VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Master [v0.1.9] [STStudio]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
this one looks really good, but imo way too early to be playable. i'll wait until a newer version with more content being released. hope this one wont be abandoned

Reactions: luisar018

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Sorry but is this creator serious? He starts with 0.1.5 and goes to 0.1.9 and all he adds is 2 minutes of dialogue. The character models are the same (maybe a different outfit on the day after?), they could have saved on Ron, although I dont mind it, but could have been a placeholder for now. No new cg, really? Its been months, cmon. This started so well. The English isnt the best, but the stroy was intriquing, the scenarios the ghost talked about interesting, the little cg scenes we had solid. I was excited, but it seems to take forever. Even if this is a hobby, come on, its a Renpy Visual Novel style game. Its not that hard to make. The only thing taking time is art and writing.

If that is how this is gonna go see you in 10 years when the game will be 20% finished lol. I mean the art is good, but the least the dev could do is to create some story, even the art/cgs take time, so people have a bit to read and immerse themselves.

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
Sorry but is this creator serious? He starts with 0.1.5 and goes to 0.1.9 and all he adds is 2 minutes of dialogue. The character models are the same (maybe a different outfit on the day after?), they could have saved on Ron, although I dont mind it, but could have been a placeholder for now. No new cg, really?

If that is how this is gonna go see you in 10 years when the game will be 20% finished lol. I mean the art is good, but the least the dev could do is to create some story, even the art/cgs take time, so people have a bit to read and immerse themselves.
He or She only has 150$ per month on patreon, and need artist to work with. So I think it is not matter of seriousness, it is matter of lack of funding.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
He or She only has 150$ per month on patreon, and need artist to work with. So I think it is not matter of seriousness, it is matter of lack of funding.
In all honesty, I dont think so. I would stare at single-picture CGs if the story was good. But there is no story yet. Like most damn Patreon games make that mistake, they only advance the plot when they have cgs. It should be the other way around. Start with the plot, its free, its in your mind, you can just write the story and dialogues and add the art later. We already have great looking cahracter models for the 3 main characters. No need to go further immediately. Placeholders are not a crime.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I'd take him more seriously if he was more consistent with his naming. He spells the MC's name both Drako and Draco, and during the dream sequence there's one point where Hermione calls Ginny, Jeanine. It's simple things like that, that make me doubt a dev's ability to produce a quality product.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
I'd take him more seriously if he was more consistent with his naming. He spells the MC's name both Drako and Draco, and during the dream sequence there's one point where Hermione calls Ginny, Jeanine. It's simple things like that, that make me doubt a dev's ability to produce a quality product.
Eh, that could be as simple as having two different people/machine translators doing different parts of the translation. Sloppy, but if they plan to use a native English speaker to clean it up later on it's excusable.

While I like the idea, it's pretty ambitious. Actually it's really ambitious. While i'd love to see it work out, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Also not really a fan of the super bishi Draco, but I'd definitely be fine tolerating it if the game actually delivers.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It's been forever since the last update. I'm not convinced the dev team has the legs to make a go of this. I hope I'm wrong as I love the concept and the art but... So many new games never make it to a .3 version.

MadExx

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks, I'll fix it! No one points me to my mistakes(

Eh, that could be as simple as having two different people/machine translators doing different parts of the translation. Sloppy, but if they plan to use a native English speaker to clean it up later on it's excusable.

While I like the idea, it's pretty ambitious. Actually it's really ambitious. While i'd love to see it work out, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Also not really a fan of the super bishi Draco, but I'd definitely be fine tolerating it if the game actually delivers.
Yes you are right. Translation involved different people.

It's been forever since the last update. I'm not convinced the dev team has the legs to make a go of this. I hope I'm wrong as I love the concept and the art but... So many new games never make it to a .3 version.
Our artist moved to another apartment. Repair and relocation took her some time. Now she is with us again)

As for 0.2, it will most likely be ready only by the end of May. And this is not yet accurate (

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
She? Holy shit, someone say again that women cant think as dirty as men. :D

ALso, @MadExx glad to hear that.
You know, when I complain about games its only because I see potential in them.
Shit games dont interest me, but this one has a good concept, and the art was good so far.
Its just hard to find creators that actually hold up their promises on patreon. Many are just milking the cash cow.

Laxus Flash

Apr 26, 2018
The art looks great and the story promising...lets hope the game will have a decent update frequency and mass....and most importantly dosen't get abandoned halfway through...

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
MadExx do you plan to keep your Patreon promises of giving us news reports every 10 days?

Cause even if you are working on the game behind the scenes, it would really help you keep Patreons and get new ones if we saw the game was actively being worked on, instead of having nearly 2 months of silence on Patreon and only a post from you once every 2-3 weeks on here.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes