VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
This is what I was going to say, the fact that it's generating a lot of discussion goes to show how well thought out this story is being put.
If in just two updates the dev managed to make this it only makes me more excited to know what else he has coming.
Best part is that the MC isn't a perfect boy who can't get his pipi hard because of his ex-girlfriend, instead he's a flawed person trying to be better.
This is fucking awesome shit right there!
if the game you're referring to is summer's gone I do not agree

but as far as this game is concerned I agree it is amazing and this update was amazing

the emotions and storytelling and the emotions it made the player feel

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Man seeing some ppl losing their shit (like genuinely mad) about this cheating trio (mc keyla and zeke) in VIDEO GAME is entertaining ngl. :ROFLMAO:

Lets flip the story, if every character was faithfull without flaws and mistakes story would be boring af.
In here we have every girl/guy with some story and flaws/mistakes in the past, thats why the story of this VIDEO GAME is fun.

And for the dev, i hope he doesnt change the story cuz some ppl dont like it.... (thats easiest way to say it) , the story and very rich and vibrant characters is what brings so many ppl to this game with every update.

Now im going back for some popcorn... :whistle:
I'm with you on this. You'd think this site was full of 30 year old virgins as pure as the driven snow who have never said boo to a goose in their life lmao.

People do dumb shit, sometimes intentionally. Forget the Zeke is like a brother shit, have you guys any idea how common it is to cheat with a best friend of your partner, partner of your sibling etc etc. It happens every god damn day. Please...stop trying to convince us your whiter than white, you're on a godamn pirate forum for a start lmao.

It's just one more thing that makes this VN so great, it's real...it's dirty, you (as the MC) have not been the best guy in the world. That's realistic. How You act going forward is entirely in your hands...but as far as this story goes...you ain't no saint. It's amazing how in some VN's, no one complaims about murdering people, raping girls, are in biker gangs, the mafia...screwing your friends mom...corrupting your daughter....

But OMFG the MC is a cheater...that's what you all have a problem with? *shakes head*

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Speaking of cheating, does anyone else feel like they're cheating on Julia by pursuing Michelle while dating her? The MC is already being introduced as Julia's boyfriend. I have no problem with this not being a harem game but it would have been nice to have the chance to get to know the other girls better before getting serious with Julia. I'm at least hoping this won't lead to a Become a Rock Star situation where every girl dumps the MC after they find out about each other.

Sep 3, 2020
Speaking of cheating, does anyone else feel like they're cheating on Julia by pursuing Michelle while dating her? The MC is already being introduced as Julia's boyfriend. I have no problem with this not being a harem game but it would have been nice to have the chance to get to know the other girls better before getting serious with Julia. I'm at least hoping this won't lead to a Become a Rock Star situation where every girl dumps the MC after they find out about each other.
I was worried about that at first too but don't worry he's just playing along and

they're mostly just teasing him and some of them are just assuming

depending on the choices you make at the end of the night the two of you are just friends

but yeah I kind of wish we had the opportunity to correct people

Reactions: poeorfkd404

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
It's not that it feels that way, it's that you're cheating on her.
The game considers that you are in a relationship with her the moment you kiss her. It is not a harem game per se. You will have to pay close attention to the dates of each event to avoid any unpleasant surprises. On the one hand it is good to get to know them before you choose and on the other hand it is more content for when you play their path.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Taking advantage of an unfaithful slut to get a quick fuck while you are single is not on the same level as cheating on your partner who loves you and who you promised to be faithful to. It is not even close, in the first case you are just being a scumbag but the responsability lies 100% on the woman who decides she doesnt give a fuck about her relationship and cheats, it is her the one who is supposed to love her partner and is thus betraying his trust with HER decision to cheat.
Nice try, bro, I almost bought it :KEK:

There is only one small flaw in your reasoning. These three are not some random group of cuckold, whore and bull from your example. This is Zeke, Keyla and MC. Zeke and MC are best friends, MC doesn't fuck some random hotwife, he fucks his best friend Zeke's wife and his high school ex-girlfriend Keyla. He calls Zeke brother but he fucks his wife behind his back. He fully understands what he is doing and knows that he is hurting his brother.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't even like Zeke and I have no problem with MC cucking him. :KEK: But please don't say that the MC is innocent in this situation and he just lent his dick to some random cock hungry slut.

Keyla doesn't seem to be banging every random guy she meets at the bar. She cheats on Zeke with her high school sweetheart, her MC, whom she still loves, and seems regretting of her quick and impulsive decision to marry Zeke. But instead of clearing things up with Zeke and leaving him if she still loves the MC, she decides to cheat on him. Her decision is as perfect as when she decided to marry him out of the blue.

They both betray Zeke, the MC betrays his bro, Keyla betrays her husband. Although it's not the end of the game, maybe Zeke is all up for an MMF threesome :)

akinari2014

May 7, 2023

There is only one small flaw in your reasoning. These three are not some random group of cuckold, whore and bull from your example. This is Zeke, Keyla and MC. Zeke and MC are best friends, MC doesn't fuck some random hotwife, he fucks his best friend Zeke's wife and his high school ex-girlfriend Keyla. He calls Zeke brother but he fucks his wife behind his back. He fully understands what he is doing and knows that he is hurting his brother.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't even like Zeke and I have no problem with MC cucking him. :KEK: But please don't say that the MC is innocent in this situation and he just lent his dick to some random cock hungry slut.

Keyla doesn't seem to be banging every random guy she meets at the bar. She cheats on Zeke with her high school sweetheart, her MC, whom she still loves, and seems regretting of her quick and impulsive decision to marry Zeke. But instead of clearing things up with Zeke and leaving him if she still loves the MC, she decides to cheat on him. Her decision is as perfect as when she decided to marry him out of the blue.

They both betray Zeke, the MC betrays his bro, Keyla betrays her husband. Although it's not the end of the game, maybe Zeke is all up for an MMF threesome :)
You are wrong. Keyla cheated on Zeke with MC during College, before she married Zeke. The only problem with that plotpoint is why Keyla didnt break up with Zeke anf get back with MC.

Reactions: yossa999

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Yesterday's Crossroads - MultiMod Edition (Ch 2, v0.3.1 Update)
YCR_SM_Cover04.jpg
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

1700004816380.png 1700004829743.png

IMPORTANT! - If you plan to use a compressed version of the VN then please use SonsOLiberty's version found here. The initial version made that's in the VN's thread is fucked up (that's found here for reference), don't use it unless you delete ALL the rpy/rpyc files first.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

Thanks to CHAQUINN 0 for the continued trust and collaboration, as always.

- Sancho

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

NOTE: Minor bugfix

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- -

Last edited:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
The update patch for the version 0.3.1 can be downloaded here.

PC -
MAC -

-------

Version 0.3.1 notes:

Chapter 2:
  • Fixed various typos;
  • Fixed crackling audio in Alessa’s house scene;
  • Fixed wrong code in Gallery.

Last edited:

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018

There is no flaw in my reasoning because I was replying to a general claim the other dude made when he was replying to some one who said Zeke and MC were just roommates/barely friends. Here: this is what I was replying to:
that is the dumbest fucking logic I've ever heard in my life

if you know somebody has a boyfriend or girlfriend and you sleep with them

then you're a cheater just like them

and you're equally to blame

that's like if two people get caught robbing a bank and one of them says he robbed the bank I just drove the getaway car

if you are man enough to cheat them be man enough and take responsibility

mc literally says Zeke it's like a brother to him
I don't like arguing but I don't know how to respond to this

you're saying that if you know someone is married or has a boyfriend or girlfriend and you sleep with them

you've done nothing wrong and you're innocent

what about having a conscience and a sense of right and wrong
We were having a general discussion about the extent to which a third party should be blamed when someone in a relationship cheats on their significant other.
That dude says it is 50/50 between the cheater and the third party that got them to cheat, I say it 100% on the cheater because no one forced them to be a cheater. That was it, summarized.

Now, If we are talking in more specific terms about the situation in this game, then yes, things are different since MC is Zeke's friend, which means that he did betray him by fucking keyla and he is a bad guy, much worse than some dude who just fucks the wife of someone he doesn't know.
But, in the end, all fault lies on Keyla still because she is the one that cheats, the one who doesnt break up with Zeke and even agrees to marry him while still loving another man. Tbh I dont care about her because all of her decisions seem pretty retarded, never make sense and feel like they are just forced to add more drama which I prefer to avoid.
I just disagreed with a general statement I saw, that's it, I have no interest in discussing Keyla's stuff because I dont play her route and don't plan to either.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
The update patch for the version 0.3.1 can be downloaded here.

PC - Google Drive
MAC - Google Drive

-------

Version 0.3.1 notes:

Chapter 2:
  • Fixed various typos;
  • Fixed crackling audio in Alessa’s house scene;
  • Fixed wrong code in Gallery.
there is still something "broken" here, needed extra tab/spaces before each of these lines, otherwise the code wasn't executed.

this was the original:

If it's all working as it should, my version of a gallery unlock script should always work :

Python:
# Use this unlock script at your own risk.

# Start the deal with the devil
init 666 python:
    # Loop through all awards
    import re

for PersistentAttr in dir(persistent):
        if re.search('^(img|rep)_(prol|ch[0-9]+)_', PersistentAttr):
            print(PersistentAttr)
            if getattr(persistent, PersistentAttr) != True:
                setattr(persistent, PersistentAttr, True)

Last edited:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
there is still something "broken" here, needed extra tab/spaces before each of these lines, otherwise the code wasn't executed.

this was the original:

If it's all working as it should, my version of a gallery unlock script should always work :

Python:
# Use this unlock script at your own risk.

# Start the deal with the devil
init 666 python:
    # Loop through all awards
    import re

for PersistentAttr in dir(persistent):
        if re.search('^(img|rep)_(prol|ch[0-9]+)_', PersistentAttr):
            print(PersistentAttr)
            if getattr(persistent, PersistentAttr) != True:
                setattr(persistent, PersistentAttr, True)
Updated the links.
It's working now, thank you for pointing it out! :D

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm with you on this. You'd think this site was full of 30 year old virgins as pure as the driven snow who have never said boo to a goose in their life lmao.

People do dumb shit, sometimes intentionally. Forget the Zeke is like a brother shit, have you guys any idea how common it is to cheat with a best friend of your partner, partner of your sibling etc etc. It happens every god damn day. Please...stop trying to convince us your whiter than white, you're on a godamn pirate forum for a start lmao.

It's just one more thing that makes this VN so great, it's real...it's dirty, you (as the MC) have not been the best guy in the world. That's realistic. How You act going forward is entirely in your hands...but as far as this story goes...you ain't no saint. It's amazing how in some VN's, no one complaims about murdering people, raping girls, are in biker gangs, the mafia...screwing your friends mom...corrupting your daughter....

But OMFG the MC is a cheater...that's what you all have a problem with? *shakes head*
It's not realistic
If it was every girl wouldn't be in love with the mc from the start
Not to mention all the fucking coincidences in the story
And do you think any other guy will try and sleep with the other girls?
I don't think so

People shouldn't use the word realistic to describe these games tbh

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
You are wrong. Keyla cheated on Zeke with MC during College, before she married Zeke. The only problem with that plotpoint is why Keyla didnt break up with Zeke anf get back with MC.
The short answer...
Timing. Timing is the main reason why Keyla did not break up with Zeke. Keyla in fact was all set to break up with Zeke, who for his part, was getting suspicious something was going on between the MC and Keyla. He picked up on Keyla acting/behaving differently towards the MC in particular and was afraid she had a crush on him... so Zeke panicked and proposed to her.

For her part, the flashback sex scene we see of Keyla and the MC was meant to be their last time together, the MC had enough of sneaking around behind Zeke's back, so even if Keyla had gone through with breaking up with Zeke, there was no guarantee she would have ended up with the MC. Flawed as her reasoning was, Keyla tried to convince herself that maybe accepting Zeke's proposal and moving away after college was just what she needed to move on... unfortunately things did not work out as she thought, and even worse, her and Zeke became good friends with her rival (Kim) and the MC.

On a related note, I find it laughable all of you feeling sorry for Zeke... poor Zeke, the guy who didn't deserve what happened to him actually is no saint himself. If you play Julia's path, you find out his secret as to why he'd been acting weird lately. Zeke is in ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH JULIA'S ROOMMATE/BEST FRIEND AND IS HER BOYFRIEND WHILE STILL MARRIED TO KEYLA. Yeah... real classy move right there. (y)

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
By the flashback end MC decides to end the affair, my guess is he would not take her back at that point, be it because of the guilt of what they had done, or because it would further hurt Zeke. Her marrying Zeke feels like settling in the hope that she will eventually forget MC and fall in love with Zeke.
Can you not romance Keyla in the harem route? It seems romancing any of the main girls leads to blocking Keyla's route.
She is more or less confirmed as a solo LI.

Reactions: Maviarab

duz1nn

Jul 28, 2021
Played for the first time , i enjoyed a lot , to be honest a lot of the plots was very predictable , at least everything that i thought would happen , happened ( with who , and all ) but i still enjoyed and liked .
The girls are awesome , very beautifuls , sexys , each one with they own traits and all , very awesome. I didnt reject any of them ( how could I huh xdd ) but i think this is gonna backfire so im going to replay and save for each girl as well .
The only girl so far that i dont care anymore is Kim ( yeah , we move on , so i dont want her back :D )

Anyway , i liked a lot the game , excited and looking forward for whats is coming next :D
Thank you and i wish you a good luck with your project.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes