Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That's... high praise. And good insight.

I'm also looking at changing the font. The longer this goes on, the more I realize just how unreadable it can be.

I'm considering one called Happy Monkey Regular. Thoughts?
View attachment 3173918
This typeface is moderately readable in isolation and has a bit of a hand-written feel, but in an AVN the stroke weight is way too thin for easy reading across a variable background like this. It needs a stronger outline and/or a controllable-opacity textbox background (my preference is for both, but the textbox background with opacity controls is more important).

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Personally I greatly prefer serif fonts. Examples would be Glass Antiqua if you want a sort of comic book look or Rosarivo for a more book like look.
I'll look those up, thank you.

This typeface is moderately readable in isolation and has a bit of a hand-written feel, but in an AVN the stroke weight is way too thin for easy reading across a variable background like this. It needs a stronger outline and/or a controllable-opacity textbox background (my preference is for both, but the textbox background with opacity controls is more important).
Copy that, will revise. Thanks for your input.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PUBLIC RELEASE] WCAS2 0.2.2.1

Here it is, Lewdies and Gentlepervs (thanks, Artaios). The moment you've all been waiting for.

The next build is finally available to the public! Download it here (bottom of page):

Supporters: HEY! This has a fancy ".2" at the end! We only got ".0!" What gives?

Me: Well, while this build was making its way through the Supporters, I was still working on it. And as a lot of the features I added were Quality of Life changes that just made things feel better, I opted not to force everyone to wait a whole 'nother month to have them. They just make things better.

That was .1, which had a massive typo in the script file. .2 has the game-breaking typo fixed. Both versions had some updates:

First, I changed the default font for text to Rose Red. I didn't get to fully test all the text conversations, so if some of the text overflows, let me know in the in #typos-and-bugs.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 144243.png
Screenshot 2023-12-14 144502.png
Second, I created an entire batch of new variables and conditions that, essentially, will grey out a girl's image if she has no more scenes left. I also made it so you can see the number of other characters you haven't unlocked yet in this build that you can potentially access.

BEFORE:

1703093329167.png

AFTER:

1703093346651.png

Third, I built the framework that will allow you to just drop in a couple of archive files and play the Season 1 content when it's ready. It is not ready yet. But the framework is there, so when I get it done, you won't have to download a new build of the game. You just drop a couple of files into your Game folder and restart the game, and when you select Start and enter your name, you'll see this:

Screenshot 2023-12-18 104548.png

Lastly, I added something to the Start screen. After you pick your name, you get to pick the nickname you hate. This will replace all mentions of "Golden Boy" and make the story more personal to you. This MAY cause an error if you load up a save that doesn't have this variable defined, but you SHOULD be able to ignore it and move on. Restarting your playthrough is the safest bet, but I'm hoping you don't have to do that. Time will tell. Eventually I will figure out how to let you rename yourself and your nickname from the Options menu.

Again, the Season 1 rewrite isn't done yet, but I'm working on it alongside new Season 2 content. This will slow Season 2 content down just a bit, but I think it's well worth it. That way, we can go back to combining both games into 1 and easing some of the confusion. Until then, this game could use your love! Whether it's reviews, support on or , or simply getting the word out to friends and having them try the game and see the characters, it all helps tremendously! We need you!

Hopefully this is enough to sink your teeth into. Enjoy, and hit me up in the Discord if you have questions!

-Vic

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
BUGFIX - Typo in my Script!

GAAAAAH!

If you've downloaded the game and tried to continue the main story, you'll be met with this:

WCABUG.jpg

Ya wanna know why? 'cause it's supposed to be s2e2uniform. Same with the next one. So here's a bugfix file. Drop the attached "script.rpy" into your "game" folder and let it overwrite the file that's already there. Then run the game. If that doesn't work, delete "script.rpy" and "script.rpyc" from the "game" folder, then drop my new "script.rpy" file in and run the game. Should fix it.

Working on replacing the game builds for those who have not downloaded it yet. Pardon my idiocy. We had an entire month of Supporter testing and not a one of em said a fuckin' thing lol. And in all the times I launched the damn thing, it never threw the error.

Apologies, and I appreciate your patience.

-Vic

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
ALRIGHTY. Builds have been replaced in the itch.io link. You will now see 0.2.2.2 as the version number.
Version 0.2.2.2 has the bugfix included.
Version 0.2.2.1 does not and will require the script file above.
Version 0.2.2.1 has been removed and is no longer available to be downloaded. Uploaders, please be sure to make your links with version 0.2.2.2!

Download all of them here:

Thanks for all your patience!

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Does the side quest to help Blossom really end without getting the item needed or did I miss something?

HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017
clicking on the season 1 go file DL link get's 'file doesn't exist' so OP might want to update the go file DL lols

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

World's Crossing Academy [S2 v0.2.2.2] [TeamEmberWings]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 309 MB

Note. There are folders and files in the root folder that have nothing to do with running the game.

PC/MAC: - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
clicking on the season 1 go file DL link get's 'file doesn't exist' so OP might want to update the go file DL lols
GoFile links expire if 10 days pass with no one clicking on them. Replacing it with another GoFile link will just have the same thing happen again. GoFile is good for initial releases/updates, but not long-term for older downloads.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
So are lesbians now completely avoidable or not? It seems that these texts just go back and forth with the decision.

I know myself that if lesbians are forced into the screen there are two options. 1. The game is deleted or 2. The game progresses with the ctrl button, which is almost the same thing. Personally I equate lesbian shit with total cheating and I don't want to see it in any form.
(Sigh) As I keep saying, the entire first Season is being rewritten to make these things optional. You will be able to choose whether or not this content appears in your game. The rewrite is currently underway. It's not finished yet. I have a lot to do yet. There is no cheating or NTR in the game. Never has been, never will be.

Aetheran

Mar 23, 2020
So just started playing this game and am still in season 1, and just got to the

On a less-serious note, I also like the fact you include the option to skip content that may not be for some people, AND also include an option to get a quick not-too-spoilery run down of what that content may be ahead of time so we can make informed decisions. I used the "tell me what this content is going to be" feature once... in the forest that turned out to be the harpy encounter, because I have pretty severe arachnophobia and was terrified you may have put a giant half-girl half-spider in the forest ;D

Reactions: Soulafein

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
So just started playing this game and am still in season 1, and just got to the

On a less-serious note, I also like the fact you include the option to skip content that may not be for some people, AND also include an option to get a quick not-too-spoilery run down of what that content may be ahead of time so we can make informed decisions. I used the "tell me what this content is going to be" feature once... in the forest that turned out to be the harpy encounter, because I have pretty severe arachnophobia and was terrified you may have put a giant half-girl half-spider in the forest ;D
Hey, thank you so much for your feedback. It's good to know there are people out here that appreciate when a character is written to feel real, rather than something a player is given leave to control.

Regarding the choices to skip content, that was kind of a test feature because a lot of people didn't want to be involved with any content that featured Cecilia or the Harpy specifically, and since that seems to be going over well, I'm gonna be including more of those in the rewrite. Currently, there are a lot of complaints about not wanting to watch lesbian content, so that's next on my list to insert choices for.

I hope you enjoy the rest of Season 1 and then Season 2 when you get to it!

royal jelly sidequest... it just stops here? is there nothing to progress?
Hey! Blossom's story is relatively new, and we only have one scene in her side story so far. She's on the list to get her next scene in the next build. I have to write Wither's section of the scene, and then we have to shoot, score, and bugtest both sections. After that, Blossom's B scene will be ready for release. Appreciate your patience!

Aetheran

Mar 23, 2020
tfw no arachne gf
:cry:
I mean, I'm not opposed to it. Stray Incubus has an arachne girl in it that is actually pretty damn adorable. Some spider-girls tho, the ones that are literally bottom half full spider body... ya nope, no way, uh-uh, nopers, nix, nay, no chance, *shakes 8 ball* outlook not so good, negative, absolutely not, im out, peace, have fun, gg, gl, farewell, sayonara, adios, au revoir, ciao, toodles, arrivederci, etc...

Good thing is tho with VictorSeven, I know if they add one, there'll be a warning for wussies like me, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Deejeey

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Thing about that is, we tried so hard to make a spider girl. We tried the multi-legged approach with the lower half being the spider body. We tried the multi-armed approach like Muffet with the extra arms in the accessories menu. It was such a pain in the ass to get all that to pose right, and even worse during h-animations, as the extra limbs wouldn't animate and just stuck out stiffly while the two characters were going at it. It didn't look natural at all. So we scrapped it, feeling it wasn't worth the frustration. We have the prototypes posted in the Discord somewhere I think.

• Sad
Reactions: hofom77573
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes