VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Adventure [v0.0.2] [Unagi Games]

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I am not really a fan of sandbox games, since it's really easy to make the game more grindy. I am using this game as an experiment, I want to see what people like and how I can make a good VN. For now, it's very simple: the main story will be linear. If people like the game, I want to think about additional paths and add the events for those. If people enjoy the final version of this game, maybe I will think about how I can make a free roam game without it being grindy.

Thank you for your interest in the game, but I will keep posting progress in this thread, for now. I want to make a Discord when I have added more scenes, etc and when people really like this game.
I think you should stick with VN. It is possible to create games with multiple paths and options which makes it more enjoyable. Most of the best games in this site are VN.

I really don't think most players prefer sandbox and grinding unless they have time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: UnagiGames
Feb 3, 2021
i already have alot of hope for this game because the art style is amazing, and alot better than most things uploaded here, God speed hope you make progress on it! i'll be keeping an eye out regularly.

• Red Heart

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Yda is the MC? I'm confused.
For now it's a kinetic novel following Yda on her adventure to earn money for her own magic/potion shop. After the main story is done, I am going to think about adding other branches and endings.

But yes, Yda is the protagonist of this game.

I'll follow "Witch Adventure" for some more weeks and give it a try.
BUT.....

No animations? Uf, a game without animations, is a lame game. Just my humble opinion.

Whatever, good luck!
Everyone has their own preferences, but as I said earlier: adding animations with an art style that's this realistic won't only cost a lot of money, but also a lot of time. Time I want to spend on adding more scenes for you to enjoy.

It's too expensive for me to find an animator and create a few animations.

There are a lot of good games out there which don't have animations. As I said, everyone has the right to have his own opinion, but I hope you din't miss out good 2D games with "regular", non-moving scenes.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I loved this. Great art, and the dialogue is so hilariously awful! Please, keep it up, this is hilarious!

And to be clear, I'm not complaining, I loved every single second of this, even if it was over in like 5 minutes. Please don't try to "do better" because you'll probably just end up with something extremely boring.

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
:( I don't like kinetic, it makes me feel like i'm tied to a chair with my hands behind my back.
Then the game in the current state will not work for you. But perhaps when I finish the main story and will add additional branches, you will be back. I hope so!

Ill be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck to the dev i hope you make a masterpiece!
Thank you very much! I will do my best!

No ,no. If you stick with this I'm out then. Good luck! :rolleyes:
Hopefully you will come back in the future, when I maybe have added branches and choices.

I loved this. Great art, and the dialogue is so hilariously awful! Please, keep it up, this is hilarious!

And to be clear, I'm not complaining, I loved every single second of this, even if it was over in like 5 minutes. Please don't try to "do better" because you'll probably just end up with something extremely boring.
Haha, thank you! The story is meant to be simple and with a lot of jokes sprinkled it, there are a lot of excellent VN's with deep storylines, character development and an amazing story, but I wanted to create something to make people smile and laugh in this current time.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it!

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.0.1.2 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Look very interesting so far, hope to see this project grow more in the future. Your game work well with being a VN than a sandbox, just need to develop some more choices that will affect her path and personal in long term. Would be fun to corrupt and turn her into a lust

• Red Heart

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Look very interesting so far, hope to see this project grow more in the future. Your game work well with being a VN than a sandbox, just need to develop some more choices that will affect her path and personal in long term. Would be fun to corrupt and turn her into a lust
I agree. I think that for a sandbox game you would need more additional characters and a lot quests to keep it interesting. I have implemented a few choices for now, and in the next update you will see how it will change the scenes etc.

Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I agree. I think that for a sandbox game you would need more additional characters and a lot quests to keep it interesting. I have implemented a few choices for now, and in the next update you will see how it will change the scenes etc.
Very nice! Can't wait to see those change, new event and new characters to interact with. Hope the girls in the intro (Ciri, Zelda,...) would be those additional characters that Yda will meet and have some event with them in the future too

• Red Heart

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Very nice! Can't wait to see those change, new event and new characters to interact with. Hope the girls in the intro (Ciri, Zelda,...) would be those additional characters that Yda will meet and have some event with them in the future too
Perhaps I will, but I will probably give them different names if I decide to include events with them. I really like Ciri with big boobs. Next update will be there soon!

Looks great, especially the main character!! Any chance of a linux version?
Thank you! I just made a Linux build, I hope it work. Link: