VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I'm the opposite, its one of the only MCs that doesn't overreact like a little bitch. If you follow his discussion with his mom, its clear that he is hurting a lot, but there is no need to be an asshat to her face. Its strongly implied she hasn't seen her family in 6(?) years and feels 'suffocated' at a job that pays like shit, then she gets an opportunity to set up her career and also see her family, its a very believable scenario for the break-up. But since it happens to their avatar people just can't let it go. Its such a weird issue to have with the game and honestly some posts read like you are the type of person that if they got late at home and the wife forgot to heat the food you would kick her out of the house.

After time skip, after he got to properly process his feelings, you also get 2 opportunities to make him act as angry as you wish, if thats your roleplaying reaction and probably get the future option to be cold to her when you get reunited.

Someone mentioned a game over scenario just to validate their frustration, my question is will you stop playing the game right then and there? If not, whats the point? :unsure:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Bro wtf? You sound like one of those crazy girls in a breakup video.

People break up. It happens. Education, work, distant family, money etc. It's totally fine to act mature and drive the person you care about to an airport. Seriously... guy. You're acting like the MC caught her fucking one of his best friends.
People act like she took a shit in their Cheerios. She knew that if she or they told him, he would convince her to stay. She even said she loved him. Her parents are the ones that are smothering her. I get that she didn't want to upset her parents and for all we know, they would've came there, started shit with the MC because of it and drug her ass home. Tradition is a motherfucker to break.

They need to get over it.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
People handle things differently. Anxiety, fear, doubt etc can be a mfer. Her reaction seems realistic to me. There are a lot of people that have issues with being decisive and direct. Yea... she probably could have handled it better, but it is what it is. I ain't gonna hold it against her if she honestly wants to make things right.
I'm definitely voting to put you up for Sainthood. Jus' Sayin' (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Unmodded Ch1 Hotfix (LI Relp Repair)

Edit 05/31/2023 - File removed as it's no longer required due to fix in v0.2.2

Original post:

I don't know if the dev is going to make a hotfix or not so here's a fix for all you folks running unmodded that want to load saves made prior to Chapter 1 to resolve the Relp issue I made note of in this post earlier today.

If you already played this update from loading a previous save from "Prologue" then you're going to be screwed. Use the attached and replay from your save (or start a new playthrough and you won't need the "hotfix" at all).

Again, this is for those who play unmodded and are loading a save prior to Chapter 1.
If you are starting a new playthrough then you don't need it.
(I personally recommend start a fresh playthrough as some things have changed in Prologue)

Installation:
Extract contents to the "/game" folder found inside the title's main folder.
Do only these steps, nothing else is required.
It won't overwrite anything so you can remove it later if you wish.

You're welcome.

Those who play via SanchoMod do NOT need this file as it will already be apart of the mod's code (I'll do it a better way for the mod).

Regards.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Someone mentioned a game over scenario just to validate their frustration, my question is will you stop playing the game right then and there? If not, whats the point? :unsure:
Yep, you got it. That is exactly the point. That's why they call it "game over". It is just a story after all. You can carry on with the rest of what the dev has in mind and I will write my own ending for him... or not. So... it's just a matter of agree to disagree. Some might call it mind over matter. To you, it doesn't matter but, I definitely mind. (y)

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I love this game, I find all the girls interesting, and beautiful of course.
I love almost all of them, (with the exception of the asian ex-girlfriend). That's why I was afraid that she would be the one to come from overseas.:cautious: And that's exactly what happened, so that cliffhanger gave me nothing, just meh... I new it...
But on the other hand there are many much more interesting and prettier girls to chase, I just hope there is an option to act cool with the ex-girlfriend and not make a big deal out of it. Since no matter what she did, the character just doesn't interest me at all.
Anyway, I love many things the in the game, the main character I like, the best friend is not unbearable as in many other stories, the mom feels like a mom :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, good luck to the dev.:)(y)

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Zeke is cheating and dating Julia's roommate, that double date will be so much fun watching Zeke's world crumble :devilish::Kappa:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ktunga

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I normally wouldn't like the ex because of a couple reasons:

1. She was forced at the start. Anyone who knows me, knows that I always hate the forced LIs and can't wait to kick them to the curb.

2. She's just a generic Asian asset.

I'm not saying I like her, but, she did nothing wrong.
I didn't say she did anything wrong either, just that I don't find her interesting at all and that I hope there won't be a big fuss about her return.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
yeah but at least she could it try to go with her and she didnt chek with mc so,. no much for a relationship .....or in korea those thing are different? for me is ano no and if i have the opportunity i quit the job ,he was tryng already to do it so is easy send the chick backto korea or i just quit the job.....good luck solomon

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey, everyone!
I'm so glad for all the support and feedback, I really appreciate it!!
It's been a lot of time and investment I put into this update...

The overall opinion surrounding Kim is still on the bad side I see... :HideThePain:
Within a close group of friends they also have the same angles, even a meme came out of it.
everybody hates kim.jpg

But don't worry though, through Chapter 1 you had options while talking to mom and Zeke that will count towards keeping her close or pushing her away, that will all depend on how you want things to be.

I also saw the comparison between Julia and BaDIK's Jill, looking at them they do have similarities, but their stories are far from equal.

I don't want to spoil anything, but things are definitely going to heat up moving forward.

And no, there is no Chat GPT writing my story... :LUL:

Last edited:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
CHAQUINN 0

Hey bud, serious question:

Why on Earth (since you changed all the starting Relp values from "Prologue") didn't you change them all at the start of Chapter One's script for folks who were loading previous saves? I can easily sort it in the mod but it's going to screw some folks up that run unmodded.

Easily done with just this at the start of Ch1 (one of many ways to do it, but this is very simple):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just sayin'. Hope all is well bud.
This was totally my bad being a disorganized noob while making the prologue back then.

One of the reasons why I added the option to skip the Prologue was this, so if the player starts a new game they won't need to replay the Prologue again.

Thank you for releasing a fix for it!
I will soon update the standalone Prologue client to the current version as well as that will serve as a "demo" of sorts in the future.

Ancandune

Sep 3, 2022
But don't worry though, through Chapter 1 you had options while talking to mom and Zeke that will count towards keeping her close or pushing her away, that will all depend on how you want things to be.
Nice. :) Always good to have choices.

I also saw the comparison between Julia with BaDIK's Jill, looking at them they do have similarities, but their stories are far from equal.
I didn't notice the similarity until I saw this comment. I can see it, but I don't think it's an issue. I see enough differences so it doesn't bother me.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes