VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Here you have already answered your own dilemma:
As others have said, someone who is very confortable giving herself almost two years of a breakup,
will have all the least respect for you and women who disrespect guys cheat and shit on them with others.
I don't like Kim either, simply because I don't find her attractive. But I don't understand the hatred towards her. She is not selfish and she really loved mc.
As a lotta gamers chimed in their ideas on this topic:
unless you take your manhood and your dignity back from someone who
wants to fall back right into your loving arms after dumping you like a used rag,
you will never be loved, just used, abused and more prbably than not discarded once more.
The deeds bespoke are those which this MC never does - eating up her snarky explanation,
without any proof of any commitment to MC or to her dad or to the company, for that to matter,
just like Kim did this latest update - is not a reconciliation, it is a con to embezzle a spineless consort.

Now, let me tell you some more of my ideas:
1- she chose to respect someone else more than MC, in spite of MC and opposed to MC,
2-her father is scarier to her even from all the way
across the ocean in the smallest of countries, rather than making her escape with MC,
3-she never fears loosing MC and never feels like making anything up to him,
but wants to be daddys pet,
4-she gets back acting like a new treasure MC would have to cherish, while he himself is humiliated,
5-MC never got anywhere outta his lackluster dead end job, while Kim scaled her corporate ladder.

The power dynamic is collosally crushing MC with every passing day,
which is so, so sad. Even dev acknowledged this game is extra dark and salty so far.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I don't like Kim either, simply because I don't find her attractive. But I don't understand the hatred towards her. She is not selfish and she really loved mc. the problem is that she is totally terrified of her father and would rather go back home, than have her father hurt her boyfriend. she could have done it differently, i agree. But she never wanted to hurt the mc or even leave him.
I think Kayla is much worse, very selfish, she doesn't care if the mc is harmed, if it's to her benefit.
same I dont find her attractive compared to others at least. I dont hate or dislike her for what she did as I understand the reason why. Yeah she should of told us but when you fear someone and scared of what might happen to a loved one I can understand why she did it as you dont think rationally under those circumstances. However what bugs me about the whole thing is should could of left us a note, a text message, phone call or something a week or so later once she got settled in instead of waiting a year to tell us the reason why.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
phone call or something a week or so later once she got settled in instead of waiting a year to tell us the reason why.
So .. you want to quit your job and under duress you go back to your blackmailing abusive father across the ocean?
She wanted to be his fodder for countless beatings or what was the reason she went to be the office pet of her father,
the same you seem to have bought her tale of fear - you go get molested if your bully threatens to come beat you up?

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Here you have already answered your own dilemma:
As others have said, someone who is very confortable giving herself almost two years of a breakup,
will have all the least respect for you and women who disrespect guys cheat and shit on them with others.

As a lotta gamers chimed in their ideas on this topic:
unless you take your manhood and your dignity back from someone who
wants to fall back right into your loving arms after dumping you like a used rag,
you will never be loved, just used, abused and more prbably than not discarded once more.
The deeds bespoke are those which this MC never does - eating up her snarky explanation,
without any proof of any commitment to MC or to her dad or to the company, for that to matter,
just like Kim did this latest update - is not a reconciliation, it is a con to embezzle a spineless consort.

Now, let me tell you some more of my ideas:
1- she chose to respect someone else more than MC, in spite of MC and opposed to MC,
2-her father is scarier to her even from all the way
across the ocean in the smallest of countries, rather than making her escape with MC,
3-she never fears loosing MC and never feels like making anything up to him,
but wants to be daddys pet,
4-she gets back acting like a new treasure MC would have to cherish, while he himself is humiliated,
5-MC never got anywhere outta his lackluster dead end job, while Kim scaled her corporate ladder.

The power dynamic is collosally crushing MC with every passing day,
which is so, so sad. Even dev acknowledged this game is extra dark and salty so far.
What kind of joint have you smoked?
I don't like her like Li. But you gain nothing by holding a grudge.
Do you know how many people don't tell their loved ones things out of fear?
Would you hate your son if he was threatened at school and out of fear he didn't tell you?
She doesn't respect anyone above Mc. She fears her father, which is not the same, and acts accordingly.
You are assuming that her life has been wonderful there. It hasn't been easy for her either.
It's not a question of manhood or dignity, it's called empathy.
If the mc is starting to move on with her life and is with another li, what's the point of being angry with Kim?

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
same I dont find her attractive compared to others at least. I dont hate or dislike her for what she did as I understand the reason why. Yeah she should of told us but when you fear someone and scared of what might happen to a loved one I can understand why she did it as you dont think rationally under those circumstances. However what bugs me about the whole thing is should could of left us a note, a text message, phone call or something a week or so later once she got settled in instead of waiting a year to tell us the reason why.
I agree with what you say and it would have been nice if she had called him or something. But on the other hand it doesn't make sense if she doesn't tell him for fear of what her father might do. Why say anything and take a foolish risk. She thought she would never see him again.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
The hate is about the Kim that left. You need to acknowledge she was in the wrong.
what's the point of being angry with Kim?
Being angry with someone will make you weary of their motives next time they
want you to invest anything in their ideas: she already left without feeling like
she could whitstand whatever this life threw at her with MC, she dumped MC like rubble.

MC has to keep these things very well wedged in the back of his head,
because you did guess it - MC has a savior complex, but the people he thinks he is saving:
LEAVE HIM FOR FEAR OF SOMEONE ELSE, which is the worst possible relationship you can have.

She thought she would never see him again.
Is she prepared to run away with MC and start a new life with him?
Are we supposed to forget their whole plans together,
when both Kim and MC were seriously hating on their jobs
and they were both making ample plans in their heads to leave?

If she is not prepared to leave together with MC, essentially continue their plans together
right from where she and MC left things off,
she is none the wiser and has learnt literally nothing, along with MC.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

If she is not prepared to leave together with MC, essentially continue their plans together
I feel only leaving together with the MC and starting over only makes sense as a option if she thinks her father wont find out or isnt powerful enough to do something. But it seems to me she thinks he powerful enough if she didnt consider that as an option. The thing is we still know nothing about him really so it's hard to say if her fear is irrational or not at this point. ( It probably is).

This next point is purely speculation as we dont know how bad her sister has it living with her father. But i assume he beats her at the very least.

So lets assume her father isnt that powerful and her fear is irrational. She also has a sister she wants to help escape her father. So her choice would of been go no contact with her sister and hope her father doesn't eventually kill her sister or beat her severely which probably would be something she would think about constantly.

When thinking about sister it seemed like she really only had 2 options

Hurt the love of her live and hope she can help her sister out in someway in the future somehow or at the very least be there for her when she can to try to deal and handle her father so she doesnt get hurt / beat as often. Or ignore her father live her life with the MC with the constant thought of what is happening to her sister which probably would be bad for her mentally. Either way both options aren't ideal.

But until we learn more about her father and family it's really hard for me to judge how poor of decision she made by giving into her fear and leaving and hurting the MC.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700521008419.png
We can think of this logically: she ran away once, found MC,
then she got ensnared right back into the hell at home.
made by giving into her fear and leaving and hurting the MC.
sav e.gif
There is a whole damn ocean between her and the hell at home, she clearly cannot do anything,
as she left alone, without her sister, barely managed to get outta there a second time.
1700521057785.png
How many times can she idiotically pretend she can do anything while she gets absolutely obliterated
every time she goes back to hell ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
The hate is about the Kim that left. You need to acknowledge she was in the wrong.

Being angry with someone will make you weary of their motives next time they
want you to invest anything in their ideas: she already left without feeling like
she could whitstand whatever this life threw at her with MC, she dumped MC like rubble.

MC has to keep these things very well wedged in the back of his head,
because you did guess it - MC has a savior complex, but the people he thinks he is saving:
LEAVE HIM FOR FEAR OF SOMEONE ELSE, which is the worst possible relationship you can have.

Don't just look at one side of the coin.
She does it because she fears for the MC's physical health not for her own benefit. She doesn't do it the best way, I understand. But she suffers for it too.
Maybe she wasn't mature enough at that time to confront her father. Until we see the father we can't really have an opinion.
But why wouldn't I try to get along at work with her?
They didn't end her relationship badly, in fact he is with her until the last moment.
As I have said several times already, I don't play her path so I have no interest in seeing a relationship with her. But there is no need to behave badly with her, when she never wanted to hurt you.

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
View attachment 3104297
We can think of this logically: she ran away once, found MC,
then she got ensnared right back into the hell at home.

View attachment 3104303
There is a whole damn ocean between her and the hell at home, she clearly cannot do anything,
as she left alone, without her sister, barely managed to get outta there a second time.
View attachment 3104300
How many times can she idiotically pretend she can do anything while she gets absolutely obliterated
every time she goes back to hell ???
Everything you said might end up being true. I'm just going with the assumption her father has powerful connections or something that can do something even from across the ocean since he is a unknown to us at this point. She still is my least favorite LI so im not trying to defend her but im not going to be to quick to judge either till more is revealed.

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Thank you all for your valuable insights into the characters of this game.
Don't just look at one side of the coin.
im not going to be to quick to judge either till more is revealed.
I concede the point that MC is hapless for whatever reason and
should not cast a stone or doubt over Kim during this state of affairs,
because, for one, his efforts, that are flimsy to none, of keeping a GF or a relationship,
seem futile and not in his grasp or power, but also for another reason:
in his frustration MC concedes the power to the girls at his side,
who all seem to like to keep him in the dark about what really animates or irks them,
while MC seems resolute in wallowing in that same dark,
possibly for fear of being alone, a feeling he is both used to and saddened by.

Which, to me, it means that, as you have diligently pointed out,
MC is not in the right state of mind and neither enough in the know right now,
in order for him to make the necessary steps warranted for going forward into his relationship with Kim.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Thank you all for your valuable insights into the characters of this game.

I concede the point that MC is hapless for whatever reason and
should not cast a stone or doubt over Kim during this state of affairs,
because, for one, his efforts, that are flimsy to none, of keeping a GF or a relationship,
seem futile and not in his grasp or power, but also for another reason:
in his frustration MC concedes the power to the girls at his side,
who all seem to like to keep him in the dark about what really animates or irks them,
while MC seems resolute in wallowing in that same dark,
possibly for fear of being alone, a feeling he is both used to and saddened by.

Which, to me, it means that, as you have diligently pointed out,
MC is not in the right state of mind and neither enough in the know right now,
in order for him to make the necessary steps warranted for going forward into his relationship with Kim.
It will be such a letdown if Kim's father is a regular guy. If he can do what Kim claims to, he has to be the CEO of a big company at the least to have power over the other side of the ocean. But given the information we have and the job Kim got after going to Korea again, it doesn't seem so.
For Kim to be redeemable then the father subject is the breaking point.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I find it annoying that people still hate on Kim after what the mc did
People are so quick to forgive him
But Kim? oh hell no she is a bitch who deserves to be unhappy

• Angry
Reactions: RedPillBlues

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Kim chooses to live in the hell of her home, that is her reality, she made her choice,
she never gives anyone any chance to change that.
MC never has any chance or choice in the matter.
hell no she is a bitch who deserves to be unhappy
Why bash on MC for somehting he has no control over?
We do not have any control either.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Kim chooses to live in the hell of her home, that is her reality, she made her choice,
she never gives anyone any chance to change that.
MC never has any chance or choice in the matter.

Why bash on MC for somehting he has no control over?
We do not have any control either.
He could have chosen not to stick his dick in Kaylah's vagina

And Kim was scared of her father
When people are scared, they make rash decisions
All I'm saying is Let's not act like the mc is some saint and that Kim is the devil

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Exactly what I said earlier.
Honestly as of right now Kim is a saint compared to the MC. The only negative I have for her is how she left suddenly and never told us the reason why until she came back a year later but it's understandable cause of how much she fears her father. Hell she is my least favorite LI but she still makes me feel like a pos for not wanting to be with her over the other 3 LI I like more . The dev is good at showing the emotion's on Kim's face. Tho all the LI are really well done to the point I have a hard time picking just 1 and probably will end up hurting their feeling until I decide to make some solo path saves.

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
He could have chosen not to stick his dick in Kaylah's vagina

And Kim was scared of her father
All I'm saying is Let's not act like the mc is some saint and that Kim is the devil
Are you sure you've been reading the VN carefully?

The sex scene with Kayla is a flashback to the distant past. So it wasn't in the present tense.

Reactions: Maviarab

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

The sex scene with Kayla is a flashback to the distant past. So it wasn't in the present tense.
Yeah, I know it was in the past
I'm just saying the mc could have said no but he didn't

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

Kayla was still cheating on the MC's best friend Zeke with the MC during that flashback. Yeah they loved each other but still was cheating.

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
Kayla was still cheating on the MC's best friend Zeke with the MC during that flashback. Yeah they loved each other but still was cheating.
Anyway, it's too early to draw any conclusions. Since the plot is twisted like a ball of wool, and it is only 10-15% untwisted.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes