SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Sure, if he was writing in Spanish. In English, "opt" is a word, and "optional" derives from it. So I just can't help but cringe that I'm not reading the "opt" in optional.
That is how he says it.....the game is not perfectly translated. And well means optional in English.

0.11 and it's large enough to require a compressed version?

Well that's new.
It is in the changelog.

The game goes from weighing 4.79 GB to less than 400 Mb. The resolution seems the same to me and although it is difficult to believe, I think it looks the same whether the game weighs 400 Mb or 4 Gb. I will leave the 400 Mb version as the base version and I will leave the 4.79 Gb available in case any device has problems. But I don't think it's necessary, it's not because of my computer, my astigmatism or the fact that Cruncher really works, but with the light version it looks the same.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
That is how he says it.....the game is not perfectly translated. And well means optional in English.

It is in the changelog.
I understand they mean the same thing, it just makes me cringe. i.e if I used that spelling in an English test back in my school days, I'd fail, rightfully so because of the incorrect spelling.

In other words...
I'm this guy.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I understand they mean the same thing, it just makes me cringe. i.e if I used that spelling in an English test back in my school days, I'd fail, rightfully so because of the incorrect spelling.

In other words...
I'm this guy.
Yeah, he's used it forever, just doesn't bother me, and there other things as well not translated, it is what it is.

Im stuck in the same damn spot
Are you sure you didn't skip something or are supposed to go somewhere else first?

Oct 31, 2021
>male on futa content
Aw sweet, we barely ever get to see that!
>half the dialogue options drop your alpha points no matter what
Yeah okay, never mind.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Really enjoyed this game, I think it did really good work with setting a femdom/futadom story without completely jumping the shark with hyper-fetishistic stuff that breaks the suspension of disbelief. Sure it has a moderately dystopic setting with some loose morals and rules, but the characters generally feel like actual people living actual lives. The story was also good enough to keep my interest.

One thing I really have to compliment the game on though is how it implemented the alpha/beta system and, more importantly, how it integrated the themes of that dynamic into the story and gameplay experience of it. The game design where you either fully commit to being alpha or fully commit to being beta was something I always found rather plain, but I have always been intrigued by the idea of a game that was designed around being a "switch" for the express purpose of self-adaptation and social manipulation, in fact that was one of the main things I found exciting about the early builds of Kingdom of Deception, before that game's development completely went to shit.

I thought being a manipulating switch protag doing their best to cunningly rise themselves out of an unfavorable situation was the very premise of KoD, but it later completely abandoned that design phylosophy later on in favor of the more bland "play as a strict dom or as a strict sub" design. So I'm really happy to see that "Your Place" seems to be fully commited to the idea of designing that the MC's best course of action is to be more of a sub and more of a dom according to the situation, also it is pretty smart how that design fits with the malesub setting since it makes sense that the MC can't just thundercock his way out of all his problems, but neither should he be a doormat to every person in his life.

The balance of the point system is also in a good place I think. I personally enjoy more complex games that are difficult to plot the perfect optimal route, but for a more casual and linear experience like this game has been so far, I think I'm fine with this being a bit on the easier side. Only "problem" I noticed is that it seems easy to be completely maxed out on relationship points with some characters, particularly the MC's sisters, that's fine from a story-telling standpoint, but feels like a bit of a waste and makes me think if I could have picked more options that they don't like just for the purpose of farming more alpha/beta points in some situations. Would be interesting if "excess" relationship points could be converted into either skill or alpha/beta points automatically with certain characters (e.g, if you have 50 extra points with Sas you gain an extra 5 beta points, or 1 extra dexterity point, etc).

Definitely looking forward to future updates, excited to see how it will progress.

Swedra

Aug 13, 2018
Im just glad a game like this doesnt have the seemingly obligatory "sissification" tag for once, to each their own of course.

Y2k94

Jan 16, 2019
thanks for the question if i trust a modified save to just basically tell me i don't care if you do i won't load it! then don't act like you give me an option!

chan1986

Aug 21, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 3487, in <module>
NameError: name 'rwdana' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 16055, in script call
  File "game/myscreens.rpyc", line 3487, in script
  File "F:\YourPlace-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "F:\YourPlace-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\YourPlace-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 3487, in <module>
NameError: name 'rwdana' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Wed Dec  6 22:39:52 2023

please assisthere

Reactions: rayserker7
4.20 star(s) 27 Votes