Ren'Py Abandoned Youkai Street [v0.2] [Ourochan]

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
I found the problem and fixed it right away, thanks for letting me know! If you find any other problems please let me know! Either way the new version is up on the Patreon.
Awesome, yep, I got everything here updated to v0.2 so people can check it out. I would like to give a shout out as I believe the lone Patron right now, but it is a good sign that @Ouro-Chan is responsive and involved in the discussion here. Take a look and consider throwing some support if you like the project.

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Played the game, was ok. quirky. Did not really care about the version debate.I appreciate the creator is aware of player/readers opinions. Just want to warn him about changing his creation in response to what he might read here and elsewhere. Art by committee never works. Look at all the vn/games around here ruined by creators changing their work because of patreon polls and forum postings. But then it probably attracts a certain amount of extra money so...
personally i appreciate choices in games but not in vn's. Choose your own adventure books are crap. A good story is carefully crafted by an author. So what are you creating? Game give us choices. VN tell your story how you want to tell it.

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
It is showing error while talking to aki:-
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1831, in <module>
NameError: name 'rank_Aki' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 1831, in script
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-0.2-pc\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1831, in <module>
NameError: name 'rank_Aki' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Youkai Street 1.0
Wed May 30 16:00:33 2018

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Talking to Aki just gives the error mentioned previously, while talking to Mayumi jumps to the dialog choices for Chizu. Also Im not seeing any content, hell Im not even getting the scenes (well ok I got the 'stuck dildo' scene) from the screenshots section.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I got around the rank_Aki bug by enabling the console and setting rank_Aki=0 before talking to her.

I didn't bother with the Mayumi bug. I'll just wait for the next bugfix release. :p

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Fixed the Mayumi and Aki bug. New fixed version is live! If I miss anything else let me know!
I doesn't appear to be available on your Patreon (all links there are dead), and the links here are still to the buggy version.

If you have the fixed version available somewhere, please let us know where. :) Thanks.

Ouro-Chan

Mar 6, 2018
For some reason the link I put into my patreon goes to a different link than what I submit. I managed to fix the PC version with the MEGA link for now but the rest I'll have to mess around with. Here's the links in the meantime:
[PC] (MEGA):

[MAC] (MEGA):

[PC] (Mediafire):

[MAC] (Mediafire):

Sorry for the inconvenience.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
For some reason the link I put into my patreon goes to a different link than what I submit. I managed to fix the PC version with the MEGA link for now but the rest I'll have to mess around with. Here's the links in the meantime:
[PC] (MEGA):

[MAC] (MEGA):

[PC] (Mediafire):

[MAC] (Mediafire):

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Confirmed that at least the PC Mega link works and is the updated and fixed version. :) Both the Mayumi and rank_Aki bugs are fixed.

Thank you @Ouro-Chan !

Ouro-Chan

Mar 6, 2018
No thank you! As for the post on Patreon I'm not sure what was going on there but I fixed most of the links. The Mediafire one for the Mac is really bugging me but at least you can just use the MEGA link for now.

Reactions: phreadom

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Gotta say, just finished giving this game a try for the first time and really enjoyed the story and humor, and nice renders to boot. Much more entertaining then I originally thought it would be and I very much look forward to the next update. Well done dev!

Reactions: phreadom