DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
Dev has good intentions, I'd rather have a quirky game than no game at all. Following.

Hell the art even reminds me of those dating sim flash games back in the day, name escapes me.
The game you talking about is probably simgirls, super classic!

Reactions: ScottyLQ

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
The game you talking about is probably simgirls, super classic!
That's the one! I never beat it, but then again I think it was probably never finished. There was another one called... Ganguro Girl I think, that one was good also.

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
That's the one! I never beat it, but then again I think it was probably never finished. There was another one called... Ganguro Girl I think, that one was good also.
If I remember well many years after the original game a team completed it and put on kongregate or any other of these sites. Ganguro girls i didn't play, but i tried a lot of weird japanese sim games for DOS (yes i'm old)

Reactions: Ghostload

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Wow, this dev managed to add Boom Boom and Wanda before Oni could even just decide for himself instead of posting a poll and getting sidetracked with nonsense...

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
Wow, this dev managed to add Boom Boom and Wanda before Oni could even just decide for himself instead of posting a poll and getting sidetracked with nonsense...
Haha yes! This is one of the reasons I opted for a more simplistic aproach, this way i'll be able to include even more obscure characters of the animation, like Vyper and Callisto (with limited interactions, like Wolfsbane, already in the game)

Ps.: I love the Oni's game, and understand the heavy text/simulator side and animations make it very difficult to include new options and characters (and appreciate a lot the work of the mod community)

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Ps.: I love the Oni's game, and understand the heavy text/simulator side and animations make it very difficult to include new options and characters (and appreciate a lot the work of the mod community)
I think it has more to do with Oni being code retarded an artist first and a coder last. But yeah, interesting how sometimes sacrificing making a game look AMAAAZING is actually the path to a better and more complete game. Just sort of counter-intuitive on this site since significant portion of any game on here is visual... and most games aren't being made fo' free!

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
I think it has more to do with Oni being code retarded an artist first and a coder last. But yeah, interesting how sometimes sacrificing making a game look AMAAAZING is actually the path to a better and more complete game. Just sort of counter-intuitive on this site since significant portion of any game on here is visual... and most games aren't being made fo' free!
Yeah, it's a strategy that wouldn't work for paid games or if the developer is counting on a high Patreon return. I trying to balance new mechanics, new characters and general improvements at each update, kinda to show the development and keep me motivated with this hobby, but if it was a paid game, I wouldn't show it until much closer the completion

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
waiting for a mac version in the unforeseeable future
In fact i have the packages for Mac and Linux, just don't have how to test or give specific suport, but you can give a try:
MAC:
Linux:

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
I appreciate the dedication to Evo specifically, it was always my favorite version of X-Men
Thanks! Evo was really the best, too bad they canceled with so few seasons, I really wanted to see more characters and arcs in that style

DenriMutant

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
I'm putting this game on hold for now... My real life projects are consuming all my time, next semester I'll reavulate if i going to return or shut down the development. Thank you all for following this journey!

These are the characters that I was working for next update.
Ororo would be a event character and a boss fight. Xavier is only a npc (no, you can't fuck him haha). Laura would be a event character along with Viper (not here because she is in very early stage)

Goodbye for now_.png