- and yes the guy still needs a bit more work but hey at least he got 1 girl to join. Looking forward to chapter 2!

Reactions: Skylaroo

iIIusory

Mar 17, 2024
Anyone know where the models came from? It looks really inspired by Manhwas.
its just the new style of default hs2 male characters right now. eternum probably popularized it. realm invader also has a similar looking mc

Rexo1013

Oct 2, 2020
It was amazing, it's been a long time since I liked a game so much for its artistic section as well as for its plot and characters, it even reminded me of when I played Ethernum for the first time. I'll be looking forward to the next chapters.

Reactions: MaxRichard
4.50 star(s) 29 Votes