Wolf RPG Partial [WolfRPG][Partial] Milky Quest 2 [Version 11/22/21] [BlueLab]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Store:
Censored: Yes
Version: Ver. 11/22/21
Language: Japanese, translated to English

Starting a thread for the translation of Milky Quest 2! So far, the UI is translated thanks to the work of kid123 and I'm starting to now improve the translations on the battle dialogue and map dialogue.
Fair disclaimer, this is my first go at translating a game within WRPG so updates might be infrequent. However, I WILL do my best to get this translation out, you have my word on that.
Also, if anyone would like to help, feel free to contact me! I'd love to work with others on this, and if we work together it'll definitely come out faster.

Patch Download: . The UI is translated, and (theoretically) all battle and map dialogue has been MTLed. Loss scenes are still being worked on, because there's something fucky in the script with them.

Known Bugs: For some reason, the default "Attack of the hero!" dialogue when you use Fuck refuses to stay translated to english. Don't know why.

Instructions: You will need - Milky Quest 2, DXADecode, and a backup folder.
  1. Use DXADecode on your data.wolf file within your Milky Quest 2 folder
  2. Copy the data folder to somewhere else as a backup, just in case
  3. Extract the patch into the data folder within your Milky Quest 2 folder, replacing all the files it asks you to
  4. Move your data.wolf file out of the Milky Quest 2 folder so that the game reads from the data folder instead.
  5. Your game should now be patched!
  6. This step isn't needed for the patch, but it's a bonus. If you have a folder named " 処理前 " within your data > enemy folder, congratulations, you have the version that's partially uncensored. Back up the files in your enemy folder, then take the files from " 処理前 " and paste them in, overwriting any files it asks. Capture animations should now be uncensored.

Apologies for no game download link, but I don't know if it's actually alright to have up or not due to the no loli or shota stuff rule. If I figure out whether the game is fine or not though, I'll upload a link with it.

Preview Images: 1637949921749.png 1637949941002.png 1637949980862.png 1637950042071.png

Last edited:

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Alright, update:
I believe I've now fully MTLed all the battle dialogue and maps in the game. Not sure where the loss scenes are though, so I still have to look for those...
I'm going to do a bit of testing just to make sure I didn't break the game or something like that, then release the MTL while working on improving it to the best of my abilities in the background.
When I make sure it isn't broken, I'll edit this message with a link to it along with the OP.
Edit: Alright, slight change of plans. I've found out where the loss scenes are via searching through the files looking for one very specific line of text... As you can see I DEFINITELY know the most efficient way to find things. Anyways, I'm gonna be putting those through the MTL too just so that the first translation release is as complete as it can be (y'know, without me going through and improving it) so that people can play it and understand it ASAP.
Super excited for this, thanks for working on a translation!
No problem, man. I liked Milky Quest 1 when I found out about it, so I'm gonna do my best to get a (passable) translation out for Milky Quest 2 as soon as I can.

Last edited:

kid123

Jul 22, 2017
My UI translation has green screen error that reference untranslated ID of item (Super Pill and Hyper Pill) and skill (Stoic Mood upgrade) at mapdata Map040,Map021_3 and Map071 respectively. If you have Wolf RPG editor and know how to fix it go ahead. Otherwise can send me the file to fix it myself. If you use translator++ , to send file :
1) Go to Project Properties > staging path tab. Take note the folder address.
2) Go to that address from translator++ main folder > www > php > cache > (insert random string) > Data >MapData
3) Send me the Map040.mps,Map021_3.mps and Map071.mps
4) After I fix it, I send the files back and you replace the original files at that address.
5) Export the translation patch of that maps.

Dron888888

Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for your initiative. Hopefully they will allow the game here. Do let us know when and what the mods say.:)

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Okay, looks like ANOTHER change of plans. Don't know how, but when I translated the loss scenes, something fucked up with the game scripts. So, it looks like I'm back to the first option where it's just the MTL of the maps and battle dialogue. I've done some testing, but since I'm only one man I'm sure I haven't covered everything. Once I get the link to the updated translation down, please let me know about any bugs you encounter!
Edit: Translation update 1 has been released! Maps and battle dialogue should all be MTLed to english now, and I'm going to work on improving the translations. Download it from , or from the OP. Follow the instructions in the OP to enable the patch.
My UI translation has green screen error that reference untranslated ID of item (Super Pill and Hyper Pill) and skill (Stoic Mood upgrade) at mapdata Map040,Map021_3 and Map071 respectively. If you have Wolf RPG editor and know how to fix it go ahead. Otherwise can send me the file to fix it myself. If you use translator++ , to send file :
1) Go to Project Properties > staging path tab. Take note the folder address.
2) Go to that address from translator++ main folder > www > php > cache > (insert random string) > Data >MapData
3) Send me the Map040.mps,Map021_3.mps and Map071.mps
4) After I fix it, I send the files back and you replace the original files at that address.
5) Export the translation patch of that maps.
Alright, I'll do that asap. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Goldines

Apr 17, 2020
when I got to the flower boss area if i catch a fairy come back to the house with the pill and Then try to fight the boss the fight wont trigger, if i put the original data (the japonese one) back the fight triggers so it's not that big of a deal but just wanting to let you know.

Btw1:I didn't use the fungus abillity on the tree before the graveyard area and just went to the next day (fought water-spirit) and on the next day I lost the fungus abillity (that doesn't happen on the original data) and got soft lock. The worst thing is that even if you put the original data the bug wont go away so
I had to start over.

Last edited:

Wahluigimem

Jul 11, 2021
Does that mean you have another place to post the link if you cannot here? And if this is the case (hope maybe it's not), will you say where?

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Hello, kindly use your eye balls, please :)

Sorry, I'm tired. The one you linked is for the first game in the series. This is thread is for the sequel. It just released recently.
I'd like to hit you with the same "Use your eye balls" as you clearly did not read the post at all, and judged merely by the title of the url.
It is MilkyQuestII. I would not be posting here if I hadn't been already playing it for a while.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote