Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Can you send me the save files or tell me how to replicate the bug? Was the slave made in a previous version?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Try making a new protagonist and a new slave and see if it works.
I may have changed a few things from R2 to R3 so old saves will not work.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Oh, that happens to me too, sorry for the bug. I will give a look today and fix it, thanks for reporting!

Did you solve the previous freeze by making new characters?

-edit-
The good news is that the new animations do work, I must have screwed up something with the old man's dialogue somewhere.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
So two animations are broken and both for the custom made girl... Got it.
Do let me know if you find any other bug, thanks for reporting!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
All right, I have made a patch to fix the game breaking one (breast animation freezing the game):

It was a pretty obscure bug and I would have never found it on the newer versions, it even worked fine with the slave hentai scene, so thanks @MilesKiyaAnny for reporting this bug!

-edit-
To apply the patch, unzip in the same location as the exe and overwrite the contents.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
@muttdoggy

Hello, I have released Workers of Kartedhir R4 now, the patch I had posted for R3 is no longer needed but you still can grab the screenshots I posted on page 2 if you want to update this thread.

Here is a video this time:

A new screenshot:
Screenshot0.png

The changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And of course the download link:

Reactions: Max Craving

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Once again I find myself interested by the concept, but turned away by the graphics.
Hm? What do you mean? If there is something in particular I can improve, do let me know.
I am not an artist so I can't do miracles but I am otherwise willing to fix whatever problem I can if you point it out!

If it helps, all hentai scenes are animated.

Reactions: Kyo99

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
Hm? What do you mean? If there is something in particular I can improve, do let me know.
I am not an artist so I can't do miracles but I am otherwise willing to fix whatever problem I can if you point it out!

If it helps, all hentai scenes are animated.
I'm not sure how to put it right... You know how isometric 2D games just before 3D emerged were a lot more beautiful than early 3D? Like, compare Baldur's Gate II maps with original NWN cubic shit, before all the newer assets got made and patched or modded in. It's kind of like that - the game tries to go for more detail than it can possibly support, and the result is starkly unnatural and jarring because of it.

It won't feel quite the same for everyone, of course, but for my eyes, it needs either higher quality assets and more thorough map design or, vice-versa, higher level of abstraction outside of events, to allow the viewer's mind to fill in the blanks where possible.

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
For me, It feel like it could be improve

WinterFire, if you can draw your style that uhh I don't know how to explain but look good like Lust Doll game or Slave Lord that will be super and animation need more frame too but that can be improve later

I don't mind about the current world map and town look

animation like this

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hmm... I do not think my art is that much different, except mine has a smoother shade and rarely if ever I use too contrasting colors, I do not know if that is a good or bad thing though.

No matter how hard I will try, I will never be as good as an actual artist but I try to get better every day, only recently I have started using outlining although I do not really like it myself.

As for the animations, I keep all files so adding more frames is not out of the question although that requires *a lot* of time, I need to sketch, outline, color and then shade each frame.
I like doing it but if I focus too much on that, I will not be able to dedicate that extra time to other things (like maps, dialogue, features, etc.)

In my opinion, the best sensible way to handle this is to make animations that look good enough while focusing on the rest of the game as well so to have progressive updates: Some continue the plot, some improve the current graphics, some extend the locations, some are a small mix of all of them (R6 is mostly dedicated to upgrading existing maps and adding new ones, for instance).

If a day my patreon grows big enough for me to afford an artist or simply more time, I could polish things up more but realistically speaking I know it will not happen with this game or probably the next. :p
The good news is that adding more frames would simply make the animations smoother, while that is good, it will not get more popular with that alone.

Reactions: shivathewizard

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
@Nimbuscloud

Hello, I have read your review, what do you mean the BJ was not animated?

Was it a way to say that it was badly animated or the scene did not move at all? If this is the case, can you tell me if that happened with a custom made slave or the NPC one? (The one with pink hair)... Because it is supposed to be animated and if it is not, this is a bug.

The rest is quite weird: There's only one type of iris and it shouldn't be selectable, how likely is it that you gave a the same color to the iris and sclera making them blend in?

I will try making two slaves with both hair styles and see if one of them fails to load in... I am quite sure I have tested them both but maybe I broke them later on, so it is worth a try, thanks for reporting this!

The walking speed is global: You set it once and the settings are written in settings.ini, it should be written and read right away for all the characters but I am also going to test it just in case.

-edit-
Nevermind, I have found all the bugs you have mentioned, the blowjob scene does not load at all and I thought you meant the overworld sprite being bald with white eyes... Did not expect that thing to appear during the slave management menu.
Thanks for reporting those bugs, I will fix them all in the next release!

Reactions: Nimbuscloud

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Actually, nevermind.

I made a patch for this version as well:

Changelog:
-Fixed: Movement speed does not reset back to default anymore.
-Fixed: Reading wrong hair and nose type in Slave Management scene.
-Fixed: Blowjob scene not loading up.

To install the patch, overwrite the folder with the one in the zip archive, the folder is in the same folder as the executable.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes