karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
oh he can tease it all he wants the problem is when he goes "haha fucking idoits of course theres no content for them don't be stupid"

thats the issue he blatantly used to lure in the incest crowd and did a bait and switch at the last moment so of course that people that came here expecting incest got really upset. but he blames them for thinking there was any incest... which is stupid of course they thought there would because that was the sole intention of adding it in the teasing spending significant amount of time on them like several updates it was all to make the incest crowd believe that was a thing that was going to happen so honestly BD as no one but himself to blame for the backlash that happen

myself i don't care about incest but it sure as hell bugs me that several updates are wasted on characters that we can't touch
Part of this goes back to when BD still posted in this forum. His answer back then was the incest would only happen if an "evil modder" were to do it. He teased about that for a while. You can interpret that as him teasing that he would do it on the sly, or that he was just trolling even harder. Just do a search for "evil modder" in this thread. It goes on for years.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Let‘s be honest, this is going to be like all the previous releases. BD is going to ‚work in the background‘ , prepare a couple of releases and act as if he‘s back on track until the prepared content runs out. Rinse and repeat.
If the next excuse that comes out is that he's found some new assets that will make the boat trip "so much better", and has to be delayed to update with the new art assets...yeah, we're in Groundhog Day mode.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Part of this goes back to when BD still posted in this forum. His answer back then was the incest would only happen if an "evil modder" were to do it. He teased about that for a while. You can interpret that as him teasing that he would do it on the sly, or that he was just trolling even harder. Just do a search for "evil modder" in this thread. It goes on for years.

oh i know, thats why i'm saying he only brought this on himself

Reactions: notBatman747

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
If the next excuse that comes out is that he's found some new assets that will make the boat trip "so much better", and has to be delayed to update with the new art assets...yeah, we're in Groundhog Day mode.
Well, his deadline for Chapter 12 was tomorrow so we've got ~24 hours until we find out. My guess is we'll get another dev update saying "soon."

Jun 26, 2023
I'm not holding my breath. But it's all good, I got UFC to watch tomorrow anyways! Any of you guys fellow UFC (Or MMA in general) and/or Combat sport fans?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
oh he can tease it all he wants the problem is when he goes "haha fucking idoits of course theres no content for them don't be stupid"

thats the issue he blatantly used to lure in the incest crowd and did a bait and switch at the last moment so of course that people that came here expecting incest got really upset. but he blames them for thinking there was any incest... which is stupid of course they thought there would because that was the sole intention of adding it in the teasing spending significant amount of time on them like several updates it was all to make the incest crowd believe that was a thing that was going to happen so honestly BD as no one but himself to blame for the backlash that happen

myself i don't care about incest but it sure as hell bugs me that several updates are wasted on characters that we can't touch
The teasing incest, which he has done from the start as you say, is more to do with him being a contrarian than anything.

No incest? Here are some scenes when MC and Azel basically makeout. Her and other other related characters function as harem members, just without explicit sex.
Duck lips? All the girls do duck lips all the time and get more ducky as the game progressed.
Body proportions? All the girls get more and more curvy. Slowly turning into bimbo's.
Too many characters? Adds more characters. And then more. And now he's literally naming them random colors and numbers.

He likes to tease and often does the opposite of what people say they want.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Duck lips? All the girls do duck lips all the time and get more ducky as the game progressed.
I think that's because everyone started calling the main gf 'Duckface' and BD was upset and decided to give all the girls that type of face. So, blame them. He also coded it into the game itself so if you try to name her that, you'd get a screen where Shawna is comforting her and they're both crying. So, again, blame them.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think that's because everyone started calling the main gf 'Duckface' and BD was upset and decided to give all the girls that type of face. So, blame them. He also coded it into the game itself so if you try to name her that, you'd get a screen where Shawna is comforting her and they're both crying. So, again, blame them.
Calling Jamie duckface was an ongoing joke that fans of the game took part in. The Cult of Bailey, myself, and many others. Even BD himself sometimes. This dates all the way back to when the game first started.

He did that stuff to troll and be a contrarian. Both as a laugh for fans of the game, and people who legitimately didn't like the duckfaces.

He didn't have to let the forum impact the game, but he did, because he thought it was funny.

Looking back, it was probably a red flag that was missed. If you're serious about your game, letting this forum have impact on it's development isn't a good idea. Even if 90% of the duckface comments were good-natured back then.

And even more so, probably shows that he didn't expect the game to get this popular. The duckface stuff started back when this thread only had like 50 pages of comments. It blew up out of seemingly nowhere and, well, now we're here.

The bold: He actually got that idea from someone here.
That's actually such a good idea. If I ever have some free time I'll absolutely do it. :ROFLMAO:
:sneaky:

Also I don't take it personally at all. I just like to poke fun back at it. Like I'll threaten to ban people in my discord if they say it... but I never actually would. (Don't tell them that :))
Now that's not to say that I enjoy it, but I know you're just having fun with it.

There are some people who take it a little too far... like if every one of your posts here include it or you were to constantly bring it up and joke about it. Then it would get a bit annoying. There's also the people who say very nice things to me here or in dms and then go into other threads or discords and shit talk my characters. But you're not one of those.

Reactions: karumi56

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Calling Jamie duckface was an ongoing joke that fans of the game took part in. The Cult of Bailey, myself, and many others. Even BD himself sometimes. This dates all the way back to when the game first started.

He did that stuff to troll and be a contrarian. Both as a laugh for fans of the game, and people who legitimately didn't like the duckfaces.

He didn't have to let the forum impact the game, but he did, because he thought it was funny.

Looking back, it was probably a red flag that was missed. If you're serious about your game, letting this forum have impact on it's development isn't a good idea. Even if 90% of the duckface comments were good-natured back then.

And even more so, probably shows that he didn't expect the game to get this popular. The duckface stuff started back when this thread only had like 50 pages of comments. It blew up out of seemingly nowhere and, well, now we're here.

The bold: He actually got that idea from someone here.
But he did take it personally. Start a new game and try and rename her to that.

Easylovin84

Jul 2, 2022
It's also possible that he is just a garbage tier dev. Below average writing, average at best renders, and I don't know that he has ever hit a release date he set after year 1. He sure is unlucky though everything bad that can happen happens to him. Luckily though this is just his hobby and not a real job. About him being a contrarian, he can afford to be a petty little bitch because he gained popularity early and those die-hard guys will continue to support him. I'm kind of embarrassed that we are both Steelers fans :)

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
So are you guys ready for another lame ass excuse for an update delay again this week? Definitely going to be some premium BS coming from NutDrop tomorrow I say slightly before the expected update or slightly after it was supposed to be released that's his usual m.o.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Disrespect is the way it's said. Whether true or not. Eh. Fuck it. I don't really give two shits. But if you guys don't like it, why stick around a thread talking shit?
Some people get really obsessed with some games others are pissed that devs like this are making so much cash for what they see as doing nothing because they want that too. (I mean who wouldn't) Me personally? I don't give a shit how slow it is I'm not paying and there are so many other vns/games here this one doesn't matter to me that much. I guess the comments are entertaining if nothing else.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Disrespect is the way it's said. Whether true or not. Eh. Fuck it. I don't really give two shits. But if you guys don't like it, why stick around a thread talking shit?
It's a pointless endeavor, there's even mods and other devs that shit talk in here. Super frustrating.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Some people get really obsessed with some games others are pissed that devs like this are making so much cash for what they see as doing nothing because they want that too. (I mean who wouldn't) Me personally? I don't give a shit how slow it is I'm not paying and there are so many other vns/games here this one doesn't matter to me that much. I guess the comments are entertaining if nothing else.
Agreed. I haven't played this since Shawna's date got ruined. But from time to time I pop in and all I see is so much vitriol towards the dev. I think I'll probably stay out from now on.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes