bizwiz

Nov 20, 2018
I can't seem to unlock potions. Is there a condition that needs to be fulfilled? Or are they broken this version?

Reactions: Gsweaib

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
After the patch v1.38.1 -> 1.38.2 , the game does not start.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/_script_/interface/hotkeys.rpy", line 5, in script
init python:
init python:
File "game/_script_/interface/hotkeys.rpy", line 6, in <module>
config.keymap['screenshot'].remove('s')
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\MEGA\WT_Silver_1.38.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\MEGA\WT_Silver_1.38.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 488, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
init python:
init python:
File "F:\MEGA\WT_Silver_1.38.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\MEGA\WT_Silver_1.38.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/_script_/interface/hotkeys.rpy", line 6, in <module>
config.keymap['screenshot'].remove('s')
File "F:\MEGA\WT_Silver_1.38.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 731, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
WT Silver 1.382
Wed Apr 01 23:38:08 2020
Same for me. Error with or without the patch. Could this be linked to the fact that I tried the workbranch version and so there's some file somewhere in %appdata% or elsewehre creating conflict or is it unrelated ?

Last edited:

TropeCode

Witch Trainer: Silver
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2019
Same for me. Error with or without the patch. Could this be linked to the fact that I tried the workbranch version and so there's some file somewhere in %appdata% or elsewehre creating conflict or is it unrelated ?
Yes, that is likely the issue. You should clear your game saves/setting in appdata and in the saves folder of the game.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Yes, that is likely the issue. You should clear your game saves/setting in appdata and in the saves folder of the game.
Thanks, 1.38.2 works after I deleted persistent save from %appdat% 1.38 workbranch, but if I apply the patch on top of it it goes back to the same error. Is the patch even necessary if downloaded the full 1.38.2 ?

stzeve

Nov 9, 2018
Is there another „dress-up Hermione“ „minigame“? the github link is down, I can‘t find any replacement

foom

Jul 3, 2017
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused. 1.37.4 was the first version I downloaded to play, so I'm new to this. Are you saying that each time a new update like this comes out the entire playthrough save of your game becomes useless and to experience the new stuff you have to start a new game?

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused. 1.37.4 was the first version I downloaded to play, so I'm new to this. Are you saying that each time a new update like this comes out the entire playthrough save of your game becomes useless and to experience the new stuff you have to start a new game?
Yes, unfortunately. Major releases aren't compatible with old saves, that's the case for most non-linear games made in Ren'py though. Mind you it doesn't happen often, the last official release was 3 months ago so there's plenty of time to play through the game and even if the update breaks your saves, cheats menu will allow you to quickly get back on track with little to no effort.

P.S. Just released 1.38.3 patch for both PC and android which aims to fix the most jarring of bugs and crashes.

Reactions: Magixian

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
So, are the last 2 scripts active in the game for Cho ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or is there just scripts and no art for now ? Because if so it's the same it was when I played workbranch 2-3 weeks ago and I don't need to go further. Just asking because when she won the first Quidditch Match, I have the "You've reach the end of quidditch content for Cho, Max slutiness unlocked...etc" message. After that I have the "inspect her body" favor unlocking. Didn't complete it yet, but I feel like this last 2 scripts aren't in the update yet. Let me know if I'm wrong and please publish a spoiler Changelog so I can I check what I missed since I played the experimental build.

foom

Jul 3, 2017
Yes, unfortunately. Major releases aren't compatible with old saves, that's the case for most non-linear games made in Ren'py though. Mind you it doesn't happen often, the last official release was 3 months ago so there's plenty of time to play through the game and even if the update breaks your saves, cheats menu will allow you to quickly get back on track with little to no effort.

P.S. Just released 1.38.3 patch for both PC and android which aims to fix the most jarring of bugs and crashes.
Thanks for the clearing that up!

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I can't seem to unlock potions. Is there a condition that needs to be fulfilled? Or are they broken this version?
Same here. It seems you can't buy potions from the shop, but can only get them from Snape. Also having obtained Lactantium from him, there didn't seem to be a mechanism to get Hermione to drink it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
After the patch v1.38.1 -> 1.38.2 , the game does not start.
same here.

You might have applied the patch wrong. Best bet is to remove the game and install using the full download.
well i copied patched game folder to 1.38.1-folder and replaced files and same thing with .3 patch. full .2 and .3 worked fine (besides latter had some bug which prevented save to load properly so genie was in office at start of day as he was in save too).

still no astoria available after day 150 besides her short visit with tonks.

Bombastik

Jul 3, 2017
Man I need some sort of vanilla ending or something like it. An ending where Hermione and Genie stay together.

Dec 10, 2018
Just tested 1.38.3. If Hermione level < 3 (before 2nd lvlup) - you can dress up any panties and bra. After 2nd lvl up (or at 10 lvl whoring) - conditions of pants and bras are turning on, but you can take off pants, bra, shirt and skirt. So swimsuit is too slutty, but you can walking without any clothes =)

That's not some kind of ungratefulness, i just want to help with testing.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes