VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Master [v0.1.9] [STStudio]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I'm not sure why you said "even then". Chances are that if you see less than the whole story, things will seem lacking to you, not the other way around.
I'm not gonna agree, or disagree with your statement that (all?) characters were flat, generic characters. This is more than true for some, not so much for others. Draco being a decent enough example of the latter, he just never had much time to shine, partly due to reasons you mentioned.
But this is also why some people (myself included) feel hesitant about Draco being the MC in this. It just doesn't really fit his personality, depending on where it goes.

I said "even then" because I assume the movies probably cut out a bunch of stuff and only put emphasis on a few main characters, and showed their most important defining characteristics by highlighting key moments from the books. In the movies they were flat and they had literally no personality... I read the first book and half of the second book after watching the movies and I didn't see them get anymore depth than what was in the movies. Considering the fact that I read a book and a half and don't remember a single memorable or notable detail from them... I don't think there was anything in the other books that would have massively changed the perception I got of the characters from the movie. The fact that I read the first book and half way through the second one about 5 years ago and don't remember anything from them is quite telling to me due to the fact that I can remember most of the details and characters of almost every other book I read for the past 20 years. But anyways that is besides the point and moot at this point since my opinion on the matter has changed after playing the demo.

I wasn't aware the game was starting at the end of the series when I wrote my original post. I had not played the demo at the time, since I was just reading through the thread. I honestly thought that the game was going to start when they first arrive at Hogwarts... or a few months into their first school year. Which is why it made sense to me that Draco could / would be the main character... since you would have a chance to take him down an alternate route from what was established in the movies / books. After playing the demo I agree it seems weird to be playing Draco at this point and time since Hermione and Ron's relationship are already established, and Ginny and Harry are also... not to mention all the crap that Draco has already done, and how he was douchey to everyone. At this point in the timeline it makes it super hard for Draco to convince anyone to do anything willingly without straight up mind control. Even if he does what the ghost tells him to do... by driving a wedge in Hermione and Ginny's relationship with their boyfriends by giving them negative perceptions after dreams... the likelihood of them willingly overcoming their dislike for Draco even with magical assistance is unlikely.

rewyb

Sep 22, 2017
Fair enough for the first part. And I agree, character development-wise there's not much I can remember. Though you did get some more insight into why some characters act the way they do, Draco being an example.
The first 2 books aren't the longest (and being the first two written...) so I wouldn't take those 2 as an example of how the entire series continues. Not saying it does a 180, but it gets better. At least somewhat. Not sure if it'd be enough reason for me to tell you to read them. Probably not. Just know that the movies (at least up to the 5th, haven't bothered watching 6 and 7) don't really do them justice, imo.

It feels more like it's just losely based on the story so far, not necessarily meant as an actual continuation. Draco's personality felt far from what he seems to be there (not like we saw much of anyone else, I guess Tonks feeling *very* off as well on the first impression). He's... a lot more "wimpy" from what I remember. Doubt he'd have the balls to go through with what he did so far. Then again, it seems *some* time has passed at least, soo...

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
When the new version ?.
1dollarnewsletter.PNG

I was a $1 patreon, so I don't have access to new releases but did have access to view the patreon page. This was sent out on February 28. So I don't know if there is a secret $5 only patreon post somewhere I can't see with the new version of the game... but I doubt it since I didn't see a $5 post on patreon. So considering that its been nearly 2 weeks since this post... either something happened to the game creator, or hes trying to deal with the issues he is having with the background artist.

MadExx

Dec 24, 2018
Sorry. While I can definitely say nothing. After the weekend, it will be clear about the update date.

The person who painted the backgrounds left the project. A couple of months and three attempts to find a replacement, while unsuccessful. Waiting for the weekend, this is the deadline for two more artists. May finally be able to find a replacement.

Korvus

Jun 10, 2017
Well its on Patreon now, arrived on the 1st.

I haven't tried it yet (don't have the spare cash to be a patron, even for really good ones like Irphaeus & Witch Trainer), but just so you guys know it is out.

Reactions: 1zaza1

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Well its on Patreon now, arrived on the 1st.

I haven't tried it yet (don't have the spare cash to be a patron, even for really good ones like Irphaeus & Witch Trainer), but just so you guys know it is out.
Isn't the proper procedure on this site is to report the first post, so the moderators / staff can update the thread? I don't interact with this site much so I am not sure if that is correct or not. I thought I saw it on one of the moderators / staffs' signatures.

Korvus

Jun 10, 2017
I didn't know that. I just posted on here because nobody had chatted for days, and potentially missed it.

I'm not reporting it (or the reason why such a practive exists, whining for a copy). Just thought you guys may like to know its there

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
still no 0.2.0 oof
I would understand if it was like a graphic-intensive game
but its literally a visual novel with branching paths
I get cg takes long to make and/or costs money to commission, but cg + writing is about all there is to this game
and if you already have the base character models and background locations making alternate versions of them is less work too
so I wonder how long it will take to have an actual proper second patch.

Reactions: WOLVERINE55

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
It would be useful for the port on the android. Maybe not this version and the next one ....
Here's an Android port of 0.1.5 for you, since you asked me so nicely in a private message. I know the text is a little bit small, but I honestly didn't bother with it. I'll put more work in to it once someone leaks a more recent version of the game.

You can download the port here >

Enjoy

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes