VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Adventure [v0.0.2] [Unagi Games]

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That is one thick, redheaded, witch! I usually don't play female lead games that often but I'm down for check her out. I mean the game!!!

• Love
Reactions: UnagiGames

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Small update with small content that end in cliffhanging, but I can see and feel that the next update would be very hot with those Pixies. Can't wait for more

• Love

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
It will be in the game, but it's planned for in the future.

How big would you say the updates will be?
I try to update weekly, so updates will be smaller than one big update every month, but it will be easier for me to collect feedback.

That is one thick, redheaded, witch! I usually don't play female lead games that often but I'm down for check her out. I mean the game!!!
Thank you! I am happy Yda is so sexy that you had to try out the game!

Small update with small content that end in cliffhanging, but I can see and feel that the next update would be very hot with those Pixies. Can't wait for more
Just wait and see, haha! I hope you will like the next update too!

Reactions: hentai charley

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
UnagiGames Tried V0.02pc and it crashes at startup. Here is the log file:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any idea whats wrong?
You downloaded it for Windows? Maybe you can remove it and download it again, perhaps that would help? I don't have custom code written in the game, but I will check for you if I can replicate that error and fix it.

Thanks for letting me know, I hope it will be resolved when you download and unzip it again. Let me know if it worked, I will look into this for you!

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
No worries! Appreciate your effort

Edit: Tried the Mega-Link instead of nopy but still same error

Dec 17, 2019
It will be in the game, but it's planned for in the future.

I try to update weekly, so updates will be smaller than one big update every month, but it will be easier for me to collect feedback.

Thank you! I am happy Yda is so sexy that you had to try out the game!

Just wait and see, haha! I hope you will like the next update too!
Thanks for the answer, Yda is super hot. Would be cool to see some kind of story in the same style of GGGB, Lust Campus, or ORS come out of this.

A good FMC fantasy setting ren'py game (other than maybe Raven's Quest) hasn't happened yet, so you could make a splash if you wanted to. The only good fmc fantasy-related content I've come across has been Tavern Sluts.

Here's the link if you care to check it out, who knows, maybe Yda will find herself in similar situations.

• Love

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for the answer, Yda is super hot. Would be cool to see some kind of story in the same style of GGGB, Lust Campus, or ORS come out of this.

A good FMC fantasy setting ren'py game (other than maybe Raven's Quest) hasn't happened yet, so you could make a splash if you wanted to. The only good fmc fantasy-related content I've come across has been Tavern Sluts.

Here's the link if you care to check it out, who knows, maybe Yda will find herself in similar situations.
GGGB has exceptional writing in the fact that there are multiple endings and the character development will be different according to your choices. Lust Campus and ORS don't ring a bell, but they are probably worth checking out. Could you tell me the full name of ORS?

Also, I do know Raven Quest. It's a nice game but still too grindy for my taste. So if I make a game like that, I will make it fun. I don't want the player to click too much.

I like the medieval fantasy setting, so if I finish this experimental version of the game, I will make a new one with Yda. Probably one where she moves to the city and it will be more sandbox. But that's for the future, for now I want to experiment with my own vision and make sure everyone loves Yda.

By the way, thank you for linking the gallery for Lust Tavern. The art is amazing!

Siderophilia

Oct 5, 2019
Hi SnagiGames!

It's always cool to see a new face in game development. I understand that this is a project in early development, and as such it might be unfair to offer my criticisms in the form of a review. Instead I shall write a short post detailing my thoughts about what you have shown so far.

I get the impression that you are an excellent artist who likes to draw erotic images of girls in a fantasy setting, who is looking to showcase your work. However depending on how you approach the matter, a game may or may not be the best medium to do so. It would seem that as of now you're still trying to work out what type of game you're making, and while that is fine, in the long run indecisiveness may reflect poorly on the final product. If you're going for a linear narrative, it would be wise to ask yourself if you have an actual story in mind. Otherwise we're going to end up with a bunch of excellent drawings, but lackluster writing which only loosely strings them together, in which case the player might be better off just looking at a gallery.

Ren'Py seems like a good choice of engine for your project. As always it is good to be mindful of that you don't have to use all the tools in the toolbox. If you've done the basic tutorials that come with the engine you'll have noticed that they nudge you towards playing with simple choice points and dialogue branches. As of now the beginning of your game is filled with choices, but most of them only lead to minor variations in the writing. Being bombarded with meaningless choices adds little to the player experience, and it may be worth considering restricting choices to more impactful situations such as beginning/skipping a new scene. Either that or flesh out the impacts of the choices, e.g. let them have long term effects on the protagonist's character a la GGGB. But that of course requires some planning ahead. While it may seem like a good idea to let the player have a say in Yda's inner monologue, like the detail about how she feels about her stockings, in the end it might just make her character feel fuzzy and inconsistent. Whether you imagine her as a sweet and naive girl or a sex-obsessed slut don't be afraid to write her as such. Perhaps her personality even undergoes changes in that regard as the story proceeds?

Other than that I sort of like the writing here. Grammar and such aside you manage to strike a humorous tone a lot of the time. I look forward to seeing more of Yda in the future.

Reactions: hentai charley

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
I still can't start the game although i downloaded it a 2nd time from a different mirror. The version before 0.0.2 worked fine, other RenPy games too

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Hi SnagiGames!

It's always cool to see a new face in game development. I understand that this is a project in early development, and as such it might be unfair to offer my criticisms in the form of a review. Instead I shall write a short post detailing my thoughts about what you have shown so far.

I get the impression that you are an excellent artist who likes to draw erotic images of girls in a fantasy setting, who is looking to showcase your work. However depending on how you approach the matter, a game may or may not be the best medium to do so. It would seem that as of now you're still trying to work out what type of game you're making, and while that is fine, in the long run indecisiveness may reflect poorly on the final product. If you're going for a linear narrative, it would be wise to ask yourself if you have an actual story in mind. Otherwise we're going to end up with a bunch of excellent drawings, but lackluster writing which only loosely strings them together, in which case the player might be better off just looking at a gallery.

Ren'Py seems like a good choice of engine for your project. As always it is good to be mindful of that you don't have to use all the tools in the toolbox. If you've done the basic tutorials that come with the engine you'll have noticed that they nudge you towards playing with simple choice points and dialogue branches. As of now the beginning of your game is filled with choices, but most of them only lead to minor variations in the writing. Being bombarded with meaningless choices adds little to the player experience, and it may be worth considering restricting choices to more impactful situations such as beginning/skipping a new scene. Either that or flesh out the impacts of the choices, e.g. let them have long term effects on the protagonist's character a la GGGB. But that of course requires some planning ahead. While it may seem like a good idea to let the player have a say in Yda's inner monologue, like the detail about how she feels about her stockings, in the end it might just make her character feel fuzzy and inconsistent. Whether you imagine her as a sweet and naive girl or a sex-obsessed slut don't be afraid to write her as such. Perhaps her personality even undergoes changes in that regard as the story proceeds?

Other than that I sort of like the writing here. Grammar and such aside you manage to strike a humorous tone a lot of the time. I look forward to seeing more of Yda in the future.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate your compliments. It's true that the story is very bland, and it will probably stay that way. I implemented the choices to let the player choose how she interacts with other characters. Three options are probably too much, since I want to make two endings: her being slutty, or not. The writing needs a lot of work, but that's why I am working on the story. The first thing I am going to do is limit player choices to 2, instead of three.

Another thing I will do is make use of sprites. I wanted to tell the story scene after scene, but it's a lot of work to draw all the scenes, but using a sprite will enable me to write more dialogue and extend the gameplay time. I also agree I need to work on her character a little more, but that's one of the things I am improving.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback!

I still can't start the game although i downloaded it a 2nd time from a different mirror. The version before 0.0.2 worked fine, other RenPy games too
Here you go, I have made a new build of an experimental version for you and put it on WeTransfer. Hopefully, it will now work for you, and you even got everyone some new content.

That was fast :D
Of course, I want you to enjoy as much Yda as possible!

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
Here you go, I have made a new build of an experimental version for you and put it on WeTransfer. Hopefully, it will now work for you, and you even got everyone some new content.
Thx mate but still same error. No worries I think the problem is at my PC. Although other RenPy games work fine.
Last games I tried are LustCampus Chapter 3 Alpha and NewCoralCity v1.5 and those work.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.0.2 APK

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
like the preveiw artwork, downloading right now..
will check it out no matter how short it may be now; if it tells a story, i'll stay.
game put on watchlist.

MasterModor

Jun 9, 2017

Hey, ummmm. Is Tavern Sluts a game or is it just hentai series?
If it's a game, where can it be found and under what name?
Asking for a friend.

Last edited: