VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Could I suggest no QTE during sexy times....Folks have done that, it's very jarring and makes me just want to ignore sexy time(Mind you most time I do), but I have a kink for monster girls/guys :D
Oh nooooo I meant during fight scenes/dungeon exploration style scenes. Action scenes, basically, not lewds.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Question 3: Who should be the face of WCA Season 2?

Decision: Pending

Analysis: The numbers are pretty clear here. A lot of people liked the Wither and Saffryn mockup I did. But the interesting thing here is that Wither by herself got INSANELY high numbers, while Saffryn by herself did not. But you know who did get high numbers by herself, nearly doubling the next most popular character? Nook. So I may end up swapping Saffryn out for Nook and have the new icon feature Nook and Wither. Undecided as of yet.
A thought on this - if you / your team and/or artist have time, you could always do a mockup with Nook and Wither, and then put that up against the original Saffeyn and Wither mockup and have ppl vote... to see which people prefer.

As you said, ppl really like the original mockup, but taken individually people seem to prefer Nook over Saffryn. So they might prefer a Nook and Wither mockup, or might not.

However doing all this is obviously something that takes time (to do the mockup, then wait for the votes). Just a thought I had.

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
VictorSeven
Code:
    vs "The next build will give you the rest of Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday, with a new optional selection system. To do this, we had to convert all of our _met variables from boolean to integer."

vs "In English, this will probably wreck your save files, and you'll most likely have to start the game over in order for all the variables to be set correctly."

vs "The reason we did this was because the variables control the state of gallery unlocks AND the progression through the optionals system. Rather than two states (boolean), we needed four states. Hopefully this doesn't piss too many people off. We have some wonderfully written optional scenes just waiting for testing, and we can't wait to hear what you think about them."
Yeah, no. Absolutely not. There's also no need. Just convert the existing persistent._mets. Based off of the Android v0.1.5.81 build this is a one-to-one anyway? At least for someone who played to the current end of content. Old gallery code still works with the new values by the way as 0 is a False value. convert_mets_v0.1.5.8

You are still setting persistent.harpy_met to a bool in the Android v0.1.5.81 build; game/quests/questambriel.rpy: 213
Code:
$ persistent.harpy_met = True
Any particular reason who aren't using default with the persistents as recommended ?

Also, do not try to open browser links without asking first. It didn't work in my case anyway, but it's still fucking annoying. The disable_OpenURL mod neuters it for the whole project for anyone bothered by that.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Yeah, no. Absolutely not. There's also no need. Just convert the existing persistent._mets. Based off of the Android v0.1.5.81 build this is a one-to-one anyway? At least for someone who played to the current end of content. Old gallery code still works with the new values by the way as 0 is a False value. convert_mets_v0.1.5.8
Well, the integer variables I'm going to be using will have four states, mainly to interface with the new Character Book feature and how the buttons will be displayed/whether or not they're insensitive.
Visual depiction:
Progression.png

You are still setting persistent.harpy_met to a bool in the Android v0.1.5.81 build;
Good catch. I'll look for that and fix it.

Any particular reason who aren't using default with the persistents as recommended ?
Mostly because I'm a writer and not a coder, and I've kind of had to teach myself Ren'py over the past couple of years since my coder left near the beginning of the project. Also because the general response whenever asking a question in the Ren'py community is LoOk At ThE dOcUmEnTaTiOn (which doesn't help me, as I learn best from seeing working examples). So I was unaware that default and persistent were things that could be used together.

Also, do not try to open browser links without asking first. It didn't work in my case anyway, but it's still fucking annoying.
In the year and a half this game has been out, you're the first complaint I've had on this. Quite literally thousands of other people have been happy to fill out the feedback surveys and be part of the game's future. The Popularity Weekly feature alone would not have yielded the sheer amount of data it has if I hadn't done this. And it's not like I just sprung it on you. In the code, I warn you that I'm about to open a few pages if you click through to the end. It only happens once, at the end of the current build, and the amount of support and data I have gained from doing that is worth discomfort slight enough that only one person has mentioned it in a year and a half.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to need feedback forms in Season 2, as I'll be doing away with the Popularity Weekly feature and I have some massive numbers regarding who are the most popular characters. So you most likely won't see this in Season 2.

Anyways, thanks for your input. My writing experience far surpasses my coding experience, so I expect more experienced coders to find issues with what they see lol

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Well, the integer variables I'm going to be using will have four states, mainly to interface with the new Character Book feature and how the buttons will be displayed/whether or not they're insensitive.
Visual depiction:
View attachment 2232289

Good catch. I'll look for that and fix it.

Mostly because I'm a writer and not a coder, and I've kind of had to teach myself Ren'py over the past couple of years since my coder left near the beginning of the project. Also because the general response whenever asking a question in the Ren'py community is LoOk At ThE dOcUmEnTaTiOn (which doesn't help me, as I learn best from seeing working examples). So I was unaware that default and persistent were things that could be used together.

In the year and a half this game has been out, you're the first complaint I've had on this. Quite literally thousands of other people have been happy to fill out the feedback surveys and be part of the game's future. The Popularity Weekly feature alone would not have yielded the sheer amount of data it has if I hadn't done this. And it's not like I just sprung it on you. In the code, I warn you that I'm about to open a few pages if you click through to the end. It only happens once, at the end of the current build, and the amount of support and data I have gained from doing that is worth discomfort slight enough that only one person has mentioned it in a year and a half.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to need feedback forms in Season 2, as I'll be doing away with the Popularity Weekly feature and I have some massive numbers regarding who are the most popular characters. So you most likely won't see this in Season 2.

Anyways, thanks for your input. My writing experience far surpasses my coding experience, so I expect more experienced coders to find issues with what they see lol
Wait...do no more popularity shows at tthe end of the updates? q.q

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Wait...do no more popularity shows at tthe end of the updates? q.q
Well, how much does the community enjoy them? For the shows, I'll have to use feedback forms, and that means opening links at the end of each build.

Also, the new framework will allow different girls' storylines to be updated separately from the main branch, and I haven't decided whether or not I'll be pushing those through individually or saving them for a bulk update and just including a changelog that tells you which girls' chapters have been updated.

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Visual depiction:
Ah, you haven't added the other states to the code yet. The convert function would need to be updated to take account of those changes. :unsure: Character Book almost sounds like something you would want per save and not globally. Obviously I don't know exactly what you are doing with it.

Also, often pairs well with gallery code. It's global to all playthroughs and is automatically tracked & stored by Ren'Py in the user's persistent. E.G.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The label itself still needs renpy.end_replay().

It only happens once, at the end of the current build, and the amount of support and data I have gained from doing that is worth discomfort slight enough that only one person has mentioned it in a year and a half.
It was annoyance and why would you lose anything?

Cotytto

Jun 15, 2020
Oh so you're going sandbox? I'll be adding this to the trash pile of ignore then. Please be sure to add sandbox in planned tags as people get quite upset to suddenly run into that garbage without notice, myself among them. Real pity as it was a decent and fairly unique story.

Best of luck with the new sandbox audience you seek, you're gonna need it.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Oh so you're going sandbox? I'll be adding this to the trash pile of ignore then. Please be sure to add sandbox in planned tags as people get quite upset to suddenly run into that garbage without notice, myself among them. Real pity as it was a decent and fairly unique story.

Did you read how he plans to do so? It's as simple as getting a menu where you can choose whether to follow optional girls' storylines before continuing with the main story.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

Bruh what the actual shit. I SPELLED IT OUT TO YOU that it is not Sandbox. It's Free Time periods that come in certain points in the story. How are you this dense? This is the screen:
1671586784734.png

Right button: Continues the main story.
Left button: Pick a girl and view her next scene.

That's it. It's that simple.

The map is just for flavor. No stats. No navigation. No grind. It's literally just "pick which order you want to view these scenes in." Some of you get so hooked on the definition of a word that you lose all sense of brain once you read it. Jesus Christ. Give my way of shaking things up a chance, for crying out loud. Come at me with "pile of trash" and "garbage" when you don't even know how it's actually shaking out... for fuck's sake. And no, I will not be adding Sandbox to the tags, because IT'S NOT SANDBOX.

Good lord, this shit gets on my nerves... I try SO HARD to explain things as basic and grade school and I can, and even so...

Ehem. Anyways. Onto better topics.

VictorSeven, love you, love the game. And I've been patient. But goddamn it...

View attachment 2247373
I gotchu fam, don't worry. I need to address a little bit of a storage space issue, which is what I'm currently working on. But I gotchu.

Ah, you haven't added the other states to the code yet. The convert function would need to be updated to take account of those changes. :unsure: Character Book almost sounds like something you would want per save and not globally. Obviously I don't know exactly what you are doing with it.

Also, often pairs well with gallery code. It's global to all playthroughs and is automatically tracked & stored by Ren'Py in the user's persistent. E.G.
The label itself still needs renpy.end_replay().

It was annoyance and why would you lose anything?
My dude, you seem to have a WEALTH of coding knowledge that I lack. Really appreciate your insight, and I could honestly use someone who could help me shore up the coding and polish this thing up/write features. If ever you're interested in something like that, hit me up on Discord and we'll talk commissions if you're open to it.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Did you read how he plans to do so? It's as simple as getting a menu where you can choose whether to follow optional girls' storylines before continuing with the main story.
Sounds like they don't understand the difference between a gameplay format and features that are common but not inherent to said format.

Reactions: Shadowen

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PROGRESS REPORT] Season 2 Framework Complete

Hey all!

Little bit of a gap in communication over the holidays, and I apologize for that. Rather than things getting smoother, they got more complicated. But I do have a progress report for you.

As the title says, the framework for Season 2 is complete. I have a semi-fresh Ren'Py project ready to go that still contains all of the H-scenes from Season 1 so that the Gallery will still be full and you won't have to go back to the other game to view them. That being said, they still take up nearly 1 GB of space, so I might have to figure out how to compress them better.

This new framework supports the adding of character side stories as separate packages, which basically means I can ALSO make available a download of all of the Season 1 scenes so you can combine them and play Season 1 and Season 2 in the same game. Like... WCA... Legendary Edition lol.

Get it? 'cause Mass Effect... ah, never mind.

This also means that the game will finally have something for supporters that sets it apart from the public version. DLC characters. Now, I know there might be a bit of an outcry for taking inspiration from a game like Crush Crush, but the Patreon and SubscribeStar are growing quite slowly, and monetizing some of the character stories will help out a ton. Plus, we'll have the option to give away some of the DLC characters/packages as freebies as well for certain events. Patreon and SubscribeStar supporters will, of course, get most if not all of the DLC characters for free as thanks for their long contributions with little to no content between game updates.

Speaking of side stories, I seem to have reached the point where I'm overwhelmed with the amount of writing I need to do. Most of you know I'm a Dungeons and Dragons DM as well, and that I run my games on my Twitch channel. Well, a few of my players are also fellow DMs whose games I have played in, and I know their writing to be quite solid and very similar to mine. So I am experimenting with bringing them on board to get more content written faster, which means getting YOU more updates faster.

So here's how it's gonna work. I'm gonna get a few chapters of the main story done just so there's a good amount of main content to go through. It'll play exactly like WCA Season 1: very linear, with mostly flavor choices.

At certain points along the way, I will give you a break from the story and send you to a Free Time screen, where you can either dive right back into the main story or choose to spend some time with one of the girls and go down her personal story route for a while. These story routes will play just like WCA Season 1, but may have critical choices in them.

This also means each girl is going to have her own quest file in the back end of the game. I also have a visible affection system so you can check what affection level you're at with each girl from the Free Time screen. I'm toying with the idea of some scenes requiring you to be at a certain level with a certain girl, especially for girls whose stories are deeply intertwined.

On that front, we've also sorted all of the girls into categories: Core, DLC, Secret, and Main Story.

Main Story is just that: you will experience most of that girl's personal story within the main story of the game. Options to become intimate with these girls may appear in a separate side story branch, but there shouldn't be any more Main Story sexual encounters (unless the story REALLY calls for it). That way I'm not forcing you to get funky with a girl you don't like.

Core girls will be girls that everyone has access to for free. These are the girls whose levels might be required to progress each others' stories, DLC characters' stories, or even the Main Story. Core girls are characters that might accompany you during other scenes in the Main Story or other girls' stories.

DLC girls will be extra side stories for you to play through. DLC characters' affection levels will NEVER be required anywhere because that locks progression behind a paywall and I say hell no to that. But that also means they can't appear in anyone else's stories, unless they are sold as part of a pack.

Secret girls are just that: unlockable via some secret condition. Currently, there is only one of these. But if people like this idea, I may add 1 or 2 more.

ALL of these story branches will play out just like WCA Season 1, periodically returning to the Free Time screen so you have a chance to continue, switch girls, or get back to the Main Story.

Speaking of the girls, there are several of the upcoming girls that are getting a visual redesign. Chief among them is Lirum, the younger Spirit Elf you all saw in the stasis tanks. Lirum has a VERY cute face, and hiding it behind the swept bangs was a mistake. So I'll be changing her hairstyle.

Other characters getting a visual overhaul are Senia, a new Goblin, and Yuka, a new Ghost. Yuka might even get renamed. You know her as the Beetlejuice girl on the banner of the game. Sadly, this was the work of someone I recently had to permaban for excessive toxicity, so I'd like to scrub any and all influence he had from the game. Apologies to those who liked her design. But for the past three months, since being banned and blocked on every front imaginable, he's taken to using his Twitch channel to do nothing but shit talk me and my friends, and has published exactly 25 live streams full of defamatory content. So yeah, don't really want any of his stench on my pet project lol. Speaking to a lawyer about it in a couple of weeks.

That's about it for now. I have a lot of work to do, and it may be a little while before WCA Season 2 releases. But when it does, it's going to drop with quite a chunk of content, both in Main Story and in Core Stories. As I shoot the intro scenes for the Main Story, I'll have new screens to show y'all in the next update. For now, here's a Goblin. We call her Cerros. She's kind of a concept character and we don't even know if she should be put in the game. What do you think?

1672500610882.png

- Vic

nomjik11

Aug 6, 2020
Any chance you can post a HQ/lossless version of Goat Meat Mafia?
Audio copies were previously posted here, but the link has since expired. And to be honest, I only really want Goat Meat Mafia to add to my playlist, that songs slaps for some reason.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Any chance you can post a HQ/lossless version of Goat Meat Mafia?
Audio copies were previously posted here, but the link has since expired. And to be honest, I only really want Goat Meat Mafia to add to my playlist, that songs slaps for some reason.
What if I said I could do you one better and give you his Soundcloud link?

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
2000 Followers! Free Pinup Pack (Little Monsters)

Two thousand of you. Holy shit.

It's been a wild ride. Lot of obstacles, not of reasons I could have shut this project down. This game is a VERY lucky survivor of a lot of tragic events. But it pulled through, and so have you. I want to thank all of you for your support over these past couple of years, both financial and emotional. It hasn't been easy. I've lost a lot of people, and have piled my plate so high with things to keep me busy that my creative spark has all but been snuffed out.

And then I see one of the goblin girls and how apeshit y'all go over them and start smiling again.

1673503591550.png

So in honor of that, I created another pinup pack featuring some of my favorite new creations, with some extra spicy bonus shots thrown in for the Patreon and SubscribeStar supporters, of course. These are some of my cutest creatures yet, I think, and I titled the pack "Little Monsters." A couple of these characters have been showcased before, a couple are brand new, and it even includes a hint at a visually reworked character.

1673503607718.png

Game progress is very slow right now. I had to pick up extra hours at work, I have book formatting and cover design commissions to get done, and most importantly, I'm working with a couple of writing buddies to smooth out a few of the characters and their stories to prevent potential rough spots down the line. Once all the characters that need reworks have them, I'll be able to start writing for Season 2 in earnest.

1673503630786.png

Because of the way WCA2 is structured, it will be super easy to add additional characters and update the story files for existing characters. So you may end up seeing some crossover characters as I work on collabs with other AVN devs. Should be a lot of fun the way I have it planned, without breaking the immersion of the main story.

Anyway, enough teasing. The pinup pack is on the Itch version of this post and the main download page, and the spicy edition is attached to the Patreon and SubscribeStar posts.

Thank you all so much for your support and passion for this game.

-Vic

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes