Ren'Py Abandoned Youkai Street [v0.2] [Ourochan]

Boss Sappho

Aug 2, 2017
why do people put the lesbian tag in games with only male protagonists? its so annoying, im looking for lesbian games and this comes up because it has one girl on girl scene.

Reactions: Roseyurilife

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Nope, is her vagina is read the book :eek:penedeyewink:
its always have been obvious that for girls like that.. their vagina is more advanced and intelligent than the girl herself..

experience you know...

well...

hm hm..

[ ] <<< *i m out* XD

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
If it's not a completed game, don't show it as "1.0". Bloody moron. Fed up with developers like you. I was going to masturbate to your game, but now I'm not. Gonna instantly put it in the trash.
did you see the "complete" tag nea the title ????

no ????

well then its not complete.. 1.0 or 0.1 that change nothing but number. i know some "complete" game that have no content at all, and some 0.1 non complete that have shit tons of content.

always refer to the main title tag before the others tag :)

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
If it's not a completed game, don't show it as "1.0". Bloody moron. Fed up with developers like you. I was going to masturbate to your game, but now I'm not. Gonna instantly put it in the trash.
if i ever make a game, i will version my first release as v6.69.96!

Reactions: ArchmageFil

Roseyurilife

Jan 7, 2018
why do people put the lesbian tag in games with only male protagonists? its so annoying, im looking for lesbian games and this comes up because it has one girl on girl scene.
I am right there with you buddy. what really annoys me is that in whatever game there might be 20 scenes with a male but 1-3 lesbian scenes and it's not that long

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
The valid portion of the point being made about the version, although it is being made in a petulant and childish manner, is that: a version should not be 1.x until a chapter/section/segment has been completed. Whole version numbers are supposed to be, and are expected to be, an indication that the player will be able to enjoy a complete story that has a satisfying stopping point. This does not mean that the game is complete or that there is not far more in the story arc, but there should be enough finished content to serve as a public release.

This game does not even remotely qualify for that and, when it does, it looks to be a fun and interesting story and game. However, spoofing your version just to get more downloads only bites you in the ass as players get pissed off at being lied to about how far along game development has progressed. Many would much rather wait until you have something ready then waste their time on something with no satisfying stopping point. Versions less than a whole number are for those who wish to help with the game development by debugging and providing quality feedback.

Spoofing your version only angers players and will cause them to ignore your efforts when you finally get to a valid whole number release. Just change your version to 0.1 and proceed from there. You'll get much better player support with a valid version.

Ouro-Chan

Mar 6, 2018
First of all, thanks to everyone for all the feedback, the amounts of comments I received was very helpful! So let me go over what I changed and what my plan is for the future:

Changes:
Changed the version number from 1.0 to 0.2
- I didn't mean to create any confusion when I posted it as 1.0, Ren'Py labeled my distribution as 1.0 so I just rolled with that. I have plenty of future updates planned so an actual 1.0 is going to be much more complete than what I first posted.
Changed the game from a linear story to a more choice-orientated one.
- You can now choose what order you talk to the girls, allowing you to see your preferred girl naked first.
- I changed this because a lot of you said you prefer having choices rather than a linear story. It's still a very early version of this as I slapped it together last night and this morning but I'll be posting a poll on my patreon so please tell me which version you prefer.
Add scenes with Umeko (Art Club) and some more dialogue with Aki and the Nurse.
- The Umeko one is still pretty early so I'll be adding more context to it in later versions. I just wanted to add something else in case you already played the first version. As for the Aki and Nurse dialogue, they're mostly just placeholders for now.

Conclusion:
Once again, thanks for all the feedback you've given me. I didn't mean to seem silent during this time. The moment I read those comments I knew I had to make it right somehow. So a small (emergency) update, with a new type of style of storytelling I look forward to hearing your response about the new update!

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
@Gab @muttdoggy Looking to Update this one.

Updated: 29-05-18
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: 0.2
Language: English

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Downloads v0.2
PC: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
The valid portion of the point being made about the version, although it is being made in a petulant and childish manner, is that: a version should not be 1.x until a chapter/section/segment has been completed. Whole version numbers are supposed to be, and are expected to be, an indication that the player will be able to enjoy a complete story that has a satisfying stopping point. This does not mean that the game is complete or that there is not far more in the story arc, but there should be enough finished content to serve as a public release.

This game does not even remotely qualify for that and, when it does, it looks to be a fun and interesting story and game. However, spoofing your version just to get more downloads only bites you in the ass as players get pissed off at being lied to about how far along game development has progressed. Many would much rather wait until you have something ready then waste their time on something with no satisfying stopping point. Versions less than a whole number are for those who wish to help with the game development by debugging and providing quality feedback.

Spoofing your version only angers players and will cause them to ignore your efforts when you finally get to a valid whole number release. Just change your version to 0.1 and proceed from there. You'll get much better player support with a valid version.
but it is a valid version, there are no laws, rules or anything dictating where you should start your version numbering, if he wants to start with v9.0 then let him, i don't care what version number he uses as long as he gives out a working product each version. this entire version number crap has been carried on far too long and in too many threads by too many ppl who should just shut the fuck up and enjoy the game or else go do anything else.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
but it is a valid version, there are no laws, rules or anything dictating where you should start your version numbering, if he wants to start with v9.0 then let him, i don't care what version number he uses as long as he gives out a working product each version. this entire version number crap has been carried on far too long and in too many threads by too many ppl who should just shut the fuck up and enjoy the game or else go do anything else.
Not to mention, the Dev already has answered these concerns, we are on v0.2 now.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Not to mention, the Dev already has answered these concerns, we are on v0.2 now.
if it had been me, i woulda made the update v2.0 and even added a clickable link in the menu about versioning so when the idiots who get their panties all twisted over version numbers click it, it just displays a single picture of a hand with 1 finger sticking up hahahaha

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1831, in <module>
NameError: name 'rank_Aki' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 1831, in script
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Youkai Street 1.0
Wed May 30 08:52:37 2018

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 1831, in script
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Downloads\YoukaiStreet-0 2-pc\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Youkai Street 1.0
Wed May 30 08:52:37 2018
Are you able to proceed through it or revert out of it. Often in Ren'py you can. Calling @Ouro-Chan for awareness.

Ouro-Chan

Mar 6, 2018
I found the problem and fixed it right away, thanks for letting me know! If you find any other problems please let me know! Either way the new version is up on the Patreon.

Reactions: Csilla