VN Ren'Py With Eyes Closed [Season 1 Deluxe] [Ker]

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't even know the girls yet. Haven't started and you're already simping. :ROFLMAO:
Haha
Yeah, I started playing when it first released
I played the devs other game and it was good
So, I started this and I think it's going to be even better

Also, I pretty much started simping for Luna as soon as I saw her
I knew then and there she was the one I was going to romance in this
She is like an angel

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Haha
Yeah, I started playing when it first released
I played the devs other game and it was good
So, I started this and I think it's going to be even better

Also, I pretty much started simping for Luna as soon as I saw her
I knew then and there she was the one I was going to romance in this
She is like an angel
I just looked at the other game and it has the dreaded 3 letters. So, that's a pass for me. Hopefully this one doesn't. But the girl that got me to dl is this one:
1696393755992.png
But who knows who I'll end up liking.

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
Looking at the end of chapters recap, it doesn't seem this novel have real branching. The choices are merely "you want to see this scene or the other one?". Also, I hope the author will develop the lore of the place a little bit more to better characterize the novel.

Otherwise is a really good project, definitely worth to keep a close eye on this.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Little technical critique, skip seen dialogue doesn't work on an alternate path, even if the dialogue is exactly the same. So whatever tags are applied are too much or to little or whatever the proper grammatical identifier would be in this case. Specifically the first seeing apartment dialogue can't be skipped on the Eva/Luna first path, even though I'd already done the Kate/etc. line.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
One thing irking me so far is that the MC hasn't asked how people have things. Food, booze, etc. No one has mentioned farming, or being self-sufficient in any way, and things seem too nice in certain places, so I would guess they are actually receiving shipments from the outside world. If that is true, and it is also true that a car drove in, with the MC in the trunk, it's possible one of those ways might lead out.

Also, I'd hope the Rats have looked into tunnelling under the wall. Haven't finished chapter 2 yet, but if trying to go through turns you into a blue puddle, going under would be the next best bet. And over the next worst option. Getting some kind of credentials to go through would be top tier, but even a loose board or crack in the security would do.

Reactions: BurgRoyce

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Curious why I was blocked out of the 'show concern' option when warning Eva, first time around.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
dev pretty much said on their itch page that their not giving any of this info/unsure on their itch about this and future tags
Thanks for letting me (us) know. I guess I'll just keep watching to see if, and when the story dev will release more information about the future content of his/her story.

For me, this method of information releasing will definitely push some of their potential fans away from their project. As well, some have mentioned the previous past work from this dev, to have controversial three letter term content. I guess without the dev wanting to confirm it won't or will be present...it most likely will be added at some point of the story. At least that's how it usually plays out from other titles in the past, who took this type of stance.

Big Smurf

May 8, 2018
I wonder why dev's desided to use renpy v8 instead of older versions?
Sinse V8 came, animations (movies) are a nightmare.
Or is it they're using to much indepth on them?
Especialy those who started to rotare and zoom are like hell.
Anyway, it's a mood-killer.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I wonder why dev's desided to use renpy v8 instead of older versions?
Sinse V8 came, animations (movies) are a nightmare.
Or is it they're using to much indepth on them?
Especialy those who started to rotare and zoom are like hell.
Anyway, it's a mood-killer.
I have 0 issues with animation in 8. Had them in earlier releases though.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Don't know if it's the PC on my end or not, but the animations only run fine for me when there's only that. When there is also text on the screen and/or the camera is doing it auto-panning from one angle to another whilst the animation is ongoing, I get a lot of choppy stutter.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Hope we have the choice to mould the MC into an actual bad guy in this and not be locked into an alignment one way or the other when the "big reveal" of who he was pre-trunk comes.
Someone who has actually looked at the code can probably answer this for you pretty accurately. As, if actions like threatening vs being kind to the addict are tracked for more than the scenes immediately following, and answers you give like these:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
do not only just set variables for your relationship/possible future missions with the Broker but IF it is also tracked as +/- pts by a counter, then I would say chances are good.

As for being the bad guy, I'm with you on the this. If the choice is given to us, I'd much rather become the Don Corleone of Boiler Town than discount Snake Plisskin leading a motley band of the good at heart, the wrongly convicted innocents :rolleyes:, the political prisoners etc. on some revolution/break out.

In fact, I'd be sorely, sorely disappointed if it turns out as corny as the MC being some Cop/Special Agent responsible for catching and sending "note sender" to Boiler town.

Having said that, the reveals thus far have been vague enough that many possibilities are still open, e.g: As Ker_ is a gangster movie affianado:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and we can choose to take 'em all down - the Hangman, The Minister included. Love live the new Kumicho (Yakuza term for the Supreme Kingpin) of Boiler Town, I say :LOL:.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tumai

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
Ya I though the same, and I had to replay this title again...as I avoided ALL the red choices. It would have been better if the dev used GREEN text instead. Or at least mention that the red text choices, are the positive responses...for the in-game walk through.
using red to denote the better choice is just plain dumb use green you jackarse

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
So, I don't understand this story.
There is a closed, sealed city. No one can go out and no one can go in.
Questions : Where do these people get their food ? Their drink ? Their beer and wine? Where does the woman in her clinic get her medicine? Where do the girls get condoms? Birth control pills ? so that - as you can see - there are no little children in the city ? Who builds the houses in this city ? The streets ? The sewage system ? And who buries all the murdered bodies ?

Something about this story is weird, strange ...

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes