RMSR

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2017
banner_full.png

Overview:
After a long and bloody war, the armies of the southern demonic realm known as Dhul'Maō has finally been defeated by the Free Races. The 4th Demon King lies dead at last, his Obsidian Throne ruined and without heir. The proud cambion race, children of man and fiend, has been almost wiped out, and their homeland conquered by man, el and ör. An age of liberty and peace has prospered for centuries since the fall of the 4th, yet the inherent corruption of the land is starting to show the cracks of society, as old wounds reopen, and conflicts reignite.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2019-07-05
Release Date: 2019-06-14
Developer: RMSR
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.0 - Back to School
Language: English

Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All
: - -

Screenshot_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Oh ffs... just put the intro on screen and let us move on to the next page with a button or whatever. Not everyone reads like, "The... big... dog... jumped... over... the... little... cat..."

Also "Choosing CON or STR makes this fight a lot easier" By easier do you mean winnable? Cause it sure as hell isn't otherwise which begs the question... why let us choose? Demon has 20 hp and you do 2 points to it per hit. It does 3 to you and you have 8. Do the math.

Last edited:

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
The story sounds interesting. The question is how are the pictures and how evil can you be?

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Oh ffs... just put the intro on screen and let us move on to the next page with a button or whatever. Not everyone reads like, "The... big... dog... jumped... over... the... little... cat..."

Also "Choosing CON or STR makes this fight a lot easier" By easier do you mean winnable? Cause it sure as hell isn't otherwise which begs the question... why let us choose? Demon has 20 hp and you do 2 points to it per hit. It does 3 to you and you have 8. Do the math.
Endure is a heal. Listed in the changelog. Not that obvious, true.

RMSR

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. The display speed was indeed a thing I wasn't so sure about. I tried to set it to the average reading speed, but I'll probably either shorten the intervals or replace it with links.

Now, as for the fight. The combat is winnable with either stat as it is merely a system test. You can cheese it simply by using Endure to restore your HP and then Struggle to attack. Doing the math, you'll always inevitably win (y) It is a very simple combat as it's just there to test the system's skeleton. I'll be adding damage randomization and other features later.

The story sounds interesting. The question is how are the pictures and how evil can you be?
The pictures are very few as this is a very early version where I've built the mainframe for the game. If you're a fan of reading however, there's 4 scenes with one NPC which vary according to where you meet her, your sex and your choices for a total of 20 variations. As for how evil you can be, the story progression is locked behind how corrupted and evil you become. Right now, you have a single domination scene in which you do act rather evil. Coincidentally, it's the scene that has the pictures.

Reactions: cumsniper

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Well I didn't make it a full day. I got exhausted, bought access to a common room to rest -- where I got robbed and didn't recover my endurance -- which means I can't work to buy access to the common room so I can't rest to regain endurance. This early you really can't be evil (no choices this early) and no pictures displayed so I can't comment on the art style.

From what I've seen it looks more than slightly grindy -- a knife costs 200 copper, a stay in the common room costs 10 copper and an hour of work nets 2 copper.

Boobman4424

Oct 22, 2018
13.9 MB more like a teaser opening then anything else, i look forward to playing it when it gets more content.

Reactions: mathias

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
My second attempt ended as inauspiciously as my first. This time, I found the academy and studied at the library (which costs endurance) for a while before heading to the dormitories - where I was informed for the first time that I had to pay to sleep. Of course, you start with no money and since I only had a few endurance left, I couldn't actually raise the 10 copper necessary to recover endurance so I couldn't recover enough endurance to earn enough money to recover endurance.

Since I can work at most 7 hours a day earning 14 copper, and each night costs 10 copper, I don't think I have the stomach to earn the 1,000s it seems necessary to progress.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Thank you for the feedback. The display speed was indeed a thing I wasn't so sure about. I tried to set it to the average reading speed, but I'll probably either shorten the intervals or replace it with links.

Now, as for the fight. The combat is winnable with either stat as it is merely a system test. You can cheese it simply by using Endure to restore your HP and then Struggle to attack. Doing the math, you'll always inevitably win (y) It is a very simple combat as it's just there to test the system's skeleton. I'll be adding damage randomization and other features later.

The pictures are very few as this is a very early version where I've built the mainframe for the game. If you're a fan of reading however, there's 4 scenes with one NPC which vary according to where you meet her, your sex and your choices for a total of 20 variations. As for how evil you can be, the story progression is locked behind how corrupted and evil you become. Right now, you have a single domination scene in which you do act rather evil. Coincidentally, it's the scene that has the pictures.
Yes the display speed is a bit slow, and it wasn't clear that space would advance the text. Clicking the mouse doesn't seem to do it. It would help if you have a quest list or something. Because right now I'm totally lost as to what to do. All I can do is move boxes and then sleep on tables.

As for how evil will you get, what I meant is how dark are you willing to write the plot to be. There is nothing worst than a half assed evil character.

RMSR

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2017
My second attempt ended as inauspiciously as my first. This time, I found the academy and studied at the library (which costs endurance) for a while before heading to the dormitories - where I was informed for the first time that I had to pay to sleep. Of course, you start with no money and since I only had a few endurance left, I couldn't actually raise the 10 copper necessary to recover endurance so I couldn't recover enough endurance to earn enough money to recover endurance.

Since I can work at most 7 hours a day earning 14 copper, and each night costs 10 copper, I don't think I have the stomach to earn the 1,000s it seems necessary to progress.
Perhaps I should make things more clear on how to get around? I don't like spoiling, but since you seem to be struggling I'll help you out. If you find Eve, she'll give you a place to sleep for free. She wanders around the Academy so depending on the time she'll on a different spot. If you don't find her, you can sleep at the plaza's benches, though it'll cost you HP. You can heal yourself at the clinic for free. Once you've got that, you can do a side quest in the Transmutation classroom. It'll require a min of 10 INT/WIS/CHA and 12 on any stat except CON. You can raise your STR at the warehouse simply by working and your INT studying at the library. Do and deliver the quest and you'll get 20 SP for your troubles. The game isn't grindy as I personally hate grind. There are and will be simple ways to achieve results.

Yes the display speed is a bit slow, and it wasn't clear that space would advance the text. Clicking the mouse doesn't seem to do it. It would help if you have a quest list or something. Because right now I'm totally lost as to what to do. All I can do is move boxes and then sleep on tables.

As for how evil will you get, what I meant is how dark are you willing to write the plot to be. There is nothing worst than a half assed evil character.
Thank you very much for the feedback, the Quest idea is a very good one, I'll likely add it to the Codex, probably the title screen. If you're lost go the Academy, that is where most of the content is, I also recommend the Version History menu on the left as it will likely answer other doubts you may have.

The PC will be anywhere between benevolent dictator and sadistic psycho, but it will never be a good person. Don't worry, I hate those sort of "evil" characters myself. The general idea is that you'll literally kill or fuck and corrupt your way to the City hall, and then to the Throne of the country. Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as "suitably dark" for you?

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
The PC will be anywhere between benevolent dictator and sadistic psycho, but it will never be a good person. Don't worry, I hate those sort of "evil" characters myself. The general idea is that you'll literally kill or fuck and corrupt your way to the City hall, and then to the Throne of the country. Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as "suitably dark" for you?
There are different ways you can go, it all depends on the writing. You can be psychopathic, or goal driven. I guess it would help if you spell out what kind of fetishes are you willing to write.

D

Deleted member 1375282

interesting game.. alright lets try this :D

Sanito

Jul 15, 2017
Holy shit get rid of that slow text fade in. I felt like I was waiting like 2 full minutes between paragraphs

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
I figured out that "Endure" meant heal yourself, yes. Most would have called it "recover" or "recharge" or even simply "heal". Endure sounds more like the "defend" command present in most of these turn based combat games. Where you take half damage in place of attacking. I'd consider something with a little more indication of what will happen if used.

Sere

May 15, 2017
Before I download this game, can you please answer these questions?
1. Do you corrupt and change NPCs, or do you just make them submit?
2. Down the line, can you make a kingdom according to your own rules? I mean, if you're a tyrant, it will be a place of pain and sorrow, and if you're perverted, it will be a haven of lust and debauchery.
3. How much can you corrupt NPCs, just mentally, or both physically and mentally?

Reactions: Tinuss