VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0] [CHAQUINN0]

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Is this going to be a kinetic Novel? I know this is just the first chapter but the kind of story this is shaping up to be with these type of characters, I'd rather avoid this game going KN route.

Just to be clear by this i mean the choices only presenting themselves when it comes to sex scenes and not anywhere else in the game, will the player have the choice to avoid the interaction with the characters they have no interest in?

Forgive my haste but with this kind of emotional heavy story i tend to nitpick about having options regarding any and all characters present and so far this game have zero choices/options and again i am aware that it's the 1st chapter but i rather know this now.
In any case, best of luck to you dev.
you can avoid every lewd action , except the one at the prologue
and the choices count , not only for lewd scenes ; going to the park or not , meet xy or not etc

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
People handle things differently. Anxiety, fear, doubt etc can be a mfer. Her reaction seems realistic to me. There are a lot of people that have issues with being decisive and direct. Yea... she probably could have handled it better, but it is what it is. I ain't gonna hold it against her if she honestly wants to make things right.
Her behavior wasn't unrealistic. His was. When you were talking future plans with her the day before and today you get dumped, bitterness will show. It's unavoidable and part of standard human behavior. The extent of that bitterness will vary depending on the person. But it will always be there and it will show. Even if it's just civil passive aggressiveness. Dude reacted like a soulless robot.

It's not a dealbreaker because he actually starts expressing it much later (if you choose it), with mom and dead father. But it would have made much more sense as an instinctive reaction when the iron was still hot. At least dev seems to be giving him a second chance to actually speak his mind since she came back.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
soooo...

the gf leaves the mc on short notice and he´s like "Ok"
the BFF knows all along, without telling him ,and the mc like "Ok"

are there more of this "OK" moments?
Kim can fuck herself for all i care. She left MC on her own free will and she's on her own. If choice is given i would tell her to fuck off and give her a gift in the form of middle finger. I would even rather go for Keyla than to be with that bitch.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The game is good so far. Only one thing, if Kim returned in hopes to rekindle something with MC than she's more pathetic than i thought. I just hope that in future updates MC can tell her to fuck of and never contact him again. Literally any other girl is a better choice than her.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i find this very "complicated" to have to save the game , go to the main menu to just see the gallery
Note that many scene replay codes in most VN's don't replay proper while in-game and hence why those galleries are available in the Main Menu only. The Bios and the Pic galleries shouldn't be any problem but insure you test the vid replays to make sure they are stable, don't allow saving during the replay, and don't bork variables in the current playthrough after the scene is finished (this is the largest problem with vid replays while in-game is the altering of variables when returning in-game).

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Note that many scene replay codes in most VN's don't replay proper while in-game and hence why those galleries are available in the Main Menu only. The Bios and the Pic galleries shouldn't be any problem but insure you test the vid replays to make sure they are stable, don't allow saving during the replay, and don't bork variables in the current playthrough after the scene is finished (this is the largest problem with vid replays while in-game is the altering of variables when returning in-game).
tested and works
otherwise i would not post this (no offense)

for the variables - at this game you can only play the replay if its really unlocked in the game (not with a cheat), so there should no issues here

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
tested and works
otherwise i would not post this (no offense)
No offense taken bud, but double-check vars... this is a very common issue with vid replays forced while in-game. Hopefully it isn't but thought I'd mention it so everything stays square. Regards as always.

I can see where the dev had the ability to show the gallery while at the Navigation menu in-game but later removed it... so that's why I mention there might be a problem.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
The game's great in most ways, but I think sex scenes could use some work. Protags cock looks like it's melting during Cynthia's bj and it probably isn't big enough for that sideways position. Having the option to creampie girls is fucking hot though. Wonder if we'll get preg content down the line?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
No offense taken bud, but double-check vars... this is a very common issue with vid replays forced while in-game. Hopefully it isn't but thought I'd mention it so everything stays square. Regards as always.

I can see where the dev had the ability to show the gallery while at the Navigation menu in-game but later removed it... so that's why I mention there might be a problem.
i tried to unlock the replays with setting the persistent var to true - doesnt work
here at this game you have either to jump to this point or play as intended to unlock the replay
so there is no issue with "borked" var´s

but what´s with the added option to the quickmenu?
any conflicts with your mod? Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i tried to unlock the replays with setting the persistent var to true - doesnt work
here at this game you have either to jump to this point or play as intended
so there is no issue with "borked" var´s
Boehser Onkel, note the below where the dev had put a button in the Navigation to access the gallery while in-game and later commented it out so something might be an issue otherwise he'd have left it in... I haven't checked as it's not a concern to me personally but you should be aware:
Python:
textbutton _("LOAD") action ShowMenu("load")
#textbutton _("GALLERY") action ShowMenu("gallerynav")
if _in_replay:
    textbutton _("END REPLAY") action EndReplay(confirm=True)
elif not main_menu:
    textbutton _("MAIN MENU") action MainMenu()
I'm just giving you all the info I have for consideration.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
# Routes/Paths (MAIN LI)
default kim_route = False
default julia_route = False
default olivia_route = False
default michelle_route = False

# Routes/Paths (SECONDARY LI)
default kimmy_route = False
default candace_route = False
default alessa_route = False

so , out of all this options , Olivia seems like the only sane option :unsure:

olivia - freckles !!!

kim - stupid ex
julia - clingy , for whatever reason
michelle - forgotten childhood "friend" with issues?!
kimmy - nah , somethings of with her (i bet there are some cam vids of her around or w/e in this direction)
candance - career woman ?

and who is alessa?
Nice. I finally made it to the end of Ch.1. Interested in neither of the girls yet. At the moment I find them too boring and they don't even have sex scenes as an excuse for their existence. I must have been too spoiled with the perfect characters :)
Except for Kim. I was so happy that I didn't have to do anything to make her disappear, and then there's the finale of this chapter! At the beginning of the game, I simply did not like her, but now I despise her with all my heart! I'm going to break her damn scooter to show how happy I am to see her back!

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
# Routes/Paths (MAIN LI)
default kim_route = False
default julia_route = False
default olivia_route = False
default michelle_route = False

# Routes/Paths (SECONDARY LI)
default kimmy_route = False
default candace_route = False
default alessa_route = False

so , out of all this options , Olivia seems like the only sane option :unsure:

olivia - freckles !!!

kim - stupid ex
julia - clingy , for whatever reason
michelle - forgotten childhood "friend" with issues?!
kimmy - nah , somethings of with her (i bet there are some cam vids of her around or w/e in this direction)
candance - career woman ?

and who is alessa?
Who is Alessa? Sorry I repeat the question.:ROFLMAO:

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I wonder if going to gym with Zeke instead of staying home will have important effect towards Keyla plot.

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes