Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
HOW MUCH LONGER FOR THE NEXT DAMN UPDATE. This is one of my Fav VNs but having to wait over 3 months between updates is Bullshit. Shit im still waiting on the rework of days 1 - 31 {!!!!!!!!!! W T F !!!!!!!!!!!}
Only 3 Months? Pretty sure there was supposed to be a big update end of last year. But hey, we´ll talk again when he hits another "2 years without an update" mark ;)

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
So by the looks of it, he's delayed the post about the delays to the update? I'm kinda hoping for a fresh and humorous excuse this time around. Sure the classics are good for a chuckle... but I am craving something fresh.

talonx4

May 16, 2019
So by the looks of it, he's delayed the post about the delays to the update? I'm kinda hoping for a fresh and humorous excuse this time around. Sure the classics are good for a chuckle... but I am craving something fresh.
"My assistant Mackenzie found this stray kitten. She is always helping animals and has a good heart. She brought it over to my house while we were finishing the update. Right before I could publish the update, the kitten fell out of my office window and broke its leg. I heroically splinted the cats leg and we ran it to a 24 hour animal hospital three states over because it is the best one money can buy. Now Mackenzie and I are nursing this cat back to health. Slow delay, i know, but I just can't leave the poor little kitten hanging. He needs help and I feel somewhat responsible. Needless to say, taking care of the poor little kitten is taking up a lot of time and resources. I will need to un-pause the patreon page so I can cover the expensive medical bills for this kitten. I have great news next week for you though! Stay tuned! P.S. Its Samanthas birthday tomorrow. You all remember her right? You saw one render in it with her in the background. Wish Sammy a happy birthday! Much love - Braindead."

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Why the fuck would he give himself a deadline again, he is the GOAT of setting his own deadlines and then not meeting them
:LUL:
Now come on... we don't really know what month he was talking about, I mean sure, Typically when someone types "This Month" you think it means the current month of the year that you are in, but for all we know he could have has his finger pointing to a calendar of May 2036 when he typed that...

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Now come on... we don't really know what month he was talking about, I mean sure, Typically when someone types "This Month" you think it means the current month of the year that you are in, but for all we know he could have has his finger pointing to a calendar of May 2036 when he typed that...
We were promised Episode 13 on October 31st in Dev Report #25, we're on pace for that at least.

Dev Report #25 (October 14th, 2023)

Yo!

So, not going to waste any time.
The update will not be today and as a result, I will be pausing pledges for November.
Let's talk about when it will be released.

So, I bit off more than I could chew. This update has expanded to a point where I've fallen into some old issues and I'm struggling with finalizing it. Namely with making the scenes flow into each other.
So, as I have no interest in falling back into the headspace I was in half a year ago... I'm going to do the same thing I did to get out of my situation back then before I'm actually there.
I'm splitting this update into two parts to help make it easier for me to finalize mentally. One 400 render update to be released on the 19th. And one 300 render update to be released on the 24th. And then episode 13 will be released on the 31st. Each of these releases will be tiered by an hour. (So it unlocks for a lower tier every hour instead of the usual 24 hours)
I do deeply apologize for taking this much time and failing my goal. I take full responsibility for the lack of updates recently as it has been a result of poor planning and execution on my end.

I do plan on achieving the remainder of the goals I set for October.

With that said... it brings me to something I've wanted to speak on for a few weeks now. It doesn't take a mathematician to realize that the 52/52 isn't going to plan. So I want to talk about it.
The 52/52 started as a way to help relieve me of my release anxiety and to get content out in a consistent way. I set the goal of 100 renders a week and I had the mindset of pretty much just releasing whatever I was able to make in a week.
Well, the issue with that has been the releasing whatever I've made. I've really struggled with releasing something just to release it. I feel shitty putting something out that I don't feel is worth downloading and playing yet. I tried to solve one issue by drastically going in the opposite direction.
Which is why I took extra time on almost all of the releases so far. I wanted the scene with Bailey and Rainn to be played all at once, I was having fun with the Skye scene and wanted to expand it, I wanted to have all of the traveling to Florida at once.
Essentially I just want to put out a fun experience and I know most of you guys would have fun even if those were all segmented throughout weeks but there's just something about it that has irked me that I thought wouldn't.
It's just time for me to accept that this isn't the answer to my issue.
So... something has to change but I don't want anything drastic. I know I struggle with larger releases so I'm really not interested in going back to that. I feel like the easiest compromise is just to release scenes as they are completed. I categorize scenes essentially as events. So for instance the events listed in the image would all count as a scene.
Sometimes scenes will be shorter though I don't think I'd bother releasing anything under 100 renders, sometimes they'll be in the 250-ish range.
I feel this is the easiest way to fix my current issue. The main goal is still 100 renders a week and to release the equivalent of that in whatever time allotment I have to finish a scene.

But yeah, that's all I have to share for the moment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
As always, thank you all so much for everything and please take care.
Spread some love and have a wonderful week everyone!
Sorry for the ping

Apr 30, 2023
2036??Damn will we be here then??who knows

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
We were promised Episode 13 on October 31st in Dev Report #25, we're on pace for that at least.

Sorry for the ping
1719222614487.png

Dont worry, he is losing his braindead followers so he will once again throw them a bone and those idiots will be back supporting him. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

soo many devs put blood sweat and tears into thier games and we get spergs downvoting those games for stupidest reasons and gatekeeping others from playing them and on the other hand we have this

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Eh, disagree there. MtC and WVM are just doing different things, not really a fair comparison (to either).
Of course they are different and on different paths ... but nah on some aspects it's fair . Both used a sport as a hook and concept , but one straight up lie about it and ditches it , the other still uses it as a core component of its story :p

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes