LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
In my experience greedy people never make excuses for why they're ripping you off.

Not that I feel ripped off, I'll just wait until an update drops and if one never comes oh well plenty of other fish in the sea.
Greedy people are the BEST at making excuses.

How many "developers" suffer from mental illness? Have physical health problems? Can't find an internet connection? Have their work suddenly disappears? Someone close to them dies? Need to relocate elsewhere?

All of those excuses multiples times in the year to justify the lack of work each month BUT certainly not the lack of payment!

They are shameless because they know it works, people on Patreon are too retarded to unsubscribe. There is no insensitive for them to work when people keep paying them monthly for nothing so they adapt to the system and stop working while collecting retard people money.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
In my experience greedy people never make excuses for why they're ripping you off.

Not that I feel ripped off, I'll just wait until an update drops and if one never comes oh well plenty of other fish in the sea.
Uh ? In the world of gaming especially , it's all the greediest publishers and devs do . Among many examples from them and others , did you not see recently Ubisoft going on about their latest game "Skulls and Bones" (which is crap btw) being worth 70 dollars because it's AAAA , a game that can't even provide 1/3 of the experience from its 11 years old predecessor ?

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
at least ubisoft work in 100 proyects at the same time and finish 99 % of them but this guy here is the "THE UNETHYCAL GOD"
he comes first always he comes on top always he laugh at us always and when someone says some bad word to him pff ungrateful ,childish,and the anti hero of the unethyc work.......other devs who you think are worst they aren't ,they are taking notes about him......if he only didnt say 52 in 52......a shame

blackstar42

Aug 20, 2017
so does greed
Imma be the Devil's advocate here just for a second. If it was just greed, wouldn't it be in his best interest to continue making the game? Constant, quality updates is what got people to the table to begin with. Just "Greed" isn't the answer here, unless he is secretly working on a separate project on a completely separate Patreon, and half-assing two (or more) games at the same time and collecting multiple Patreon paychecks.

• Sad
Reactions: LordSinner

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Imma be the Devil's advocate here just for a second. If it was just greed, wouldn't it be in his best interest to continue making the game? Constant, quality updates is what got people to the table to begin with. Just "Greed" isn't the answer here, unless he is secretly working on a separate project on a completely separate Patreon, and half-assing two (or more) games at the same time and collecting multiple Patreon paychecks.
Yeah, just greed doesn't sound right. Laziness is more like it. If he expects to get X payout for Y effort, but realized he can still get 25% of X for 1% of Y, then the path of least effort still ends up being lucrative.

blackstar42

Aug 20, 2017
I believe he got hit with burnout. He was putting so much content weekly in the beginning that he was probably working like 16 hour days for that much. Either that, or he had a huge backlog before he started posting the game.

But he can't walk away now, because that's his passive income source now (lol)

• Sad
Reactions: LordSinner

starthrow

Jul 27, 2021
The only thing that makes sense to me is that he said a season 1 rework would be done by early 2023, and a year later it still isn't here. He's been releasing content for season 2 at a steady albeit often delayed pace in the meantime. Perhaps he's simultaneously reworking season 1 while releasing content for season 2, and getting burned out doing it.
I don't really think there's too much of a greed factor in play, since I'd be willing to bet that he's lost a lot of subscribers over the last 1-2 years, and he hasn't changed the way he does anything in order to retain them or win them back, and he keeps pausing the monthly payments when things don't work out.

Maybe I'm being too much of an optimist, I don't know.

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
The only thing that makes sense to me is that he said a season 1 rework would be done by early 2023, and a year later it still isn't here. He's been releasing content for season 2 at a steady albeit often delayed pace in the meantime. Perhaps he's simultaneously reworking season 1 while releasing content for season 2, and getting burned out doing it.
I don't really think there's too much of a greed factor in play, since I'd be willing to bet that he's lost a lot of subscribers over the last 1-2 years, and he hasn't changed the way he does anything in order to retain them or win them back, and he keeps pausing the monthly payments when things don't work out.

Let's not get into his work and whatnot, everyone has their opinion and posts about it, same with the pauses (there was someone mentioned that as he posted an unpause happened and he was charged. Not sure how that works, so I don't wanna go into that).

For the sub count, it actually increased over the last year. Even from last month if you check this graph and what his patreon shows currently:
1708777788538.png

starthrow

Jul 27, 2021
Let's not get into his work and whatnot, everyone has their opinion and posts about it, same with the pauses (there was someone mentioned that as he posted an unpause happened and he was charged. Not sure how that works, so I don't wanna go into that).

For the sub count, it actually increased over the last year. Even from last month if you check this graph and what his patreon shows currently:
View attachment 3382151
I stand corrected.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

View attachment 3382151
Must be the favourite game of BME Pain Olympics survivors cause nobody in their right mind who still has their balls attached would pay this clown.

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023

Yeah i don't really buy that line of argument . I'm quite cynical , so i read it as a ploy usually . That kind of decision buy you more leeway and future goodwill , if you're calculating . Of course people are going to assume that you're legit if you pause "and lose money" . When in reality , you already received a sizeable afflux on money for the work you didn't deliver months ahead of deciding to pause . And then you're convincing others of your good nature , so will receive more subs whenever you remove the pause . Then rinse and repeat

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfeszorn

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
Must be the favourite game of BME Pain Olympics survivors cause nobody in their right mind who still has their balls attached would pay this clown.
Agree with you, but sadly, patreon numbers don't really lie. And I also remember the the last time I checked his numbers, he was in the early 3000s, and now over 3,7k.
So he either
1) found a different platform, where not that many people are critisizing him
2) not that many people here actually read comments or just dont care and want to pay him as they like the game
3) managed to worm himself into a masochistic group and encouraged them to be part of his circle as they will definitely suffer.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Agree with you, but sadly, patreon numbers don't really lie. And I also remember the the last time I checked his numbers, he was in the early 3000s, and now over 3,7k.
So he either
1) found a different platform, where not that many people are critisizing him
2) not that many people here actually read comments or just dont care and want to pay him as they like the game
3) managed to worm himself into a masochistic group and encouraged them to be part of his circle as they will definitely suffer.
Tbh I think another part of that is that BrainDead fans just don't come here no more. Every few weeks we get some clown defending this dog fucker but they're getting less and less common. Doesn't mean he doesn't have fans, just means they don't insert themselves into our discussion about what a lying pos garbage dev he is as much anymore.

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes