Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
It is sometimes like this:
post 1(user x): News about update?
post 2(user y): No, because ......
post 3(user z): UPDATE?!?

So for me any user is lazy if he didn't read the OP, skimmed what it's linked in the OP or skimmed through the the current page and 1-2 page in past of the thread. From the most asked questions most of them wouldn't needed to be asked (again).

So, in my eyes not only an user classified himself as lazy but also shows some lack of common behaviour.

And question back: If it cost you less than 5 minutes to wrote the answer, why should the questioner not invest his 5 minutes to search for his own answer?
It would shows for me, that the user is modest and valued our time the same as his own.;)
But tell me where i asked about an update though?? it wasn't even a question???? i just said it never took this long before (wich now i know why), but i didn't ask about an update or why. Thanks for your thoughts on this though. :)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
But tell me where i asked about an update though?? it wasn't even a question???? i just said it never took this long before (wich now i know why), but i didn't ask about an update or why. Thanks for your thoughts on this though. :)
Not with those exact words, no, but your post can easily be read that way. You sadly got caught up in the cross-fire between the ones looking to discuss the game and the ones only looking for an update but not bothering to read even a single post or to make use of the search function. BD hasn't been happy with this development and it's one of the reasons he's not as active on here anymore:
I completely understand. I've been visiting here less and less myself.

I loved it here and was very active at the beginning. Everything was much more light hearted and it genuinely felt like people just having fun. Critique was solid and I was still trying to find my own style and solidify where I was going with WVM.
I'm not sure if things have actually changed or if I've just become jaded after so much blind hate. Because for every hate message or review you guys see here there's 5-10 DM's you don't see. Add on some shit talk from other devs and it's easy to fade out.

I'm not trying to trash this website in anyway. I'll be the first to admit I wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as I am if it wasn't for being featured here. But man it feels like every time I come here now there's a new multi-page argument that stems from some silly shit that doesn't have the legs to be argued about for that much time. It's just people arguing opinions and repeating the same shit every single post. And that's in between the usual "update???" posts.
It's crazy to say but I actually miss the days when the biggest annoyance was "wtf happened to Natalie?!" :KEK:

I love you guys and I love interacting with the community around my game but you gotta realize there's very little to gain from visiting here recently. This thread is meant to discuss the game but it feels like it's only being used to discuss what the game isn't.

Public discord coming soon <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ziltoid

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not with those exact words, no, but your post can easily be read that way. You sadly got caught up in the cross-fire between the ones looking to discuss the game and the ones only looking for an update but not bothering to read even a single post or to make use of the search function. BD hasn't been happy with this development and it's one of the reasons he's not as active on here anymore:
A little kindness goes a long way. I can't imagine what some devs have to deal with. I'm not really a people person so I try to not be trollish on places that hook me up with such awesome entertainment.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I haven't say that. I repsonse to the post I quotet in my.

But for my viewpoint your post implicit the question when the next update is out.
i don't think wvm ever been THIS long without a new update (i think it had one every week?)
Yet, your post was nothing rude per se and it seems for my people have reacted stronger than this post have "ask for".

But I also think to dicuss this topics (update, incest and others is exhausting and the gain of new information is virtual zero. Of course my two cents are also included here.

The Krypt Angel: I found out why your so addicted to Bailey. Sometimes I really don't see the obvious:ROFLMAO::
1594540203308.png

Last edited:

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
So guys, confession time. Not to stoke the flames, but you know how we're all craving a new update? :p Well for the past couple weeks or so, while I've been a bit bored, I dediced to do something insane which took admittedly more time than I anticipated :ROFLMAO:

I decided, in equal measure out of boredom and genuine interest, to count the number or renders and animations that every single named character was featured in as of this latest update. So I now have a huge spreadsheet with lots and lots of ticks on it for every time a certain character got another render.

So before I post the results of this insane project, I want you to have a little fun guessing a bit as to the top 5 or so of characters. Well, the top 2 should be pretty obvious but out of these two, which do you think got more? (spoiler: it was close)

To clarify how I counted, I counted every render that each character was actually simply in, meaning even if a character wasn't the focus and they were just in the background or even if you saw just an arm or something, I counted it. This seemed the only fair way to not get too arbitrary in the decision of when a certain character could be said to feature in a render or not; if they're in it at all, it counts.
I also tried to not count repeated renders, so e.g. sometimes you had the same renders immediately before and after a kiss, in that case I would have counted it only once.
I also, understandably, counted both the trans and cis routes of Penny and Shauna, so in their sex scenes where you would have seen something else, every unique render counted. But as long as those renders were the same in both routes, I of course didn't count them twice.
As to the whole Willow/Cedey thing, I did count flashback renders of the MC's sister towards Willow if and only if they actually matched the girl we later see in the confirmation flashback. If she looked exactly like a younger Stacy, I counted them towards Stacy. If it was some mix between the two, I didn't count them at all.

Finally, I'm certain I still made some counting mistakes but not huge ones, and the exact numbers don't really matter anyway, it's more the proportion that's interesting, and there definitely were some interesting results; characters that you might have thought had more renders than others but didn't and so on.

So, guessing time (if you want to) while I tabulate the final results (I just now finished) and post them here.

EDIT: Further clarification:
If everything was the same except for Shauna having either a penis or a vulva, I did count that twice. I debated that issue but in the end that seemed the only fair way to count it. In these instances, if there was another character visible (well, Jaime) and that character did not change at all between the two instances, I did not count it twice towards that character (Jaime...).

Additionally, I should have clarified, but I did not count the MC at all. I debated that too but that would have been just too hard to make a judgment call in which instances you counted him or not. If there was just the chest visible? Just an arm? Just a finger? At any rate, it felt arbitrary to count him only when he is actually visible since he's of course always in the scene, even if not visible. So that just felt strange and arbitrary and I left him off the list. Plus, he clearly doesn't have a head, so does he even count as a character? :p

Last edited:

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
So guys, confession time. Not to stoke the flames, but you know how we're all craving a new update? :p Well for the past couple weeks or so, while I've been a bit bored, I dediced to do something insane which took admittedly more time than I anticipated :ROFLMAO:

I decided, in equal measure out of boredom and genuine interest, to count the number or renders and animations that every single named character was featured in as of this latest update. So I now have a huge spreadsheet with lots and lots of ticks on it for every time a certain character got another render.

So before I post the results of this insane project, I want you to have a little fun guessing a bit as to the top 5 or so of characters. Well, the top 2 should be pretty obvious but out of these two, which do you think got more? (spoiler: it was close)

To clarify how I counted, I counted every render that each character was actually simply in, meaning even if a character wasn't the focus and they were just in the background or even if you saw just an arm or something, I counted it. This seemed the only fair way to not get too arbitrary in the decision of when a certain character could be said to feature in a render or not; if they're in it at all, it counts.
I also tried to not count repeated renders, so e.g. sometimes you had the same renders immediately before and after a kiss, in that case I would have counted it only once.
I also, understandably, counted both the trans and cis routes of Penny and Shauna, so in their sex scenes where you would have seen something else, every unique render counted. But as long as those renders were the same in both routes, I of course didn't count them twice.
As to the whole Willow/Cedey thing, I did count flashback renders of the MC's sister towards Willow if and only if they actually matched the girl we later see in the confirmation flashback. If she looked exactly like a younger Stacy, I counted them towards Stacy. If it was some mix between the two, I didn't count them at all.

Finally, I'm certain I still made some counting mistakes but not huge ones, and the exact numbers don't really matter anyway, it's more the proportion that's interesting, and there definitely were some interesting results; characters that you might have thought had more renders than others but didn't and so on.

So, guessing time (if you want to) while I tabulate the final results (I just now finished) and post them here.
1. Jamie
2. Shauna
3. Azel
4. Harper
5. Jasmine

I have a feeling that Harper and Veronica will be higher than people expect due to the sheer number of scenes they appear in, just churning up ticks.

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Well, the top 2 should be pretty obvious but out of these two, which do you think got more? (spoiler: it was close)
Question: is shauna having a penis or not in an otherwise identical scene counted twice?

My guess right now:

1. Shauna
2. Jamie
3. MC, you said top 5 characters, not girls, and even if you don't count him being "behind the camera" during conversations (if we do count that I'm pretty sure he's N°1) he is still partially visible in every sex scene
4. Harper, I'm pretty sure she's just in the background of a lot of renders during practice
5. Azel

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Question: is shauna having a penis or not in an otherwise identical scene counted twice?

My guess right now:

1. Shauna
2. Jamie
3. MC, you said top 5 characters, not girls, and even if you don't count him being "behind the camera" during conversations (if we do count that I'm pretty sure he's N°1) he is still partially visible in every sex scene
4. Harper, I'm pretty sure she's just in the background of a lot of renders during practice
5. Azel
Yes, if everything was the same except for Shauna having either a penis or a vulva, I did count that twice. I debated that issue but in the end that seemed the only fair way to count it. In these instances, if there was another character visible (well, Jaime) and that character did not change at all between the two instances, I did not count it twice towards that character (Jaime...).

I should have clarified, but I did not count the MC at all. I debated that too but that would have been just too hard to make a judgment call in which instances you counted him or not. If there was just the chest visible? Just an arm? Just a finger? At any rate, it felt arbitrary to count him only when he is actually visible since he's of course always in the scene, even if not visible. So that just felt strange and arbitrary and I left him off the list.

I'll add those points to my original post though ;)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

If everything was the same except for Shauna having either a penis or a vulva, I did count that twice. I debated that issue but in the end that seemed the only fair way to count it. In these instances, if there was another character visible (well, Jaime) and that character did not change at all between the two instances, I did not count it twice towards that character (Jaime...).

Additionally, I should have clarified, but I did not count the MC at all. I debated that too but that would have been just too hard to make a judgment call in which instances you counted him or not. If there was just the chest visible? Just an arm? Just a finger? At any rate, it felt arbitrary to count him only when he is actually visible since he's of course always in the scene, even if not visible. So that just felt strange and arbitrary and I left him off the list. Plus, he clearly doesn't have a head, so does he even count as a character? :p
If you're counting Shauna and Penny twice, then obviously Shauna is going to come out first. Since people are only ever going to see them one way in a given playthrough, I can't see how counting them that way does anything other than artificially inflate their appearances.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
If you're counting Shauna and Penny twice, then obviously Shauna is going to come out first. Since people are only ever going to see them one way in a given playthrough, I can't see how counting them that way does anything other than artificially inflate their appearances.
Well sure, I get that, but it still seemed the only somewhat objective way to count it. I mean, this count is based on every single render I could find, anyway. I mean, I even played the nurse scene just to count the renders (#truesacrifice) but if anyone didn't play that scene themselves, they wouldn't have as many renders with her. So, no, it's maybe not representative in terms of how an actual playthrough would actually pan out, but how else was I supposed to count it? :unsure: This wasn't my objective, anyway. This might seem artificial, but it just is what it is and nothing more. To some degree, I also wanted to get an appreciation of how much work a project like this is, and this comes down to a large degree to the basic amount of renders (among other things). I mean, I also didn't keep track of actual screentime or whatever, I mean sometimes a render is accompanied with 10 lines of dialogue, sometimes just 1. So just the number of renders might not represent how long the scene actually feels. Like I said, it is what it is and nothing more.
At any rate, the number of renders that actually have an alternate in terms of trans/cis is fleetingly small, surprisingly. I didn't keep count separately there, so I don't know for sure, but I'd wager that you have like 20 renders for Shauna or thereabouts where there's actually a difference. Less for Penny. So that doesn't change nearly as much as you would expect.

Reactions: Hordragg

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
But enough discussion, here's my actual count (with some more discussion beforehand). To not repeat myself, here's my OP about what I did here.

I also wanted to include, apart from the absolute number of renders, some sort of relative count. But since I didn't count the complete, absolute amount of renders in the whole game, I don't have an ideal reference point. So I used the amount of renders of the top character as a reference point and calculated via Excel the amount of renders each other character has relative to that top character.

And our winner is, by a small margin (drumroll...) SHAUNA!

It was real close though between her and Jaime. For a while, they were neck and neck before Jaime just completely took off and overtook Shauna by such a large amount (like over a 100 renders) that I didn't think Shauna could ever catch up again. But that last date did put her over the top again by just a few renders. Maybe, just maybe, if it weren't for the difference in choosing trans or cis for Shauna, that would not have sufficed to put her over the top, but like I said, it really didn't make that much of a difference, the vast majority of both their renders are when either fully clothed or intentionally covering Shauna's crotch, so the route makes no difference. I think it's pretty clear that Shauna and Jaime are intentionally extremely close in terms of amount of renders and that last date was a way to catch Shauna up a bit and no matter who actually comes out on top here, they're supposed to have about the same number of renders. But enough about that, here's the actual list with absolute number of renders and a relative number expressed in percent in comparison to Shauna.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And just for fun, I also counted the number of animations each character is in. This is of course restricted to characters the MC has sex with, other characters don't get an animation. I only counted unique animations, so a speed-up didn't count. A different angle did though. I think there were also 2 instances of sex with Shauna where Jaime was also visible, there I again counted the scene twice for Shauna based on trans/cis but only once for Jaime because she had no difference whatsoever. I think especially here with the animations it's unsurprising that Shauna won, because the difference in her route only really comes out in sex scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm a scumbag. I didn't turn down Alexis and I enjoyed it immensely. At first play through I cheated with Shauna too. Second play through I still cheated with Alexis but didn't with Shauna and felt a little less scummy. What I did with alexis and Rachael didn't bother me as much as cheating with Shauna. But i'm weird...
none of what i did bothered my sorry ass ... if i can have sex with her ,, well she'll most likely be walking around in the next few months pregnant if she isn't careful ... yeah i said if she isn't careful :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
yeah doc i have a problem ... well wait is sex really a problem ?????

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018

That's commitment if i ever seen one

Reactions: SeveredPaladin1

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
4. Bailey: 348 (33.2%)
If feel this is quickly getting out of hand. *sings* 4...44... the number of the Bailey . . .

Seeing as she's featured in more scenes than Rach or Harp, she may very well be stalking the MC at this point. Perhaps she's always there, staying in the shadows, moving at the edge of sight, waiting, brooding, ready to strike.

Also, KrystofDayne, seems your country of residence is rubbing off on you. ;)

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Maybe i am too naive but why would people be so mean to him (or anyone else) just for the sake of it? pming him with hate messages? thats fucked up. i get constructive critcs, but why would people do that to the point he was forced to leave this place?

Hopefully he will get better.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
If feel this is quickly getting out of hand. *sings* 4...44... the number of the Bailey . . .

Seeing as she's featured in more scenes than Rach or Harp, she may very well be stalking the MC at this point. Perhaps she's always there, staying in the shadows, moving at the edge of sight, waiting, brooding, ready to strike.

Also, KrystofDayne, seems your country of residence is rubbing off on you. ;)
Bailey out of hand ,,, nawww she fits in my hands pretty great :love:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Maybe i am too naive but why would people be so mean to him (or anyone else) just for the sake of it? pming him with hate messages? thats fucked up. i get constructive critcs, but why would people do that to the point he was forced to leave this place?

Hopefully he will get better.
it's the internet? people are assholes on the best of days, give them anonymity and they'll abuse the shit out of it.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes