VN - Ren'Py - WVM [S2 Ch. 1 Ep. 13 B3] [Braindrop]

1. 1.00 star(s)

babaner

The narrative is pretty poor, the mc is pretty much a worshipped god, even jesus is less revered then this guy. There is literally no narrative plot of this MC and hes extremely unrelatable. One bonus is that this has good renders, its one of the only parts of which I can commend.
    You can compare this to other high end renpy games.

Being a dik has humour, good renders and a good narrative plot with a decently relatable MC

Desert Stalker has one of the best renders in the genre, a good post apocalyptic story, and doesnt hide from what it is, a male power fantasy, thats fine if the game admits it which it does.

This game has not one single relatable character, the humour is nonexistent, the plot is erratic because it gets retconned every new big patch, the girls are uninteresting but I can forgive all of that, all of this shit if the MC wasnt such a bore, Ive never seen such a boring MC in these type of games. There is no rhyme or reason why this guy is interesting at all, you might think "Well hes an aspiring and upcoming basketball player" and I can accept that IF the girls didnt treat this guy like hes the second coming of jesus mixed with the emperor of warhammer 40k.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

sampikinpax

a boring game, too many characters, plus we only have one type of face, we have the impression that all the girls are part of the same family, they all look the same
    we really get lost in this game with each episode we introduce new characters while forgetting the main ones
    an aesthetically very beautiful game but it remains soulless
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Akabakka

This was an interesting experience ... (up till chapter 11) . Pretty great on the visual and sex scenes aspect obviously , but some things just annoy you over so many hours of the game . I know what kind of game it is , an adult one , so within almost all of them , there is that element of everyone brainwashing themselves that what the MC does is good or fine ...

But god , this felt like cult indoctrination from start to finish . It feels as if every dialogue with each woman , is about how good , great even , person you are . How perfect, how selfless . These women all parrot the same weird koolaid from your first official girlfriend : "You're god's gift to humanity , so it's ok to share you , you'll make everyone so happy" !

And honestly , being an adult game , even that would be fine , if it did not lead to them droning on about it each scenes , instead of diving more directly to the plot line of said scene . Girl A got some info and news for you moving along the plot and sex scenes , well nope FIRST let's talk for 15 mins about how great of a person you are . This goes way beyond padding and could use editing .
    This would make me root against my character , and for the villains , if they weren't so purposefully lame and mean for no good reason .

I'm also not sure about the way the plot dragged its feet over the obviously upcoming lesbian sharing (leading into threesome) between at least two pairs of characters . It's being mentioned , teased , discussed among the concerned girls . Even when they finally agreed on it , somehow it's in flux , limbo with weird hangup to slow the pace and milk it further.

And on a more hilarious note , stop giving me new Houses all the time . I believe at one point (but I'm not sure) , we went to one new house , didn't even use it one day , before being offered a new one and moving into it
  4. 3.00 star(s)

mtrkar

So.. this is a tricky one to rate/review. Season 1 (the real one not the imaginary one that Season 2 is based on but we'll get to that) is one of the best VNs I've ever played. The girls are gorgeous and varied, the writing was solid, and the story had heart to it. There was a really good balance of sexy times to story. Then the dev apparently got a lobotomy and made the most epic clusterfuck of a season 2 that's maybe ever been made. It's based of an apparently WILDLY different season 1 that literally doesn't exist and no one will probably ever see. This was incredibly jarring come straight from the end of season 1. Suddenly, you jump from the morning of day 10 to "it's been a month." That's one of many dramatic changes and only the tip of the iceberg of the clusterfuckery you'll experience. *Review 1/5*
  5. 4.00 star(s)

StephanieD

Some times games can be fun or not so fun, or can be the good, the bad,
    or the ugly. This game is one of the good ones, it's about a boy named
    Ethan and he has a girlfriend Jamie and they haven't gone all the way just
    yet, and he also has a best friend who is named Shauna. He is number
    one in basketball and goes to a college where the red carpet
    is rolled out for him, and throughout the game he meets more
    and more women, also his GF decides she wants him to please
    the women that truly deserve him giving him an option for
    open relationship with meaningful girls.

The script is good and the graphics are very nice, the drawings look
    very life like and the bodies are very attractive. So I have decided
    to give the game 4 out of 5 star rating.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6297007

This is quite a divisive game...it goes against convention, it challenges the moral and ethical paths that we are brainwashed and conditioned into following. It's a game that breaks down borders and expands possibilities into areas that are almost 'alien' to us.
    But I like the idea of love without boundaries, rules and regulations, religious monogamy, restrictions that force millions of people to live in loveless marriages and feel guilty if they stray. I've never been a 'free love' guy, but this game creates a universe that is a complete improvement over the one I am currently living in! It's not a perfect universe, but it's an improvement over all the fighting, growing poverty, rising energy bills, inflation bursting food prices that exist in my reality.
    So, this game is my escape and I love it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dzapan

Great game, cool story. I like MC character so much, girls are also awesome. I love Jaimie, Zoe and Bailey. Very nice graphics and animation. Some girls have to big tits for my taste, but its just my preference. I love superstar vibe.
    TL;DR: GOD TIER Harem game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Sepsin

Started out with a very good story but went downhill quick.

It's a harem novel and harem is what you get. Jamie (the girlfriend) literally forces MC to be in a polyamorous relationship and keeps trying to force him into more and more women. There's not a choice when she asks Shauna (the best friend) to be part of it, so she just does and when deciding to be in a relationship with other women aside from her, there are not many "Yes" "No"s, just mostly "Yes" or "Maybe Later".

Even if you decide not build a harem and just stick with the 2 women you can't run away from, all dialog revolves around you being in a harem, even if you are not. People and even the MC himself talk like he's fucking the entire cast and some. Choices matter very little and just unlock more lewd scenes without consequences.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Dessolos

First I just wanted t o start by saying normally I don't like harems games, Yet I enjoyed this alot more than I thought.

TLDR : One of the better harem games out there and that is from someone that doesn't like harems. If you don't think of this game as anything serious but something to enjoy it is quite enjoyable
    Story : Pro's

I read some say it's not good or just average or whatever. While I don't think the story is anything amazing I found it pretty good especially for a harem game. I like how the story always was moving forward despite having issues here and there. It wasn't anything serious and it isn't meant to be something serious. As long as you don't get upset from realism mistakes here and there because it isn't suppose to be a serious story it is quite enjoyable.

Story Con's :
    The main thing I didn't like is how with the main girls it is forced in the story to try and get them pregnant . With the MC being 18 and how early into the Basketball season / his college life at WVM I wish it was a choice and maybe only forced at a later date after some time has passed in the story.

Another thing that felt odd to me but works for the type of game it is. After a certain point in the story basically all the girls want t o magically work for the MC and help him out being part of his support team to help him so he can focus on basketball. The only issue I have with this is majority of them are in college with him.

Character pros :
    Pretty much every character gets some kind of character development which is nice. Iven played games with interesting characters that left me wanting character development especially some harem games.

Character Con's : How the harem is formed doesn't feel very natural to me but forced. Especially as it seems every girl is okay with it. Even the rare ones that show some resistance towards an open relationship dont for very long and the MC doesn't really try to anything to convince them over time they just magically are okay with it. The only other con while I like the 2 main girls you are forced to be with them while every other girl you get a choice.

This is neither a Con or Pro for me but how every girl wants the MC and how the MC is basically good at everything some may not like. But I feel it works in the context of the story and what type of game it is. Because it's suppose to be more of an enjoyable game and not a serious one which t his game pulls off.

Animations : the lewd scenes scenes are pretty damn good maybe not the best but up there. There is alot of them sometimes too often at parts of the story but you know what kind of game this game.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Gallion

I'm not expected something story-wise.
    This is for me the kind of game you play after playing a more deep and dark adult game and you want to cool off with more light stuff and straight to the point of playing those : The adult contents.

So for me, it's deliver in that point, a lot de sex scene with a huge amount of girl, it was a good release, the purpose of the harem game.
    I didn't read the dialogue after the beginning cause it's way too much unrealistic, I rather imagine myself what they say.

The reason was already explain in the negative reviews, Gary Stu/Flawless MC, the GF who became out of nowhere a Cuck, and the repetitive pattern with the conversations with the girls : Puppy Eyes -> Hug -> Kiss -> Sex -> Repeat.

Not a single girl was unatractive to me, but special mention to :
    - Raechel, the physically fictionnal version of Stiffler's mom
    - Zoe, perfect mix between cute and slutty at the same time.
    - Willowbelle, probably the main reason I will check for the update, cause we didn't have the chance to bang her yet. That silver eyes brunette is freakin fine.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Ogma9101

One of the best VN i ever played. I can't wait for what coming next.
    At the beginning i was afraid about the chara design and no sound stuff but it get off my head really fast. the story is entertaining and characters are really attractive. A real good job here
  12. 1.00 star(s)

yang1910

Why is this popular? One of the worst games ive seen on this website. MC is godlike being, guru of some sect and every woman he meets instantly want to fuck and worship him. Don't mind sharing MC with 150 other girls, even encourage it. Too unrealistic even for horny teenagers. Girls with zero personality, plastic bodies and everyone the same.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ProjectPharaoh

This game is absolutely a work of art. The length of each update is just the right amount unlike most games ive played here. I look forward to seeing what more this game will bring tho this is probably no where close to being finished, depending on how Braindrop plans to end it, i would so enjoy a sequel. All in all, excellent work, Braindrop! Keep it up!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

grfgonza

Great story, beautiful women, and I just love the Freckles. I just wonder if Freckles (What I love to call her) is modeled after an actual person? The only thing I hate is having to wait for each release after catching up. I have even gone through the story several times.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

LordMackatron

This is one of my favorite visual novels on this site. I think that the overall story, while NOT great, is good enough for a visual novel in which the MC has a very large harem.

First the good:

The renders are very good. I love the whole "big man on campus, highly ranked recruit, basketball star" aspect of the story. The sex scenes are mostly done well and the animations arevery well done. I love the different characters and the campus does seem to be somewhat alive with the exception of the highly ambitious basketball arena. Plus, I like the fact that most of the game is done in a POV perspective and that the MCs face remains hidden.

Now the bad:

There are a few reasons why I didn't give this game 5 stars. The dialogue has a tendency to be too drawn out and often doesn't really go anywhere except for more sex scenes in a crowded day. If the very large harem aspect was unbelievable enough then the fact that the MC is a basketball star who barely gets to practice and get any sleep makes this even more unrealistic. It's NOT that I'm complaining about all of the sex scenes but there is a way to incorporate all of them without having these very long days. I also don't particularly care for the fact that the MC pretty much hogs all of the women in the game. Every other male charcter looks like simps and assholes. I get that this visual novel is supposed to be a fantasy for men but, there are other ones in which there are paired male and female characters in which the MC doesn't have access to and, in my opinion, it makes the VN seem more realistic.

Overall, this is a very good VN and I can not wait for more updates.I highly recommend this.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

darthcalvin

The MC has all the edge and personality of a 50's sitcom dad and 90% of the dialogue is just the girls saying how great the MC is and then hugging him. For hours on end. I swear man, some of these devs need someone to come in and take a red pen to all the text. Especially when it's bad, as is the case here.

Also it is clearly written by someone who has no idea how big time D1 college athletics operate. Which is fine, and kind of charming to see an outsider's view on the whole thing.

The girls are the highlight here. Different body types and good trans representation for those that want something like that. The story is also a plus. It's very light and has no real stakes but that's fine.

I think it's well worth playing and it could be a lot better with some editing [and more Harper!]
  17. 5.00 star(s)

sinkind

Played it a couple of years ago when story ended in a street fight, skipped some updates to see how things will improve. And boy that was right decision. Dialogues feel better, quantity of content had skyrocketed, and how sex scenes are made are on a different level. And the best part is that we actually get our buff tomboy buddy Skye as a kinda-LI with a good amount of scenes and amazing sex.
    MC's horse dick still looks a bit off but since he's tall mf and most of the girls are <170 it can slide.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

cpwhite444

Its a really good game when updated. The basketball aspect, big man on campus has a broad appeal, the girls renders while bodies look mazing the duck lips leave a bit to be desired. Overall I would say this is one of the better games that I've played as long as the content is continually produced.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

DeezNutz7734

Love it or Hate it... That's what I've seen about this game more often than not. I love it, renders, sex, animations, all... Quick fast and easy sex game that sometimes is good to have available, variety is the spice of life, sometimes you want a slow burner, sometimes you just want to just get down and dirty, and this is definitely not a slow burner. ;) Only reason it doesn't get 5 stars from me... No Sound, no ambient sound, no music, no effects sounds, nada!
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Simian75

As the number of 1 or 5 star reviews suggest, WVM is a very marmite kind of game, one you either love or hate. You basically play as Basketball Jesus. With a couple of exceptions, pretty much every single woman you meet (and you are going to meet a lot of women) wants to have sex with you just the very instant that they lay eyes on you. Every single one of them is going to be 100% ok with you having sex with them, all their female friends, all their female relatives, and anyone else that catches your eye, because you are so amazingly super-duper it would be unfair on all the women you weren't having sex with if any of the ones you were banging had a problem with it.

All the men in the game are either gay, related to one of the girls you are involved with, moustache-twirling villains, or in some other contrived way zero threat to you and your legion of adoring followers. In short WVM is, even by AVN standards, a completely over the top power fantasy, with added basketball. When you aren't having sex with one or more of the dozens of women in your harem, they will be telling you (at length) how fantastic you are, and how honoured they are to be able to spread their legs for you at the drop of a hat. When that isn't happening, either you will be playing (or talking about playing) basketball, or drama will be occurring. So much drama.

Looks wise, it's alright. The environments are actually pretty good. What animation there is is serviceable. I play most games muted so I can't really speak to the sound. The girls are ok once you get past the fact that they all look like they are about to burst into tears all the time. Whilst you are railroaded into having one or two main LI's, if they don't do it for you there is enough variety within your harem that there should be at least one girl that floats your boat.

So with all that why 3 out of 5? Well it's not a top tier game, not even close, but I don't think it is as bad as some people make it out to be. It is clearly a bit of a passion project (made by someone whose chief passions would seem to be having sex with every woman in the world, and basketball, in that order). Once you get into it WVM has a oddly compelling quality; like watching a really trashy movie, or slow motion videos of people falling off skateboards. I would say that it is worth a download if the subject matter appeals and you are happy to overlook a lot of the contrivances that are required to make the plot work. Love it or loathe it, you will quickly know where you stand.