• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Wolf RPG WIP [WIP Translation] Youmaen: The Magic Academy of Loli Succubi

Arctic9924

Jan 10, 2020
Thank you, but that doesn't really help when a good 80% of the options are in Japanese, so I have no idea as to what happens for anything I do in it. I will get to a moment where there is a unique interaction with one of the girls which I assume is a lead up to a scene, but then I have to make several choices. None of which I can read. Hence the having difficulty. I probably should have phrased it better. I know what the goals are. It's getting there that causes problems, which is why I asked for a save file. I like the idea of the game, but it is very hard to enjoy when you are unable to progress because you don't speak the language.

gears2260

Aug 25, 2018
I know, but besides teaching the girls kanji you can play minigames with them even without knowing japanese, which is what you are supposed to be doing. If you want a translation you can use Textractor

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
Thank you, but that doesn't really help when a good 80% of the options are in Japanese, so I have no idea as to what happens for anything I do in it. I will get to a moment where there is a unique interaction with one of the girls which I assume is a lead up to a scene, but then I have to make several choices. None of which I can read. Hence the having difficulty. I probably should have phrased it better. I know what the goals are. It's getting there that causes problems, which is why I asked for a save file. I like the idea of the game, but it is very hard to enjoy when you are unable to progress because you don't speak the language.
Not sure if this is going to help you.

Arctic9924

Jan 10, 2020
Not sure if this is going to help you.
That is one of the few parts of the game that is actually translated. The part the I am referring to are the ones like this, where no matter what happens I seem to make someone dislike me, getting me right back to where I started.

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
好きな食べ物は? -> What's your favorite food?
好きな遊びは? -> What's your favorite game?
好きな場所は? -> What's your favorite hang out spot?
苦手な事は? -> What's your weakness? / What do you dislike?

Last edited:

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
I managed to fix the font size issue I had.
Apparently, the font that was used, didn't support any latin letters. By switching to a different font, it fixed it.

I've also send out a comission request to someone who is going to translate everything picture related.

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
Sadly, the the one that would do the comission doesn't offer CGI edit. So I'm going to take a bit from the ULMF translation.

I'm still translating map data. The one that I'm currently working on is the school office, which has around 10-15 unique events, some of them have over 100 lines that need to be translated.

The quiz is also done. I've had to change some of the question because they didn't make any sense for the english language.

Last edited:

thederpamon

Mar 12, 2019
Keep up the good work! I'm excited to see this game brought to a playable English state.

Also, I would definitely take Option 2 from earlier, as I own the game and simply need the right data to replace it with after using Decrypter.

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
Im not sure if I can promise a full release of the translation at the end of August, because I underestimated how much of a work this is.
My main focus when I translate stuff is high quality wording and try to be accurate as possible.
There are times, where I go back and rewrite some lines because the context are sometime scattered between different events. There was also some confusion about the names, because I always thought they are written in katakana. But guess what. Some of them had Kanji as their name later on which took me a while to figure it out. That's why I was a bit confused some time while translating, because the sentence didn't make much sense.

Because english isn't my native language, I find it sometime quite hard to choose appropriate words or write expressions that fits to the individual characters. So don't expect some high level novel translation.

I also startet to translate some novels to train my Japanese reading and vocabular. I still have to look up quite often what the meaning of some kanjis are. But I hope that I'm able to learn the most important kanji within this year.

I also have 3 weeks holidays in a month. And because I don't have much else to do, I can spend a lot of my time translating stuff.
I don't feel like to release a WIP translation because in my opinion it ruins the fun and excitement.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
Im not sure if I can promise a full release of the translation at the end of August, because I underestimated how much of a work this is.
My main focus when I translate stuff is high quality wording and try to be accurate as possible.
There are times, where I go back and rewrite some lines because the context are sometime scattered between different events. There was also some confusion about the names, because I always thought they are written in katakana. But guess what. Some of them had Kanji as their name later on which took me a while to figure it out. That's why I was a bit confused some time while translating, because the sentence didn't make much sense.

Because english isn't my native language, I find it sometime quite hard to choose appropriate words or write expressions that fits to the individual characters. So don't expect some high level novel translation.

I also startet to translate some novels to train my Japanese reading and vocabular. I still have to look up quite often what the meaning of some kanjis are. But I hope that I'm able to learn the most important kanji within this year.

I also have 3 weeks holidays in a month. And because I don't have much else to do, I can spend a lot of my time translating stuff.
I don't feel like to release a WIP translation because in my opinion it ruins the fun and excitement.
Welp I waited all those years, I can wait a little more

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
Welp I waited all those years, I can wait a little more
I assure you that it will be worth it. The story is so wholesome. Except you mess with them.
Some of the characters are horrifying. Just like Vinum from Succubus Prison.

Fun fact: You can find a book that was written by Vinum.

Xoullion

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2019
There are chance you share with us some screenshoots? :cool:
BTW i cant wait to play again with this masterpiece.

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
There are chance you share with us some screenshoots? :cool:
BTW i cant wait to play again with this masterpiece.
Not sure what kind of screenshots you want to see. But because of rule 7 that we have, it's not allowed to post any H-CG in here.

Some of the dialogs are quite challenging. The developer tought it would be a great idea to write Milty (The Vampire) with first grade Kanji vocabular. The rest was written in hiragana / katakana which was a pain to translate.

I also started to look into the "Picture Book" minigame. That's a game which doesn't make sense for us western. You have to write the kanji into hiragana or katakana form. I'm thinking about how to creat a minigame on my own. If I don't find anything, I'm just going to translate the Kanji into english and you can simply copy and paste the word. Doesn't make much sense, but you are able to at least clear the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKingRen