Sep 17, 2023
So, my last idea for how to make the script work, doesn't work. I wondered if it was just redundant to have an event handler in my script, when Ninoss has one in lb_examevents.rpy. I called his script, "call lb_examEventSetup", without the handler being in my .rpy file, and got an infinite loop error. On line 9 this time. The documentation for renpy is hot-garbage. I've read some crappy documentation before, but these guys are pressing to go top-5, or maybe even top-3. And I've been working with computers since 1980, so those are hard lists to crack.

I have no idea why it's getting this error. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm thinking about trying the "nuclear option", and just adding them straight to the DB.rpy and lb_examevent.rpy, I don't know if I'll have time to try that this week. I just can't see the problem, and I'm tired of spending what time I have reading shitty documentation that hasn't pointed to a possible answer to the problem.

If such a brute-force solution works, I'll offer it for the time being. I'll put together different versions, though they would eliminate any changes to those files, if you had edited them or downloaded a mod that uses a modified DB.rpy, like the "better uniform rule" mod. I'll keep trying to figure out what's going on with this thing, though it may have lower priority, while I see if I can rebuild the brothel, or the panty-raid. Probably the brothel, since I don't use panties much in my game. And I have some ideas for the brothel. If there is a preference for the panty-raid though, say so. It's fine if I get out-voted.

Reactions: WarblGarbl

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
I feel like there should be a check in "lb_examevents.rpy" after line 544 that ensures the exam completion level doesn't drop below 0 - i've had situations a few times where girls were literally at like -100 or more, which is *really really frustrating*.

Also, it would be neat if you could actually freeuse 'em after a certain point. Maybe add it as a button in the hallway interaction menu (and/or at home, if mom or daughter or both are high enough in whatever stats are deemed relevant), where you can just go up and fuck around on 'ems.

Just a thought! :)

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
Also, it would be neat if you could actually freeuse 'em after a certain point. Maybe add it as a button in the hallway interaction menu (and/or at home, if mom or daughter or both are high enough in whatever stats are deemed relevant), where you can just go up and fuck around on 'ems.

Just a thought! :)
Have you unlocked the nympho trait on a girl yet, or talked about free use with a mom with a lot of corruption? That kind of does what you're looking for.

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Have you unlocked the nympho trait on a girl yet, or talked about free use with a mom with a lot of corruption? That kind of does what you're looking for.
Yeah but I mean like, outside of the context of an exam. I want other girls in the hallway to comment on the goings-on, possibly with like different thoughts depending on their own stats - or possibly NO commentary and they just treat it like it's a normal thing that happens (which is, after all, the whole idea of the in-game law), y'know?

Sep 17, 2023
my attempts the edit the saves keep getting blocked so I stopped playing
Try editing other files, personally, I just use multiple save points, if I don't like how something is turning out, I have a choice of how far back I wanna go.

IN OTHER NEWS.
I have solved the issue with the actions mods. Just don't include any reference to the event handler, anywhere in the script. *poof* it worked. I've tested the actions, they all show up where they are supposed to, and all seem to work. The videos are all renamed to fit the updated convention, and placed into relevant directories. The action mod, with all eight in a single package, is now up on my . It's also updated on the Google Docs.
If anybody has ANY issues with them, let me know here. Thanks for your patience in this endeavour.

Reactions: WarblGarbl

Macari

Nov 14, 2016
Try editing other files, personally, I just use multiple save points, if I don't like how something is turning out, I have a choice of how far back I wanna go.

IN OTHER NEWS.
I have solved the issue with the actions mods. Just don't include any reference to the event handler, anywhere in the script. *poof* it worked. I've tested the actions, they all show up where they are supposed to, and all seem to work. The videos are all renamed to fit the updated convention, and placed into relevant directories. The action mod, with all eight in a single package, is now up on my . It's also updated on the Google Docs.
If anybody has ANY issues with them, let me know here. Thanks for your patience in this endeavour.

all I did was edit money in save editor (saveeditonline.com) but whwn I load the save it flags it as malious, and reverts it

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
all I did was edit money in save editor (saveeditonline.com) but whwn I load the save it flags it as malious, and reverts it
Or just use the debug menu in your room and add a money that way by clicking a lot. I personally modded the game to allow $1,000 per click. I do too much testing and $100 isn't enough.

Reactions: Canadian_sausage
Sep 17, 2023
Brand New... well, to you.. to me in a way... before the update, I was working on adding nipple-sucking to the mod, and it fell by the wayside and got lost. I found it while tidying up, and added it to the new mod, the old one is now gone. The mod also has a stand-alone version of just the nipple-sucking and its vids, for those who'd already d/l'd the one without it. Take your pick.

I am going to get a start on some of the other side projects, but there has been a contract-extension to about the end of September (they seem to really like what we're doing for them). So my time is still quite limited, I should be able to get more done by the end of the month, likely bouncing between projects.

Sep 17, 2023
Xorgroth's post about modding his game to give him a grand instead made me start wondering about what kind of mods other people make to their games. In mine:
- I mod the lb_examEvents file, to provide a chance for player arousal with sexual interactions, mostly a random number, 0-1, 0-2 or 1-3, depending on the interaction, but a couple are just +1.
- In the DB, I also added an argument to 'fuck ass' and 'fuck pussy' to require arousal over 2 before you can do it. I just don't think it's right you can just do that whenever. Certain bits work best when properly inflated.
- In the free use talk, I gave each sexual interaction with mom a different value, oral has some corruption and affection, less fear (+4-6/+5-7/-3-5)... vaginal has a little corruption, more affection, and some fear (+2-4/+7-10/+1-3)... anal has the most corruption, least affection and more fear (+7-10/+1-3/+4-6). The gains at the end are also reduced, to +5 point gain in corruption and +3 in affection.
- Also in the free use talk, I made a change to provide a small increase in corruption, in the initial fail. The gain is usually quite small, it's random from 0-2. It takes a long time, but it is possible to talk them into steadily more corrupt events. With seven days a week, and just visiting and talking, from low corruption (<15), it seems to take ~12-17 days to get them to the point where they'll take their shirt off. I did test it a lot, there is huge variability. The other fail also has some slightly changed corruption (reduced to random +1-2) and affection (introduced as a random gain of +2-4) values, and also her fear will be reduced by -3-5.
- Most of the other changes I've made, at least I think, are cosmetic. Changes in the text, moving the '$' symbol to the front of the amount, putting a 'Mr' in front of the player name, little things like that.

Edit: I am still working on the final numbers I want in the interactions with mom, hence the range. I change it from time to time to see different values and their effects. The ranges are close to a final decision, probably something in the middle. Most others are a randint script.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 20 Votes