malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
I'm confused.. so I started recently and played all of Worlds Crossing Academy 1.2.2.2 is that the entire game released as of now as I see reference to a download for S2 that is version 0.2.2.2, but it sure did not have a proper ending.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I'm confused.. so I started recently and played all of Worlds Crossing Academy 1.2.2.2 is that the entire game released as of now as I see reference to a download for S2 that is version 0.2.2.2, but it sure did not have a proper ending.
Your answer lies in the changelog in the OP. Always read the OP, particularly in threads like this one where the dev is active.
1724036672826.png
(Specifically, this tells you that there was a Season 2 that went past 0.2.2.2 (to 0.2.3.14), before it was recombined with Season 1 into a single game, which is the current 1.x.x.x version series.)

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Can you tell me where that reference is? I may need to delete or edit that so as not to cause confusion again. Season 1 and Season 2 used to be separate downloadable programs. After I did the Season 1 Rework, I found a way to combine them all into one program so you didn't have to download multiple things just to continue the story. Season 2 is contained within WCA 1.2.2.2 and there are no other current external downloads yet (DLC characters pending).

The short answer is yes, if you finished WCA 1.2.2.2, you've played the entire thing until 1.3.0.3 (Season 2, Episode 3 Full Episode) comes out in a couple of weeks. Or you can hop on the or and get it now for $10 or Tuesday for $5 USD.

Sorry for the confusion.

Also thank you Tiur.

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Can you tell me where that reference is? I may need to delete or edit that so as not to cause confusion again. Season 1 and Season 2 used to be separate downloadable programs. After I did the Season 1 Rework, I found a way to combine them all into one program so you didn't have to download multiple things just to continue the story. Season 2 is contained within WCA 1.2.2.2 and there are no other current external downloads yet (DLC characters pending).

The short answer is yes, if you finished WCA 1.2.2.2, you've played the entire thing until 1.3.0.3 (Season 2, Episode 3 Full Episode) comes out in a couple of weeks. Or you can hop on the or and get it now for $10 or Tuesday for $5 USD.

Sorry for the confusion.

Also thank you Tiur.
  • Previous version: Season 1 - 0.1.5.81/ Season 2 - 0.2.3.14
  • Current version: WCA 1.2.2.1
  • Both games have been combined into one. There is now only one game page:
Most people playing a game for the first time does not even look at the change log as the entire game is new to us and so looking at a change log is meaningless to us until the next version release. So this is what really causes the confusion as a new player because unless you go actually look at the change log you won't see the first 3 lines that explain the version confusion.

I think it would of just been better to say and not in the change log but in the main thread itself so anybody new coming into it will see something to the effect below.

* Please note previous Season 1 and Season 2 have been merged into a new game version 1.2.2.1

Currently the way it is I am like wait a minute... the version says 1.2.2.1 but I see the latest version shows 0.2.3.14 but I don't see a download for that the version so where is it?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Currently the way it is I am like wait a minute... the version says 1.2.2.1 but I see the latest version shows 0.2.3.14 but I don't see a download for that the version so where is it?
I think the confusion comes in when you say "I see the latest version shows 0.2.3.14".

The game's current public version is 1.2.2.2, and nothing on the OP of this thread or anywhere I can find on Itch says that the latest version is 0.2.3.14... So Vic wanted to know where you saw that, so he can change it.

The current setup won't confuse new players because they have no reason to look for a season 2 download. They grab the latest version (1.2.2.2) and that's that, they've got the full game as it currently exists for the public and it doesn't give them any expectation of a separate download that I know of. If the game itself mentions 0.2.3.14 or a season 2 download, that's also something Vic would want to know, so he can change it.

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
we are sure that there will be no more forced restart in the future?? cuz after restarted it for the 4th time it's becoming annoying....and you can't even skip
Short answer: No. There should be no more restarts unless something catastrophic happens.

Long answer: Anything before 1.0 and you should expect things like that. Anything with a version number that starts with 0. is a product in the making, whose systems are not complete, and you are getting early access to an unfinished piece of software. That's the entire point of version numbers. If you don't like things like that, you shouldn't play anything with a version lower than 1.0.

That being said, WCA had its 1.0 launch. All the systems are pretty much finalized now, meaning all there is to do from here is content.

There was one system I was toying with, where the girls whose side stories you've progressed in would randomly pop up to do sweet things for you during your otherwise normal main story days, but 1, I'm not completely sold on using development time on that and 2, it'd really be more for flavor than anything, and is kinda unnecessary. WCA is pretty good already without it, so there's really no need. And even if I do decide to include it later, there are people who can teach me how to check for variables in an existing save and append them if they're not found, so as not to cause errors when a new system is added, which will avoid a restart.

Also, WCA is now available to T1 Supporters!

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Yahoo new update
my thoughts, with spoilers abound:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
REALLY appreciate the detailed feedback. Allow me to comment on it, if you will.

Regarding Druthari, that's exactly where I thought the audience would predict her story going, and exactly why I avoided it. For one, that's a horrible thing to think about, and two, there are other ways to indicate trauma than going straight for the jugular with that storyline. Going for that every time is just lazy writing.

Regarding ogre genders, there ARE female ogres. I actually have a prototype of one. I may show her off someday, but she'll probably make her debut in another project.

Regarding Lumina, it's a culture thing. Trying to be modest is one thing. But being modest and then bragging about it, to them, is the opposite of modesty. And of course it's rude. She's a monarch, used to talking to servants and peasants. She's not one to hold back when something bothers her, as there are typically no consequences for her offending someone. Lirum, on the other hand, is far more kind and shy.

Regarding Willy... I could have disabled Rollback if I wanted to. But I feel the same way about that as I do about save scumming in Baldur's Gate 3: if that's what it takes for you to get maximum enjoyment out of a game you paid your own hard-earned money for, who am I to judge? Play it the way that brings you the most joy.

Also love that you caught the Skyrim reference. It's hard to miss, but I love putting references and easter eggs into the writing.

Once this update goes public on Tuesday, I'll put out a poll form regarding what the community would like to see next. Straight into S2E4, a wave of side content, or a full DLC character release? Real interested to see how people vote.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
REALLY appreciate the detailed feedback. Allow me to comment on it, if you will.

Regarding Druthari, that's exactly where I thought the audience would predict her story going, and exactly why I avoided it. For one, that's a horrible thing to think about, and two, there are other ways to indicate trauma than going straight for the jugular with that storyline. Going for that every time is just lazy writing.

Regarding ogre genders, there ARE female ogres. I actually have a prototype of one. I may show her off someday, but she'll probably make her debut in another project.

Regarding Lumina, it's a culture thing. Trying to be modest is one thing. But being modest and then bragging about it, to them, is the opposite of modesty. And of course it's rude. She's a monarch, used to talking to servants and peasants. She's not one to hold back when something bothers her, as there are typically no consequences for her offending someone. Lirum, on the other hand, is far more kind and shy.

Regarding Willy... I could have disabled Rollback if I wanted to. But I feel the same way about that as I do about save scumming in Baldur's Gate 3: if that's what it takes for you to get maximum enjoyment out of a game you paid your own hard-earned money for, who am I to judge? Play it the way that brings you the most joy.

Also love that you caught the Skyrim reference. It's hard to miss, but I love putting references and easter eggs into the writing.

Once this update goes public on Tuesday, I'll put out a poll form regarding what the community would like to see next. Straight into S2E4, a wave of side content, or a full DLC character release? Real interested to see how people vote.
Thanks for the message. For me, I like to see a large update (in this case a full DLC) instead of small waves of updates.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Thanks for the message. For me, I like to see a large update (in this case a full DLC) instead of small waves of updates.
I get you, and I'm of the same mind, but the problem is if I wait too long between updates, people start dropping off the SubscribeStar and Patreon, which kinda cripples me as far as dev time goes because I have to spend more time at work, which then slows down the game... it's a self-perpetuating cycle. So it's in my best interests to put out something new every month if possible so those who are supporting the game feel like they're getting something for their money. Some are more patient and will wait 2 or even 3 months, but I try not to test anyone's patience if I can help it.

Reactions: Alcarinn and tmu500

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I definitely could have worded that section better, I think its just because this is our first real interaction with her. Regardless, I am sure you will handle Lumina well.

Personally I like the shorter dev times, it keeps me interested in the story more. and as VictorSeven said, regular updates means the paying people will be more likely to stay paying.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PUBLIC RELEASE] 1.3.0.4 is LIVE! Season 2 Episode 3

An entire episode. All at once. That's right, we're doing this.

First things first, the download link:

Or if you want it easy, they're attached to the bottom of the Itch post.

Support us on , , and now !

Changelog:
1.3.0.3 had a start button bug. You could not start in Season 1; it went straight to Season 2.
1.3.0.4 fixed Start Button bug.

image_2024-08-26_231752432.png

So. Season 2 Episode 3. I mentioned before that it's time to get some shit DONE, and that is what we have done here. An entire update focused on progressing the main storyline, with just a sprinkle of side content scenes to go along with it. There is so much work that went into this update that I don't even know where to begin. I'll just say that I spend a shit ton of extra time on this one, mostly on the combat system.

And don't worry. If you don't like minigames, it's skippable. But if you decide to play it on the hardest difficulty, there's a secret character unlock in there for ya :) For those that DO play, there is adjustable difficulty and infinite retries. It's very akin to something like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, or Brain Dead 13 where you'll learn the right counters to every move over time and get better and better at the system as you learn and adapt to your opponent's style.

I'm also excited to announce officially that we've started working on our first DLC character! During this story, and any story in which we use this theater, there will be some opportunities for cross-promotion, so if any fellow devs wanna trade exposure, lemme know and we'll get a poster of your game up in this theater!

The available graphic slots are:

• Ticket Counter Left Slot (currently "Breaking Love")
  • Ticket Counter Center Slot (currently "The Darkness")
  • Ticket Counter Right Slot (currently "I Hate Hue")
  • Large Lobby Poster (TAKEN! "That New Teacher" by TheeRogueOne)
  • Medium Lobby Poster 1 (TAKEN! "omiSt" by Hanamura)
  • Medium Lobby Poster 2 (currently "Right Between the Stars")
  • Medium Lobby Poster 3 (currently "Behind Bars")
  • Medium Lobby Poster 4 (currently "The Stolen Nights")
  • Inside Theater (the movie the characters will be watching; should match one of the other slots)
If you would like to submit a graphic or graphics for cross promotion in WCA, please let me know! I'd like to build them into the map soon! And let me know how I can contribute to your game!

Massive thanks to Necromedes, who helped me with a large part of the brainstorming and planning for this episode, for the next episode, and for a bunch of upcoming side content as well as side content featured in this patch. He even shot a couple of these scenes to take them off my hands. Thanks to Hanamura for shooting a couple of scenes, as well. Lets me focus on the writing, which I believe elevates the quality of the product as a whole. And speaking of Necromedes, Pinup Pack 11 - Pool Party will be out very soon. Public gets the 15 swimsuit shots, and Supporters will get those plus 15 topless shots, so if you needed motivation to sign up...

Public shot:

Supporter Bonus Shot:

(Supporters get it without the censor, of course)

Anyways, that's coming out fairly soon, so keep your eyes peeled. I will also be doing a poll fairly soon to see what you as a community want us to focus on following this release. Until then, enjoy S2E3! I'm expecting hate mail for the S2E4 Preview at the end!

- Vic

Last edited:

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
[PUBLIC RELEASE] 1.3.0.3 is LIVE! Season 2 Episode 3

An entire episode. All at once. That's right, we're doing this.

First things first, the download link:

Or if you want it easy, they're attached to the bottom of the Itch post.

Support us on , , and now !

View attachment 3971980

So. Season 2 Episode 3. I mentioned before that it's time to get some shit DONE, and that is what we have done here. An entire update focused on progressing the main storyline, with just a sprinkle of side content scenes to go along with it. There is so much work that went into this update that I don't even know where to begin. I'll just say that I spend a shit ton of extra time on this one, mostly on the combat system.

And don't worry. If you don't like minigames, it's skippable. But if you decide to play it on the hardest difficulty, there's a secret character unlock in there for ya :) For those that DO play, there is adjustable difficulty and infinite retries. It's very akin to something like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, or Brain Dead 13 where you'll learn the right counters to every move over time and get better and better at the system as you learn and adapt to your opponent's style.

View attachment 3971981

I'm also excited to announce officially that we've started working on our first DLC character! During this story, and any story in which we use this theater, there will be some opportunities for cross-promotion, so if any fellow devs wanna trade exposure, lemme know and we'll get a poster of your game up in this theater!

The available graphic slots are:

• Ticket Counter Left Slot (currently "Breaking Love")
  • Ticket Counter Center Slot (currently "The Darkness")
  • Ticket Counter Right Slot (currently "I Hate Hue")
  • Large Lobby Poster (TAKEN! "That New Teacher" by TheeRogueOne)
  • Medium Lobby Poster 1 (TAKEN! "omiSt" by Hanamura)
  • Medium Lobby Poster 2 (currently "Right Between the Stars")
  • Medium Lobby Poster 3 (currently "Behind Bars")
  • Medium Lobby Poster 4 (currently "The Stolen Nights")
  • Inside Theater (the movie the characters will be watching; should match one of the other slots)
If you would like to submit a graphic or graphics for cross promotion in WCA, please let me know! I'd like to build them into the map soon! And let me know how I can contribute to your game!

View attachment 3971982

View attachment 3971983

View attachment 3971984

Massive thanks to Necromedes, who helped me with a large part of the brainstorming and planning for this episode, for the next episode, and for a bunch of upcoming side content as well as side content featured in this patch. He even shot a couple of these scenes to take them off my hands. Thanks to Hanamura for shooting a couple of scenes, as well. Lets me focus on the writing, which I believe elevates the quality of the product as a whole. And speaking of Necromedes, Pinup Pack 11 - Pool Party will be out very soon. Public gets the 15 swimsuit shots, and Supporters will get those plus 15 topless shots, so if you needed motivation to sign up...

Public shot:

View attachment 3971985

Supporter Bonus Shot:

View attachment 3971986
(Supporters get it without the censor, of course)

Anyways, that's coming out fairly soon, so keep your eyes peeled. I will also be doing a poll fairly soon to see what you as a community want us to focus on following this release. Until then, enjoy S2E3! I'm expecting hate mail for the S2E4 Preview at the end!

- Vic
Thank you for the post and keep up the great work. :)

Reactions: VictorSeven

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Because the question marks at the bottom make me think I fucked up, does this look right for the end of this chapter?

Also no lewds this time around, not a complaint just verification, or did I fuck up a path somehow?

Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Because the question marks at the bottom make me think I fucked up, does this look right for the end of this chapter?

Also no lewds this time around, not a complaint just verification, or did I fuck up a path somehow?
That's what I have too, and I'm pretty sure that's correct.

There had been three question marks until this update, so I'm pretty sure we can't unlock those hidden characters yet.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

So this was a goof on my part. These are
The first isn't written yet and I must have set her unlock tag into Season 1 without thinking, and done the same with the second one, which only has two scenes.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
So this was a goof on my part. These are
The first isn't written yet and I must have set her unlock tag into Season 1 without thinking, and done the same with the second one, which only has two scenes.
OK I'm definitely on their paths I think as I remember explicitly saying yes to river, and seeing the Harpy scenes. OK cool I didn't bork anything then.

4.50 star(s) 33 Votes