Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.2.1)
1685544129405.png 1685544140186.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: I need to create a new banner for this OP and my listings... I know it says "Prologue" in the pic but it's "Chapter One". Forgive me as it takes time to write all these posts and updates... and I'm not the fastest at image creation but I'll have it done shortly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is anyone having any issues? A fellow here wrote a post that it's all bugged out but didn't provide any details at all. I'm retesting but not finding any problems yet personally on my testing machines.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Is anyone having any issues? A fellow here wrote a post that it's all bugged out but didn't provide any details at all. I'm retesting but not finding any problems yet personally on my testing machines.
Not me. I just loaded it up, hit new game and the game crashes. Deleted both persistent files and same thing. Mod is installed properly. No shenanigans either.

1685549674523.png

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Ahhhh! Never mind. Was my own fault again. My damn transparent textbox mod keeps breaking shit and it's become a habit to add it to all games that I play. Grrrrr

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry bro', was away for a few secs from the pc. So, when I enter the game it shows me that warning screen that pops up right after entering and then it gives me a lot of stupid errors.

Tell me if there's any way to fix it or I'm just a noob for putting it in the wrong folder (game folder).:cry::oops:
I'm assuming you are playing via a compressed version? If so see the mod's OP:
1685550538452.png

If you are not playing via compressed version then you didn't install the mod correctly. See the date of the file "all_scripts.rpa", it should be dated "05/31/2023" and not any date earlier. If it is dated earlier then you didn't choose "yes" to overwrite when requested when you installed the mod files and the original remained... therefore no mod.

Inside your "/game" folder should look similar to this:
1685551355672.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's exactly the repack I had, SonsOLiberty's repack. I downloaded it again and it still don't work. Same errors. Name "O0000" is not defined.
Okay, now proceed with the rest of my post... verify the RPA file's date I mentioned.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damnit... we're not in the mods' thread. I'll see if I can get a moderator to move posts #511 thru this one #515 to that thread so as not to pollute the VN's thread with non-VN related issues. My bad.

xXwankerXx, don't reply any more here. Make a post in the mod's thread. I've requested that these posts of ours be moved to the mod's thread for reference and out of the VN's thread. No one else in this thread benefits with our technical troubleshooting that's not related to the VN specifically.

Edit: Report created to have posts #511 thru #515 moved out of the VN's thread and into the mod's thread.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
xXwankerXx, Okay bud, we're now in the mod's thread. Proceed with letting me know the date of your " all_scripts.rpa " file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Everything looks fine. Its date is May 31st, 2023. This was the first time I put your new mod there. Only did a 'blind' playthrough, picking the options I found best, no other mod installed.

Edit: Same shitty error. After the warning screen it gives me that annoying error. Any idea what could cause it ?? I put the files from your mod in my game folder and the date is 05-31-2023.

I'll delete my posts after or IF the error is fixed.
No need to delete posts now if you don't want... we are now in the mod's thread so we can post whatever we want.

Otherwise, does your "/game" folder look like that example I provided? (see below for the same one):
1685552773680.png

After the warning screen it gives me that annoying error
Also, what "warning" screen are you talking about bud?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That stuff about the semi-realistic characters and all of them being above 18. It pops up right after you double click the game's exe, and when I left click on it, it gives the errors from the traceback file.

All three files are there, date is may 31st 2023, yes.
I'm having difficulty figuring out what you are doing differently than everyone else.
Can you provide a pic of the contents of your /game directory?
Use the thumbnail feature for best results.
1685553819957.png

You're doing something different or have the files in the wrong place for this to occur but I obviously am not looking over your shoulder to see what's going on.

It's imperative that all of the mod's files/folder are inside the "(VN's folder name)/game/" subfolder
and not the VN's main "(VN's folder name)/" folder.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I told you bro', I put all 3 files (the all_scripts.rpa, sanchomod.rpa and sancho mod folder in the game folder like this... Yesterday's Crossroads >> Game folder >> copy and paste there, all three of them, and it asked me to replace the game's all_scripts.rpa with yours, which I did.) I'm no damn expert at this, but not damn noob either. Think there's any solution, or should we just leave it like this ?? The choices are not that hard to figure out, but it pisses me off that the mod doesn't work for me like it did for other players.

View attachment 2664975 View attachment 2664976 View attachment 2664977
Well I told you "bro". You haven't installed the mod correctly. You're pics prove it. I'll post this last bit of instruction. Follow it exactly and it will work 100%.

You've wasted all my time and yours with you playing shenanigans and that is all on you, not on me.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Before you give me any pushback, this is exactly what you did and why it failed:
  1. You installed the correct compressed VN version (I can tell from the file size of the images file).
  2. You decompiled the program code (that's obvious, this alone has wasted over 2 hours of both our time).
  3. You installed the mod (too late, step two is not part of the correct process).
  4. You have failures (because of shenanigans).

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Well I told you "bro". You haven't installed the mod correctly. You're pics prove it.
Man, you serious ?? I already told you I NEVER put another damn mod there coz there ain't any, just downloaded the game and played it. And the version there I did "shenanigans" on, or whatever you said there, IS a fresh install, where I copied all the contents of your mod folder.

You decompiled the program code (that's obvious, you should have told me this, it would have saved us both the headache).
I didn't know that using UnRen will cause those errors, and you never even said anything about it.:rolleyes: Look man, it's not my intention to waste your time or mine on a trivial matter like this, but I used your mods on other games, including the 0.1 version of this one, in the past even after I used UnRen, and they worked. This is the first and only example where it didn't, that's why I asked. I didn't accuse you of anything, just asked why it didn't work this time and it's why I wasted so much time on this conversation.

So, if using unren causes those errors, I'd rather delete the mod and keep my Image folder there, or finish the game without using unren and extract the renders afterward, but thanks for the help anyway.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Man, you serious ?? I already told you I NEVER put another damn mod there coz there ain't any, just downloaded the game and played it. And the version there I did "shenanigans" on, or whatever you said there, IS a fresh install, where I copied all the contents of your mod folder.

I didn't know that using UnRen will cause those errors, and you never even said anything about it.:rolleyes: Look man, it's not my intention to waste your time or mine on a trivial matter like this, but I used your mods on other games, including the 0.1 version of this one, in the past even after I used UnRen, and they worked. This is the first and only example where it didn't, that's why I asked. I didn't accuse you of anything, just asked why it didn't work this time and it's why I wasted so much time on this conversation.

So, if using unren causes those errors, I'd rather delete the mod and keep my Image folder there, or finish the game without using unren and extract the renders afterward, but thanks for the help anyway.
Then install the mod inside a proper VN then copy the images folder from your hacked install into the new modded one. Then you have both wants covered. The mod doesn't care about image files as the one's accessed are grabbed from the original archive.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Hi Sancho,
Great mod as always. I found a bug in the game which I thought you might have caught but it slipped by. I posted this in the main thread but since you often make corrections to coding errors thought I post it here as well.

When the MC is in the park with Julia and Julia_route is false he has the option to kiss her which sets julia_route to true. This is also supposed to increment julia_affection by one. However instead of the intended
julia_affection += 1
the actual code is
julia_affection =+1
forcing julia_affection to a value of 1 instead of the 6 that was intended.

Thanks as always for your mods - always in a league of its own!

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
So I have another anomaly to report.
There are two variables with similar names:
ch1_kim_forgive
ch1_forgive_kim
When the MC is asked if given the chance he would forgive Kim the variable that is affected is ch1_forgive_kim.

Sancho mod reports kimforgive based on the value of ch1_kim_forgive, which as far as I can determine is not changed by the game code (however that is not exhaustive).

Great mod - just trying to help

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho,
Great mod as always. I found a bug in the game which I thought you might have caught but it slipped by. I posted this in the main thread but since you often make corrections to coding errors thought I post it here as well.

When the MC is in the park with Julia and Julia_route is false he has the option to kiss her which sets julia_route to true. This is also supposed to increment julia_affection by one. However instead of the intended
julia_affection += 1
the actual code is
julia_affection =+1
forcing julia_affection to a value of 1 instead of the 6 that was intended.

Thanks as always for your mods - always in a league of its own!
This was a known VN issue as of last night (besides other bugs) and has been sorted for the pending v0.2.2 VN fix inbound very soon.

So I have another anomaly to report.
There are two variables with similar names:
ch1_kim_forgive
ch1_forgive_kim
When the MC is asked if given the chance he would forgive Kim the variable that is affected is ch1_forgive_kim.

Sancho mod reports kimforgive based on the value of ch1_kim_forgive, which as far as I can determine is not changed by the game code (however that is not exhaustive).

Great mod - just trying to help
Excellent catch. I grabbed my initial data from the dev's default variables and didn't think I needed to double check them in the scripts. I'll notify the dev so that it's resolved in the pending v0.2.2 as well.

Well done. Good lookin' out!

Reactions: UncleFredo
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote