2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Game really needs map, and/or quests need better pointers, I've been looking for Great Hall for half an hour, I'm giving up.
It might be just me, but game is too bright/muddy during day, it really hurts eyes...
If you're only that far, I really recommend waiting for the new update in a few hours. I'm aware the directions are seriously poor and I'll find a way to remedy that in the future (and until then, have some sped-up runthrough video up on youtube soon). Thanks for playing!

FunForFree

May 23, 2020
the art is amazing but the gameplay itself can use some work.
it always looks likeyou are looking down and it feels unclear when you are looking at something interactible.
hope there is a gallery/unlocker in the future

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
the art is amazing but the gameplay itself can use some work.
it always looks likeyou are looking down and it feels unclear when you are looking at something interactible.
hope there is a gallery/unlocker in the future
New camera and movement in a few hours! Just testing how it interacts with everything else

Where is this bridge upstairs to get to charms?
I recommend waiting to play the game until new version is out, but it's on the third floor of the building you start in. Generally follow the crowds of people for directions

Reactions: that1guyno1knows

Von Rose

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, the biggest thing I have right now with this game is the movement controls they feel very awkward and just under-developed in general. Its so disorienting when I just try to move backwards and my character just moves forward.
I don't really have much of a problem cuz its a v0.1 so its like fair enough.

Ill have to come in a few hours to see what u do with the camera movement.

Jul 1, 2019
New camera and movement in a few hours! Just testing how it interacts with everything else

I recommend waiting to play the game until new version is out, but it's on the third floor of the building you start in. Generally follow the crowds of people for directions
Why not renpy? This type is extremely diffucult to play

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Yeah, the biggest thing I have right now with this game is the movement controls they feel very awkward and just under-developed in general. Its so disorienting when I just try to move backwards and my character just moves forward.
I don't really have much of a problem cuz its a v0.1 so its like fair enough.

Ill have to come in a few hours to see what u do with the camera movement.
Just an early preview here.
Still working out all its interactions with the current systems but hopefully shouldn't be more than some hours still, maybe less than that

Why not renpy? This type is extremely diffucult to play
I like programming even recreationally and Unity is far less constrained and far more fun than renpy in terms of that. I also personally prefer to play "open" games in my free time, so that's what I want to make!

Reactions: that1guyno1knows
May 8, 2017
Just an early preview here.
Still working out all its interactions with the current systems but hopefully shouldn't be more than some hours still, maybe less than that

I like programming even recreationally and Unity is far less constrained and far more fun than renpy in terms of that. I also personally prefer to play "open" games in my free time, so that's what I want to make!
Oh lmao, that was the reason the camera was locked in such a weird angle? No roofs. I'm glad you're fixing it because it was disorientating and hurt my head looking at it previously.

Reactions: bluewitchgames

Nayo____

Aug 9, 2022
Not sure about that, but I recommend waiting to play it at any rate until the next update with fixed player movements+cam, bug fixes, and more quests are out. Should be a couple of days at most

Lol I'm howling. For anyone that found the ball game frustrating, dw it's getting gimped (fixed) or made skippable without a stat loss in the next build too
unironcally though, why did you give the ball ice physics lol?
its such a random minigame and very out of place,

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
unironcally though, why did you give the ball ice physics lol?
its such a random minigame and very out of place,
I like ball games. They also take like a couple of hours at most to make and I wanted something different to represent thinking than the go-to puzzle game

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
generally never felt more fufillment in my life than when I reached the top
after that shitty fourth stair kept cock blocking me.
Lmao well ragegames are a popular genre but I don't think it's something I want to inflict on the players moving ahead. Fixing the stairs and lowering the reduction for skipping. Well done actually finishing it tho!

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Love it !!
Appreciated man!

And new build with the improved movements is up on itch now. It's not perfect but it's an improvement. Most outside regions and the main staircase shouldn't be looked up at tho
I'll have a look at how to upload it here too after I've slept

Last edited:

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
The in-game graphics are too coarse, far too washed out and absolutely rubbish in terms of colour.
The visibility and overview are terrible due to the poorly positioned camera.
Entering a room is not the same as leaving a room. In the latter case, you have to be several metres away from the door to be able to activate it.
The graphics in the voice sequences look nice, but I could never assign the avatars depicted there to a character, as there are hardly any recognisable features on the characters.
I finished after 3 minutes.

secretlarrs

May 11, 2020
Lmao well ragegames are a popular genre but I don't think it's something I want to inflict on the players moving ahead. Fixing the stairs and lowering the reduction for skipping. Well done actually finishing it tho!
This game is definitly something different, and I really enjoyed it. Finally learned the layout of the school, but a map and a compass and more descriptive doors would be appreciated. Minigames were insanely difficult, skipped all three of them before I reached a rage state. I think I triggered duelling class too early? I stumbled upon it on day 1. It was the first thing I did and now, after herbology, it's says I already finished Duelling I, but still tells me to go to to the classroom in the East Building? 1679319375329.png
Really looking forward to returning to this in a year or so, when it's richer in content and polish. Good luck.

Stickster42

Apr 27, 2022
It could do with more control over graphics options the chromatic aberration was giving me a migraine, mouse look would be nice too.

Also found if you save the game quit alt+f4 then start the game and load it the esc menu doesn't seem to work anymore.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 31 Votes