VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Master [v0.1.9] [STStudio]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes
May 27, 2018
I mean... 0.1.5 and 0.15 are literally the same thing... either way it suggests 15% completion.
The game uses semantic versioning (semver). The numbers does not refer to completion rate.

Example: MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH

MAJOR - major version. changes are incompatible with previous major version
MINOR - minor version. adds new functionality or improves existing functionality but still backwards compatible
PATH - patch version. backwards compatible bug fixes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
The title screen is "You" with the girls, yet the new content looks like some old man.

Did we become "cucked" in less than a month of the game existing?

It's a dream you are sending to Hermione. It seems later on it's up to you, whether you want to manipulate the girls to fall for you, just make them distance themselves from certain persons or turn them into public cumdumpsters.

Considering that, it makes perfect sense not to use your own image at the start, as you can choose several ways in which they react to the game, so they could associate the MC/Malfoy with something negative if he appeared in the dream.

Apr 22, 2018
Game's got potencial, really nice artstyle, a smart choice when it comes to the period the story covers (after Voldy, but before Potter Dad), BUT, the lack of content is a bummer. I know it's in it's begginings and all, but I don't think it justifies, it would be way better if this came a bit later but with more stuff to do and see.
All in all, I'll keep an eye out.

pedrocn

Mar 17, 2018
so, i got here looking for another game, actually. if anyone can find it i'd be gratefull.
its also a harry potter parody on renpy, but i remember being completed. i didnt get very far, but i remember two girls being bound by a magical contract that they signed in the past. thats all i got :(

Mar 21, 2018
Right now this is above Innocent Witches, but below Wands and Witches...

The art style is amazing, however playing douchebag Malfoy is already setting off my trigger warnings, would have preferred an OC like W&W did, that way we can play the heroic and valiant wizard, rather than the rapist asshole out to make everyone a slut...
W&W??

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks playing Draco would be fun? I am by no means a HP fan since I only watched the movies and read the first book, but even then I thought HP characters were so flat and generic cookie cutter characters with no meaningful character development or depth to them.

It annoyed me that Harry's nemesis / rival Draco basically never actually did anything other than come out in every scene and acted snobby like a 5 year old then get instantly beat down every time. As for Harry everything he does / achieve just seems to fall into his lap because of deus ex machina and the fact that he has stupid a lightning bolt scar on his head, none of it seems due to any real skill or merit.

That is why I think playing Draco as a MC would be great because you can finally give a character who basically just gets treated as a cliche skilless douchey comical relief some actual character and give him the chance to succeed for once if he wasn't stuck in a world where Harry and his friends have ridiculous amount of plot armor.

Also Harry and pretty much everyone in Griffindor are pretty much hypocritical smug douches themselves, they break a bunch or rules and do a ton of bad things also, but get a free pass from everyone since they are simply part of the protagonist's tribe, imagine if the main character was Draco from the start instead of Harry, everyone would see how douchey Harry is and his only real noteable trait is that he has a scar from Voldemort. You would see Draco's struggles also and that he probably has a bigger moral dilemma and room to grow than Harry does due to the fact that he has to chose between the evil stuff he is taught by his father versus how to be good and normal from what he experiences and is taught in school.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Give it half a year and it will actually be worth playing. Depending on how fast releases come and how often the creator gives us status updates.

rewyb

Sep 22, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks playing Draco would be fun? I am by no means a HP fan since I only watched the movies and read the first book, but even then I thought HP characters were so flat and generic cookie cutter characters with no meaningful character development or depth to them.

It annoyed me that Harry's nemesis / rival Draco basically never actually did anything other than come out in every scene and acted snobby like a 5 year old then get instantly beat down every time. As for Harry everything he does / achieve just seems to fall into his lap because of deus ex machina and the fact that he has stupid a lightning bolt scar on his head, none of it seems due to any real skill or merit.

That is why I think playing Draco as a MC would be great because you can finally give a character who basically just gets treated as a cliche skilless douchey comical relief some actual character and give him the chance to succeed for once if he wasn't stuck in a world where Harry and his friends have ridiculous amount of plot armor.

Also Harry and pretty much everyone in Griffindor are pretty much hypocritical smug douches themselves, they break a bunch or rules and do a ton of bad things also, but get a free pass from everyone since they are simply part of the protagonist's tribe, imagine if the main character was Draco from the start instead of Harry, everyone would see how douchey Harry is and his only real noteable trait is that he has a scar from Voldemort. You would see Draco's struggles also and that he probably has a bigger moral dilemma and room to grow than Harry does due to the fact that he has to chose between the evil stuff he is taught by his father versus how to be good and normal from what he experiences and is taught in school.
I'm not sure why you said "even then". Chances are that if you see less than the whole story, things will seem lacking to you, not the other way around.
I'm not gonna agree, or disagree with your statement that (all?) characters were flat, generic characters. This is more than true for some, not so much for others. Draco being a decent enough example of the latter, he just never had much time to shine, partly due to reasons you mentioned.
But this is also why some people (myself included) feel hesitant about Draco being the MC in this. It just doesn't really fit his personality, depending on where it goes.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes