Yiff.party is down or gone?

KM1912

Dec 7, 2019
Imma repost this because it's big sad time

we gather here today for our fallen friend Yiff.party it was good but it had its downs, Yiff gave us what we wanted and it served well but i think it's time we all shall press F and put this wonderful friend to rest

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Someone link a repository and get things going. Nothing will happen until something happens. Maybe unfortunately it has to start over from scratch but if it does it does. Waiting around for a miraculous backup isn't practical, and besides there needs to be something to put the backup on if it does materialize. Do what can be done, get a new site up, and if the backup appears deal with it then.

The_Archivist

Jan 9, 2019
Oh for FUCK'S sake I still had some stuff bookmarked to grab later. This is what waiting gets me. Plus this was a primo source for great content I was tracking. I hope all that data isn't lost at least, but this sucks going forward.

KM1912

Dec 7, 2019
Welp it's gone and now it's time to start making anew but a new one where everything is allowed so there won't be a shit show

シュマコ

Feb 12, 2020
It was the only place I know that regularly updated the patreon content for dishwasher1910, kinkymation, and reiq.

I'm an idiot for only saving dishwasher1910's NSFW art and not his regular art.

I didn't save any of kinkymation's and reiq's art because who could've guessed that the admin. would SHUT DOWN the website because he didn't want to do it anymore!

He could've given the website to someone who cared to keep the website running but he didn't because he didn't want to deal with the trouble!

5 years of collecting and sharing patreon content wasted.

Last edited:
Reactions: MealowPerolis

kulas195

Nov 15, 2020

I'm not good at programming, but I found this scraper, if it helps anyone building a new site I will happy

May yiff.party rest in peace, the dev gave us a lot... now let's move on

Reactions: DarkStutzel

Snesruler

Nov 21, 2017
I remember when Exhentai almost went down for good. That felt almost equally dumb, because it happened very suddenly as well. Think people got a few days warning to save shit before it was shutting down?

Thankfully that site owner wasn't quite as retarded as this one, and actually accepted someone else taking care of the servers (transferred them to some other country)

This guy though is plain stupid. No words for it.

asfd112

Feb 1, 2020
It was the only place I know that regularly updated the patreon content for DISHWASHER1910, KINKYMATION, and REIQ.

I'm an idiot for only saving DISHWASHER1910's NSFW art and not his regular art.
Care to share the contents of dishwasher1910? His art is what got me to know yiff in the first place

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
I can't say much about this because I had no idea of what's going on. But I'm sure that the site will not died completely. there could be a chance that the site admin changed his mind...and retrieve back the site. the reason of the site facing such an error is could be due to high traffic load from its user. If we not panicking and "go with the flow" we could get to the artist page.

Can Someone answer me : do you need to keep you computer turn on all the time in order to ran a website (like yiff dot party?)
because if not why does admin need to shut down the website completely???

even if he lazy/busy to fix the importer or monitor the site, why just not let the site runnin in the back ground? its not like disturb you right??? Every end of month just pay the amount needed by the site.
He hosted the website in cloud. In old times, you had to have PC constantly turned on to have your website accessible. Contemporary solution is to develop in a cud where for a fee you have 100 or close to 100 % uptime of your website. The ugly part is when your website has low income and high traffic for which you have to pay to Amazon and similar hosting companies.
He probably alos needed to keep importer up to date as pateon programmers were not making to easy for him.