Yiff.party is down or gone?

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
we're going back to the days of chans and forums to get our content .. things were shared before yiff party was a thing, and things will still be shared now that it appears to be dead and buried ... yiff party's "claim to fame" is that it made sharing easy and convenient .. mimic that fact, and you can make a new yiff party-like site in a week ... but here's the catch, if you copy-paste yiff party, you'll copy-paste its issues too

the problem with yiff party was not money, it evidently had enough to get zhit done and then some .. otherwise it wouldn't have run for 5 years .. the issue I think, is that it crumbled under its own weight; too few people to maintain and develop it further, the admin got a lot of hate for that .. ultimately, I think the hate is what made him pull the plug on it; he didn't just let it die, he deliberately pulled the plug on it, HE killed it ... it went dark waay too quickly for it to be "natural causes"

I'll bet you anything it also had problem finding someone who would actually host it; no big company is gonna host it, not with all the morally questionable / borderline illegal content it would involve - I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just stating that as a matter of fact, I personally don't give a shit what people fap to and what they don't ... even patreon don't want to host it, and its literally making them free money .. there was a time where patreon didn't really care what they hosted, not anymore, they've become too big, they can't afford not to care anymore

so if you want another yiff party, is has to be moderated and most likely chopped up into different sections dealing with different content, just to keep it 'small' enough to feasibly host
its community has to understand that "beggars can't be choosers" and moderators should help the community understand that very simple fact, if need be; don't expect 100% uptime and flawless performance, be happy when it works and calm your tits when it doesn't

--

and a point about certain artists and their very twisted view of reality;
no, piracy is not theft; " Theft is defined as the physical removal of an object that is capable of being stolen without the consent of the owner and with the intention of depriving the owner of it permanently " ... you don't lose anything, therefor, NOT theft ... now that we have that factually settled, let me move on

you will not stop piracy, its a fight you WILL lose .. I'm not expecting artists to like it, I'm expecting them to _accept_ reality .. just look at the games industry, music industry, movie industry; they've tried, again and again, and they've failed .. if they can't do it, neither can you, deal with it

you want some honest tips for how to better cope with piracy ?.. I'll give you some, completely free of charge, no monthly subscription required;

1) make it easy to support you, the more hoops people have to jump thought / the more bullshit they have to put up with to get what they want, the less likely they are to do it

2) stop treating patreon as a digital store, disguised as a tipjar, you're not fooling anybody

3) taking smaller amounts from lots of people is much better for you, than taking lots from very few; supporters come and go for many reasons; if your community consist of 10 regular joes and 1 whale, you're gonna feel it if you lose that 1 whale, that one guy dropping you 30 a month ... if you're fishing for whales, you're very incentivized to make anything worthwhile as a 'reward' for supporting completely out of reach of the regular joes, and you don't give the regular joes anything worth having; no, your WIPs are not worth having to 98% of people, nor is Early Access, I don't know anyone who actually care about that

4) if piracy keeps you awake at night, stop paywalling your stuff .. yes, you ARE paywalling stuff if piracy concerns you, if nothing's hidden behind paywalls, there's nothing to take and share with others, is there ?.. lets me to the next point

5) use patreon and other such sites ONLY for things that CANNOT BE PIRATED .. give votes to supporters, give them favourable treatment, give them discounts, give them WHATEVER, so long as it has NO FAP VALUE / IS NOT A FILE THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED .. if it has fap-value, it will be pirated by someone, somewhere, sooner or later, that's a promise .. now, I understand that might cut into your bottom line, you might lose some monthly monies, but remember what life was like before patreon ?.. remember a time when your ONLY possible source of income was doing commissions ?.. or begging in journals hoping someone would actually read those ?.. you have it good in this day and age, enjoy whatever financial support you can get and don't take anything for grated ... fuck with your supporters in some misguided attempt at fighting against piracy, and you can lose it quickly, I've seen it happen with my own two eyes to someone I supported once, it was fucking sad

.. hope this serves as food for thought for any artists out there; pirates are not evil, they're not on a personal mission to wrong you - unless you've wronged them, personally, then all bets are off .. I think I make some pretty good points though, but you're free to disagree, it's the internet after all, I shouldn't expect anything less :p
Those are some great points in my opinion. Ironically, the artists I do support on Patreon are the ones that don't paywall their content. At least not permanently. A lot of them I would love to support, but their model feels like you have a choice to either cheat(pirate) or be cheated. I want to buy the things I'm interested in and ONLY those things. I don't need all the fluff that artists stuff in to try to justify the price tag.

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
Well now I leave my link for you to support my content XDDDDDD I'm just kidding I don't like spam but please when you develop another page like Yiff, put some filter that doesn't allow to add creators with few sponsors, this affects us negatively and chokes the creation of content.
To be honest, it's quite good idea to limit importability to creators with X subs, but patreon and hide number of subs for creator it they change it in settings. Not sure if API hides it as well.

• Angry
Reactions: HungryDonkey

Doodadad

Oct 10, 2018
Piracy is fine. unless the content is super niche and has a very small target demographic (like fetish content), the impact on the sales is gonna be negligible.

That said, people who try to argue a moral justification for piracy are so far up their own ass, it isn't funny. Yes, go ahead and pirate. Doesn't matter if you're poor or not, you like something you see, just get it. I do it, most of you do it. Just don't try and imagine reasons that make you sound righteous in your own head for doing so. Just accept that when you and I pirate stuff, we're being kind of scummy. It's not that hard to live with (and hey, sometimes you'll even feel like making an actual purchase of the thing afterwards).

And people who like to repeat the same old standby of it not being theft by the legal definition are no better than that "loot boxes are technically not gambling" crowd. Duh, of course it's not the same thing from a legal standpoint, as you're making copies rather than taking a limited inventory. But that doesn't keep it from hitting the same problem points being frowned upon.

AshV01

Nov 13, 2020
I was hoping someone here could help me I cant see where else to ask but on kemono party I cant see shit, when the slow ass site actually loads my artist its all just this unloaded png. How does one fix this? Any help is appreciated.
Cant see shit.PNG

AlexWingace

Jun 30, 2017
anyone know how to backup starred artists? I just have cookie, since I can't even access yiff
I just waited until the main page stopped giving me error 500's, then made a notepad to write down all the names so I wouldn't forget. It might take a bit since the servers have been absolutely shitting the bed (more than likely people unintentionally DDoSing the site trying to panic download stuff), but you should be able to see your entire Star list once it does load.

OnNoNotAgain

Jun 16, 2020
Piracy is fine. unless the content is super niche and has a very small target demographic (like fetish content), the impact on the sales is gonna be negligible.

That said, people who try to argue a moral justification for piracy are so far up their own ass, it isn't funny. Yes, go ahead and pirate. Doesn't matter if you're poor or not, you like something you see, just get it. I do it, most of you do it. Just don't try and imagine reasons that make you sound righteous in your own head for doing so. Just accept that when you and I pirate stuff, we're being kind of scummy. It's not that hard to live with (and hey, sometimes you'll even feel like making an actual purchase of the thing afterwards).

And people who like to repeat the same old standby of it not being theft by the legal definition are no better than that "loot boxes are technically not gambling" crowd. Duh, of course it's not the same thing from a legal standpoint, as you're making copies rather than taking a limited inventory. But that doesn't keep it from hitting the same problem points being frowned upon.
well if it isn't theft, it shouldn't be called theft, its really that simple :D .. it's not theft, its not "stealing", its not robbery, its PIRACY .. just call it piracy :p
.. and I guess the point about loot boxes depend on where in the world you live, some places call it gambling and is - or are in the process of - regulating loot boxes as such .. most likely not the case for all counties, but in some, they ARE gambling

I do agree that there isn't anything "right" about pirating stuff .. but I totally understand why people choose to do it

• Angry
Reactions: whitexwhite

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
well if it isn't theft, it shouldn't be called theft, its really that simple :D .. it's not theft, its not "stealing", its not robbery, its PIRACY .. just call it piracy :p
.. and I guess the point about loot boxes depend on where in the world you live, some places call it gambling and is - or are in the process of - regulating loot boxes as such .. most likely not the case for all counties, but in some, they ARE gambling

I do agree that there isn't anything "right" about pirating stuff .. but I totally understand why people choose to do it
Well, a definition of "gambling" is "take risky action in the hope of a desired result." I would say paying money for a digital good without first knowing what it's going to be fits that definition pretty well.

Doodadad

Oct 10, 2018
well if it isn't theft, it shouldn't be called theft, its really that simple :D

..and I guess the point about loot boxes.. most likely not the case for all counties, but in some, they ARE gambling
You just acknowledged the point that if something doesn't fall within a legal definition of theft it shouldn't be called that, and then turned around with the view that loot boxes should be called gambling despite not falling within the legal definition of the term.

I understand this is wandering in an off topic direction, but this is the same sorta self-servicing mindset that leads to the whole proclaiming that piracy is good argument. Whether something is similar enough to be considered the same thing, or distinct enough from a textbook definition to need it's own term, at the very least you need to apply whichever stance you take 100% of the time, rather than whenever it most suites your argument.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
I was hoping someone here could help me I cant see where else to ask but on kemono party I cant see shit, when the slow ass site actually loads my artist its all just this unloaded png. How does one fix this? Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 901472
I think someone said it's the problem with database. Either moving the server deleted the database or uploading all of it will take a few days.

OnNoNotAgain

Jun 16, 2020
Well, a definition of "gambling" is "take risky action in the hope of a desired result." I would say paying money for a digital good without first knowing what it's going to be fits that definition pretty well.
far as I'm aware, in some countries, what you 'earn' by gambling has to have monetary value / your prize must be able to be exchanged for cold hard cash .. that digital skin you just got for your AK47 in CSGO in one of valves lootboxes ?.. totally fits, you can straight up sell that skin in valves own store ... but is that david Beckham you just pulled out of a digital cardpack in FIFA also gambling ?.. its a bit of a grey area; you cannot directly exchange him for money, but having him on your account could add value to it, value which can be turned into cold, hard cash, under the table

OnNoNotAgain

Jun 16, 2020
You just acknowledged the point that if something doesn't fall within a legal definition of theft it shouldn't be called that, and then turned around with the view that loot boxes should be called gambling despite not falling within the legal definition of the term.

I understand this is wandering in an off topic direction, but this is the same sorta self-servicing mindset that leads to the whole proclaiming that piracy is good argument. Whether something is similar enough to be considered the same thing, or distinct enough from a textbook definition to need it's own term, at the very least you need to apply whichever stance you take 100% of the time, rather than whenever it most suites your argument.
naah I'm just pointing out it depends where you are, what's "gambling" in one county might not be in another .. but I never mentioned loot boxes in my message, I just respond to your point about them

VSlasher

Nov 15, 2020
.. hope this serves as food for thought for any artists out there; pirates are not evil, they're not on a personal mission to wrong you - unless you've wronged them, personally, then all bets are off .. I think I make some pretty good points though, but you're free to disagree, it's the internet after all, I shouldn't expect anything less :p
Wow, just what artists need. Tips from a Yiff fan. Party thinking he is a smartass.

And hey, everyone knows that people are going to continue pirating, and there are going to be pirates with such impudence as you who are going to justify what they do, but Yiff was an ode to disrespect to the artist and I'm glad he died. A temporary death? Maybe, but considering that creating a page like Yiff requires effort and money, both of which Yiff users generally suffer from, there isn't much to do.

AshV01

Nov 13, 2020
I think someone said it's the problem with database. Either moving the server deleted the database or uploading all of it will take a few days.
Damn its happening to both of my 2 artists that I looked for, welp time to wait, thanks for the info

Doodadad

Oct 10, 2018
Nah, don't expect us to stand up in your defense. You're the one who typed what amounts to a whole blog post pretty much doing the same shit slinging in the opposite direction. Most of us are content just acknowledging that we're kinda shitty regardless.

OnNoNotAgain

Jun 16, 2020
Nah, don't expect us to stand up in your defense. You're the one who typed what amounts to a whole blog post pretty much doing the same shit slinging in the opposite direction. Most of us are content just acknowledging that we're kinda shitty regardless.
at first I thought you actually had to point you wanted to make, but now you're just rambling, I have literally no idea what the hell you're talking about .. you trolled me, I guess I ate the bait, shit happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Fate's End

Hard Knocks

Dec 26, 2019
artist celebrating i think they had shit to do with this View attachment 900988
atleast he actually bothered to fucking announce it, I'll give him that much, knowing him I thought he'd just shut it down out of the blue without explanation and he even admitted it's all on him that the site has died. I hope the next guy that tries this doesn't make the Same mistakes. The admin couldn't keep his scraper running right for 2 years, the next site should focus on a bounty system or something to give people incentive to actually donate content. And it doesn't help that a lot of the time the content isn't even on the patron page, and he could'nt even be bothered to fix the outdated link issue (2 years and he wouldn't even acknowledge it) so yeah, the next site needs to be profit driven because 1 guy who barely cares enough to give a fuck doesn't cut it.

I think we''ve learned that, seeing as how the site fucking ended. At least he didn't leave room for excuses, he just admitted that he "didn't care"

that's basically why the site has died, he just couldn't give less of a fuck if he physically tried. I'm not even going overboard with that analogy, the vibe he gave off was constantly "I don't give........a fuck" the only time I saw him actually being bothered by something was when he got mad that people kept threatening to fuck him in the ass. That was the one thing that got to him.

I'm not even joking

Last edited:
Reactions: Icenberg