• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Yiff.party is down or gone?

Sep 1, 2019
i like how i just sent a post from yiff.party saying its shut down and theres still people asking whats going on
The problem was that it was just text. That could just be anecdotal garbage. You should have taken a screenshot of it, then people would be more inclined to believe you.

asfd112

Feb 1, 2020
Well this blows, how are we supposed to grab all the data from the server if we can't even access the website of yiff normally? Admin up in their own ass in despair that transferring ownership is too much of a hassle? Fuck off with that noise.
Also anyone got stuff from Dearonnus?

Reactions: Megumin.

UnknownStalker

Apr 17, 2019
Well this blows, how are we supposed to grab all the data from the server if we can't even access the website of yiff normally? Admin up in their own ass in despair that transferring ownership is too much of a hassle? Fuck off with that noise.
Also anyone got stuff from Dearonnus?
This is what I don't understand, why he couldn't warn us a month before closing, or at least give us a few days. He has kept the website up, for 5 years, doesn't he has some respect for his work, how can you just blatantly shut it down, after so much time and work, this is beyond understanding!

lewdnano

Nov 10, 2020
Alright, I'm just going to say this.
I don't owe the admin over at yiff.party jack shit. So I cannot be nice here.

The way he handled this was on par with exceptionally hot dogshit .
The yiff.party domain expired on May 7th, 2020. In fucking May.
The admin then turned the servers OFF - after saying he'd leave them online until they run their course.

Not only do I not believe the admin's reasons for shutting down, they lied about keeping the site up.
The admin did not lose interest.
The admin buckled under pressure, likely from fucking something up and not being competent enough to fix it.
The admin was a cheapskate, and - as is typical in the furry community (not all furries) - got greedy and cashed in, instead of taking care of things (the site).

As of right now, the site is actually dead.
Cloudflare itself has given up on trying to contact a dead/responseless server.
As a result, all attempts to connect to the domain or subdomains will yield a DNS "could not connect" error.

The only thing that actually matters now is the data. Let's do our best!

NVG

Sep 22, 2020

The admin then turned the servers OFF - after saying he'd leave them online until they run their course.

Not only do I not believe the admin's reasons for shutting down, they lied about keeping the site up.
The admin buckled under pressure, likely from fucking something up and not being competent enough to fix it.
The admin was a cheapskate, and - as is typical in the furry community (not all furries) - got greedy and cashed in, instead of taking care of things (the site).

As a result, all attempts to connect to the domain or subdomains will yield a DNS "could not connect" error.

Assuming people can actually get the data and start anew or post it somewhere receptive.

N.D.

Nov 11, 2020

IKR! The dumbass admin could've warned us beforehand that he was gonna shut the site down for at least a month. But, instead he just gave us all a stupid ass reason about closing yiff after leaving us all in the dark with no notice whatsoever.

WIEDZMIN225

Jul 1, 2020
Anyone know sites like yiff.party ?? " " it doesn't work for me.Thanks

Shinra33459

Jul 13, 2019
So I guess the real question is where do we go, and what do we do now? With the data for yiff.party inaccessible and the with the server's IP address no longer being able to be found, how many years will it take to get a site as large as yiff? How do we even approach such a task, let alone get any funding to create such a service? If the admin wanted to leave, that's fine, but he should've given us a couple months worth of a warning so that this shit never would've been a problem in the first place.

Shinra33459

Jul 13, 2019
Simple. Start with bootstraps. Build something. Then, bit by bit, let it grow!
Before even that, we need an organized effort to get it done and to pick site staff that won't just up and leave just because they can. Until we get just that, all this talk of creating an alternative to yiff will be in vain.

Haptly74

Nov 13, 2020
that and need a system for pople to link thare patreon acc and bots to then grab thare rewards and have a profile of the artist on the page like yiff.party did

asfd112

Feb 1, 2020
So the data and all the goods at yiff is as good as dead then? Someone must've backed up some of the stuff to be as latest as possible

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
So the data and all the goods at yiff is as good as dead then? Someone must've backed up some of the stuff to be as latest as possible
Some people on kemono.party claim to have some backups of a few hundred creators. I'm sure there are others too that haven't spoken up, but no doubt there was an enormous amount of stuff permanently lost though because the original Patreon doesn't exist anymore.

skoolby

Jan 12, 2019
cover2.jpg
The end of an Era. godspeed everyone scrambling for refuge.

[edit] no cap though kemono doesn't work for shit, Thothub got a clone pretty recently so I'm hyped for the yiff clone