VN Unity Abandoned Yellow Family [v0.2.101] [BudaCoca]

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
How much is there to do, emphasis on DO
Not much, just the intro and two unfinished events. Please wait to future releases :)

I didn't wanted to put a time waste mechanics like...
-Work A LOT, then buy something, then repeat(you do it but fast and in the future you will earn money without working based on choices)
-Buy/Eat food(it doesn't make any sense)
-Go to school/work every day except weekend

Next version(0.2.70) it's focused in adding character for conversations in color, next ones will be more focused on content and features, 0.3 might be a good start point

now that Lisa is all grown up can we expect Maggie as well :coldsweat:
Sure, she will come back home in future versions(she's in some university right now)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I shall withhold DL'ing and making snarky comments until there is at least some "goodies", but I will say- that is one mighty fine version of "Lisa". :)
Keeping on eye on this one.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Its like the Dev couldn't decide whether he wanted to make Simpsons characters, or normal people, so he decided to split the difference and just make them all have jaundice.
download.jpg

Reactions: DavidTurner

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
Hmm, the first post and title keeps referring to me as "SNTdev", it's weird because the OP itself added the new link with the current name "BudaCoca" :coldsweat:
I shall withhold DL'ing and making snarky comments until there is at least some "goodies", but I will say- that is one mighty fine version of "Lisa". :)
Keeping on eye on this one.
Elisa was the first character we did, she was the most expensive character due all the tests and variations, but it was totally worth it, i love how she turned out

Yeah, i also recommend to wait a little bit, when i published it initially was as a "concept"(and still the same way), but it spread like it was a "real" game on download sites, many ppl were disappointed when they played it because it wasn't specified on those websites

The main reason for me to keep publishing versions, even when it needs so much to be done, it's to show ppl i keep working on it, i know isn't good yet as a game but i'm on it, this also helps me because it puts on me in a little bit of pressure, just enough to force myself to do what must be done to finish the next build without waiting for a "perfect solution", i just put something that works and improve it later if it's needed

plz guys tell me r the sex scene animated or image?
Well,there's no sex scenes yet, the closest thing it's a handjob... using sketch images

That part has variations on some images emulating movement in a very basic way, like other games do

Its like the Dev couldn't decide whether he wanted to make Simpsons characters, or normal people, so he decided to split the difference and just make them all have jaundice.
It's like you're trying to make a joke without realizing that the yellow of the original characters fits better your claims

The colors must be revised anyway because there are some differences in styles and tones betweem them, Jessy and Marj has a weird tone when all should be similar to Elisa

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It's like you're trying to make a joke without realizing that the yellow of the original characters fits better your claims

The colors must be revised anyway because there are some differences in styles and tones betweem them, Jessy and Marj has a weird tone when all should be similar to Elisa
What i'm saying is that if you're gonna do Simpsons, do Simpsons; not some halfway in between pale yellow things. In my opinion its not attractive at all.

Reactions: BudaCoca

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
What i'm saying is that if you're gonna do Simpsons, do Simpsons; not some halfway in between pale yellow things. In my opinion its not attractive at all.
Edit: I think it looks good this way, many ppl like it but that doesn't mean it could look as good or even better with other tones. I keep thinking about it

Edit2: Took me some time to change my mind but i'm gonna do a test with different tone just to see how it looks, i'm also looking forward to work with other artists

Reactions: luisar018

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Edit: I think it looks good this way, many ppl like it but that doesn't mean it could look as good or even better with other tones. I keep thinking about it

Edit2: Took me some time to change my mind but i'm gonna do a test with different tone just to see how it looks, i'm also looking forward to work with other artists
They need to make it to where edits to reply's sends an alert. Anyway how did the test end up?

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
They need to make it to where edits to reply's sends an alert. Anyway how did the test end up?
I did a little comparative so i can know your opinion, what tone do you guys like the most?

(1-6), the first it's the current tone

toneslisa.png

Also in my patreon, there you can see it over white background:

Reactions: luisar018

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
I think i'm gonna have to go with 4, 6 coming in a close second.
Okay, thanks, here's Round 2:

toneslisa2.png

Now the shadow tone and light tone are tuned separately, in some the difference it's bigger than others, let me know if you prefer a shadow tone from one option and a light one from another one

This situation remind me...

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Okay, thanks, here's Round 2:

View attachment 143303

Now the shadow tone and light tone are tuned separately, in some the difference it's bigger than others, let me know if you prefer a shadow tone from one option and a light one from another one

This situation remind me...
6 definitely pops out the most with 1 retaining the look from the originals, but in a good way.

Reactions: BudaCoca

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
0.2.80/81 it's available, a general improvement, no new story but i'm proud of the improvement on jessica's last event.

I'm thinking a lot about things i can include in the next version, any suggestions? it needs content and things to do, some entertaining and funny mechanic that can fill the player's time, it's so easy to create random jobs/study during all day but, how can it be funny? The only thing i have for sure for next version it's breast expansion scene showing it, i can't waste such a beautiful moment

Link for 0.2.81:

Release Notes v.0.2.81:
-Quick bugfix, image corrections

Release Notes v.0.2.80:
-Removed Unity analytics(not used)
-Added Supporters list at the start of the game
-Smartphone UI added, includes "Quest List" and Cheat option to go directly to the last event of Reverend's daughter
-Character tones revised for the characters
-B/W images of last event of Reverend's daughter replaced with color ones
-B/W image of Sister in bed replaced with a revised & colored one
-Scenario: latch for Bathroom, simple garage, "Love Tester" for the Tavern

6 definitely pops out the most with 1 retaining the look from the originals, but in a good way.
let me know what do you think about the new tones of all characters :)

Reactions: Jansen