Yiff.party is down or gone?

zeronilzero

Oct 21, 2019
The yiff.party domain expired on May 7th, 2020. In fucking May.
The admin then turned the servers OFF - after saying he'd leave them online until they run their course.

As of right now, the site is actually dead.
Cloudflare itself has given up on trying to contact a dead/responseless server.
As a result, all attempts to connect to the domain or subdomains will yield a DNS "could not connect" error.

The only thing that actually matters now is the data. Let's do our best!
I'm not tech savvy. How did you find info about domain expiring in May?

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
Simple. Start with bootstraps. Build something. Then, bit by bit, let it grow!
My only fear is: even if someone builds wanna-be yiff.party how it's gonna stay alive given how imported archives bloat monthly maintenance cost ? Ads are no-go in 2020 and donations well....I think we know how it worked every month with yiff.party.

gustufd789

Nov 15, 2020
Hey if you guys really want a new site to replace Yiff.party, I can contribute my time in it. For now, dev, programmer, anyone who good in computer must made a group so we could contact each other. Any platform of social media is accepted. Telegram, Whatsapp, or Discord is fine with me as long we can connect to each other and build a new site.

gustufd789

Nov 15, 2020
I've saw that Cloudflare server is a bit cheaper than any other server. It also starts with a free Plan for we to try. If you agree with me, please consider reply and we can think it out together.

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
The thing I find most ironic is this:
Most people found out about certain patreon pages and artists through yiff.party...
Now they will actually lose new patrons since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM SHOW THEIR ART FOR FREE!!!
Bad for pirates but worse for those "artists" who need all the pledges they can get. Hell even wildlife has many of their patrons due to pirate sites like yiff so the irony is lost on those fools who are celebrating. :rolleyes:

gustufd789

Nov 15, 2020
I saw that Kemono.party (KP) is an open source. I be able to access and contribute some help to it. So far I been trying to understand how does the scrapper works.

MealowPerolis

Mar 4, 2020
The admin is scum. Even if they didn't have the motivation to continue, giving absolutely zero warning to people ahead of time is just unnecessary.
The worst was that donation goal was hit meaning there was enough cash to pay up maintenance of server for one month - but he went absolutely scummy and just pulled plug without much warning. If we had month, entire archive would be copied without much problems (since people like me would even had some reaction time - i just learned about yiff.party AFTER it's death) - that it will be miracle if we will be able to restore entire yiff.party. So not only he gave zero warnings, destroyed entire archive but also defrauded funds meant for hosting.

VSlasher

Nov 15, 2020
The thing I find most ironic is this:
Most people found out about certain patreon pages and artists through yiff.party...
Now they will actually lose new patrons since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM SHOW THEIR ART FOR FREE!!!
Bad for pirates but worse for those "artists" who need all the pledges they can get. Hell even wildlife has many of their patrons due to pirate sites like yiff so the irony is lost on those fools who are celebrating. :rolleyes:
That is a fallacy. Most of the artists get their patreons through their networks. Many of the artists also release art regularly.

Yiff's audience, for the most part, is the public either without money or who DO NOT WANT to pay for art. So the truth, the contribution in new members that came through Yiff was always VERY minority.

At Yiff.party they didn't care if the artist had a lot of fans, or if he made a lot of money, or if he only did original art and never fanart. Everything was stolen from him and that's it. So the truth, NO, Yiff was not a benefit. It only benefited those who went online to see free things for several years, and now cry for it.

VSlasher

Nov 15, 2020
I really wonder if any of the great minds here hating Yiff's Manager ever made a real contribution to the page? Because it seems that they never moved a finger and now they panic.

gustufd789

Nov 15, 2020
Im okay with paying for art the only shit is that some artist doesn't keep their old art and using a send to mail/dm method. this really is pissed me off!!!!

Reactions: Hard Knocks

KM1912

Dec 7, 2019
Hey if you guys really want a new site to replace Yiff.party, I can contribute my time in it. For now, dev, programmer, anyone who good in computer must made a group so we could contact each other. Any platform of social media is accepted. Telegram, Whatsapp, or Discord is fine with me as long we can connect to each other and build a new site.
We have a discord right here --->

Last edited:

AmelRose

Sep 30, 2019
Honestly good riddance, the admin has done nothing to make the site better, or get mods to moderate the boards or respond to requests or people's questions or artists demands, he just wanted to take all the donation money to themselves.

I'd rather wait a whole year to get content than get it from yiff.party, that place was ruined the day reaction channels and cam whore patreon simps found out about it, it can rot in hell for all I care with the admin with it.

Even kemono.party is heading to the same direction, the admin says on the Telegram group they have 4GB of storage on their site 4 FUCHING GB that's not enough to store 1 patreon page let alone the same storage Yiff.Party did.

Just suck it up, no more free shit, support the people on Patreon instead of throwing it on other sites like Yiff.Party that might pop up and ask for donations, you'd be doing yourself a favour.

Reactions: The J Man

Ivodusa

Apr 17, 2020
Honestly good riddance, the admin has done nothing to make the site better, or get mods to moderate the boards or respond to requests or people's questions or artists demands, he just wanted to take all the donation money to themselves.

I'd rather wait a whole year to get content than get it from yiff.party, that place was ruined the day reaction channels and cam whore patreon simps found out about it, it can rot in hell for all I care with the admin with it.

Even kemono.party is heading to the same direction, the admin says on the Telegram group they have 4GB of storage on their site 4 FUCHING GB that's not enough to store 1 patreon page let alone the same storage Yiff.Party did.

Just suck it up, no more free shit, support the people on Patreon instead of throwing it on other sites like Yiff.Party that might pop up and ask for donations, you'd be doing yourself a favour.
Reaction channels host their videos on YT, Vimeo, and other video platforms. Their posts on YP were 90% nothing more than notifications, links, and passwords taking up a lot less space than actual image file packs from artists.

Same thing for most of the E-thots since more than half of them on YP were just cover page photos for the set to be released on another filesharing site like MEGA or Gdrive.

Paying for the stuff you like to keep people making it is worthwhile, but everyone has a different price there and it's nowhere near feasible to pay for the same volume that YP provided, nor do most artists allow you to see all of what they have to offer before you start paying like YP did. That's not even mentioning the archiving of dead pages that are now permanently lost to the winds.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I'd be happy to support more artists, but like I said earlier in this thread, you're essentially paying for what amounts to a loot box. Because I like an artist doesn't mean I'm interested in all of their art. I can somewhat understand this on Patreon since it has a monthly pay model, but artists release their work on sites like Gumroad and STILL keep them in packs that cost as much as the Patreon subscription, if not more. If I want a single piece of art, variations, etc., I should be able to buy it for a reasonable price and not be forced into buying an expensive pack with a bunch of shit I don't want. If artists sold individual works for $1-$2 each, I'd be buying them up left and right.

VSlasher

Nov 15, 2020
Several artists have pledges that start at $ 1. There are no excuses.

You are really creative when it comes to finding excuses to steal leaked art. At the same time that you say that you are only interested in one or two works by an artist, you boast that you have endorsed several gigs of certain artists.

You were enjoying a robbery. And no, it wasn't food, water, or oxygen. You cannot justify with "I don't have money to pay all the artists" the hacking at the level that was done in YIFF (as you say yourselves, "Dozens of TB of information")

HungryDonkey

Nov 15, 2020
Several artists have pledges that start at $ 1. There are no excuses.

You are really creative when it comes to finding excuses to steal leaked art. At the same time that you say that you are only interested in one or two works by an artist, you boast that you have endorsed several gigs of certain artists.

You were enjoying a robbery. And no, it wasn't food, water, or oxygen. You cannot justify with "I don't have money to pay all the artists" the hacking at the level that was done in YIFF (as you say yourselves, "Dozens of TB of information")
Can you go anywhere else? Your are an artist spamming your hatred on this site.
You are useless here.