Would You Enjoy this?

Grand Duke

Jun 11, 2021
As I said, it's not really about immersion for me either, it's about the pressure that frontloading all of this extra setting information is going to put on your story structure as an amateur writer. I'm far from a great writer myself, but as a prolific reader I've literally seen this exact idea crash and burn probably hundreds of times now in fanfiction and RP. Wolverine was really freaking popular, just saying.
I get that, however it isn't meant to a centralizing point to the story itself, it's meant to be a backstory first and foremost. Something that can explain the main characters ideology/ thought process and that can be explored in depth at later points in the story. I want the process of the main character "taking over," this high school from the shadows, turning students and teachers into his puppets to be the "story," itself.

Nagozo

Sep 30, 2017
C'mon, if you're pressed, just write Light Yagami into DDLC and watch the fireworks when you combine that with the deconstruction element of the setting? Tha
Spin the story into 'Light Yagami tries to kill the player irl by finding out their name' and we'll have something truly thrilling

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ophanim

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
I get that, however it isn't meant to a centralizing point to the story itself, it's meant to be a backstory first and foremost. Something that can explain the main characters ideology/ thought process and that can be explored in depth at later points in the story. I want the process of the main character "taking over," this high school from the shadows, turning students and teachers into his puppets to be the "story," itself.
Sure, I getcha. I wish you luck with it, okay? :)