VN Unity Abandoned Yellow Family [v0.2.101] [BudaCoca]

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I have to say I do like thr reimagining of Lisa.. I like her character a lot, she is well drawn

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Oh yeah @BudaCoca you should open a support ticket (at the bottom of any page) and request the game developer badge. Just noticed you didn't have one :coldsweat:.
My man RedPill always making sure people have their damn developer badges... what a good guy.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
@BudaCoca was just thinking that on elisa, maybe add a bit more height to her hair (it looks like her head is missing a bit on the top) besides that one critique I am loving this artstyle, haven't played it yet but will keep my eye on it.

Mystlenium

Dec 21, 2017
Ok the art is much better than Sexpsons so hoping this will continue being worked on and actually get coloured in
cause i am really liking the art for Lisa :p

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
Know bug: "A" pops up the screwdriver, like when you get in from the garage(solved in next version)

@BudaCoca was just thinking that on elisa, maybe add a bit more height to her hair (it looks like her head is missing a bit on the top) besides that one critique I am loving this artstyle, haven't played it yet but will keep my eye on it.
Hmmm I didn't thought about that till you mentioned it, interesting, I like it anyway but you're right so I'll talk about it with artist, thx

Ok the art is much better than Sexpsons so hoping this will continue being worked on and actually get coloured in cause i am really liking the art for Lisa :p
Seems like Elisa it's the favourite one, I can't say that surprises me, she's very cute

The characters for conversations and 2 events are colored in the actual version, it's not much but serves as an example of what to expect, the images in the first post aren't up to date

I keep working on this, we'll see how it turns out
this just screams "If the Simpsons was a anime".
Nah, just the characters design, I didn't add tentacles

Reactions: luisar018

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Hmmm I didn't thought about that till you mentioned it, interesting, I like it anyway but you're right so I'll talk about it with artist, thx
yeah I have been learning abou the anatomy and with the head the eyes are around about half way between chin and top of head.

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
any idea about the next update?
Will be released at the end of this month :)

I use my patreon like a blog and post everything there

Next versión will add a little bit of content and replace the remaining initial B/W images with coloured ones. Also has several internal changes, like a modular character system to avoid having an image for each expression of each character with each mouth and each body pose.

There are things with higher priority, like adding content, images... but everything is drawn by an artist that was quite busy the last couple of months, so I used that time to improve the internals.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
seems to work less than the previous version. I freeze after trying to change a character's name, and the scene changes and text are very slow.

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
seems to work less than the previous version. I freeze after trying to change a character's name, and the scene changes and text are very slow.
Thank you for the bug report

The character name is broken in the last version, already fixed in the coming version. I'll take a look at the scene changes and text but since the next version is gonna be released in a few days, maybe it's better to wait and investigate if this issue happens in the new one.

Reactions: DavidTurner

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I feel it's games like this that could improve a bit more with greater production put in way of their background work. I'd offer my services to create better backgrounds, but I don't think I'd be of much help before the Dreams Beta ends. Until Dreams actually comes out, I'd just work on more solid of line work.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@BudaCoca no problem.. I know it's a work in progress, but it's a good game with great art.. hiccups happen, just keep at it and you'll have a great game on your hands

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I feel it's games like this that could improve a bit more with greater production put in way of their background work. I'd offer my services to create better backgrounds, but I don't think I'd be of much help before the Dreams Beta ends. Until Dreams actually comes out, I'd just work on more solid of line work.
@BudaCoca
Like I said, I won't be much help as of now what with the Dreams PS4 Beta coming to a close very soon, but when the game comes out fully, and you're still working on this game, please keep me in mind. I enjoy the definite potential in this game.

*Not all images are final, btw.*

Reactions: luisar018