VN Others Completed YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (2019) [Final] [MAGES. Inc./Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
My understanding is that they removed all the actual sex in the reboot, but the original had a fair bit of it, and had themes revolving around sexuality (which I assume remain).

Then again, I had no idea that they were officially localizing this one so...time to go on AN EXCELLENT ADVENTURE once again. I'll throw up a review once I finish a playthrough, for anyone curious about how it compares to the original.

Last edited:

nyalest

May 21, 2017
Is not really so much about the art styles of the old and new but about the censorship that went to it. i mean just look at the differences in it, the old one was sexy and it seems it did't shy away from it, this new one is like they want it to make it rated teen. And not a adult game.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
finished the anime recently, is this any better? i mean the story wasnt amazing but they left so many things out and never explained half of it, and ends with a cliffhanger lol when i herd it was a VN i figured it had some good scenes maybe theres plenty of sex hinted in the anime and hell the protag has a kid, but theres nothing? kinda wow is all i got to say

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
This is the remake of the original
Hmmm... Guys, it realy not funny... It not f***ing remake.. It just game for funs who wath anime right now... Why i ned play this version game if i already have 26 episodes Anime and have original game were is have sex scenes? It soo stupid... YYou know Anime Cllanad? Yes, it Anime what have 22+22 ep + movie + 5 sp ep... Original Game not have any sex, it just VN, but Game is realy avesome, and can be totaly different what you make chose and only in game you can see scenes waht in Anime or if have but scripres, or i not contain in total...Well, i think it popular disgin make games on movie and make movie on games... -___-

Last edited by a moderator:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Hmmm... Guys, it realy not funny... It not f***ing remake.. It just game for funs who wath anime right now... Why i ned play this version game if i already have 26 episodes Anime and have original game were is have sex scenes? It soo stupid... YYou know Anime Cllanad? Yes, it Anime what have 22+22 ep + movie + 5 sp ep... Original Game not have any sex, it just VN, but Game is realy avesome, and can be totaly different what you make chose and only in game you can see scenes waht in Anime or if have but scripres, or i not contain in total...Well, i think it popular disgin make games on movie and make movie on games... -___-
tenor.gif

don't wanna be an ass or something, but holy shit... so many grammar mistakes in a row... that must be a new record.

owneris

Feb 20, 2018
Well for me the game stops working at the end of prologue and looking at the Steam forums I'm not the only one. So far there is no fix, unless someone here knows something about it?

maddrd

Aug 19, 2016
I know this doesn't show sex scenes but does it at least implied sex or off screen sex or is the sex completely non-existent.

TAIMAT

Jan 4, 2018
after hearing about the prologue bug, i ff through the game until i passed prologue & started a.d.m.s, no crash (thank hubal) ... but i noticed some graphical bugs (misplaced characters & animated parts) when reading the vn in full screen mode that won't appear in window mode :cry:
2019-10-04_092019.jpg 2019-10-04_092020.jpg

Last edited:

RavenFamiliar

Jan 25, 2019
From both here and another site I've been hearing about graphical bugs. Do you think it's better to wait on a patch?

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
My understanding is that they removed all the actual sex in the reboot, but the original had a fair bit of it, and had themes revolving around sexuality (which I assume remain).
yep, original (1997 - elf) do have actual sex content, while remake (2017 - 5pb) didn't have any

5pb don't makes vn with actual sex content =)

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Aside from people not liking the art style, what does everyone think of this game? I'm having post-game depression after beating The Somnium Files, so I really want a good VN to replace it.
I would not recommend this game after a comedy or at least light hearted vn that AI seems to be (at least form the reviews i watched for it). This game has pretty damn heavy elements to it as of now i got two endings and its clear this is not a light hearted vn in its endings. Its a drama very obviously.

For the vn itself there is a raging discussion in the steam sub if the TL they went with is great or utter shit, so its hard to tell as of now. Personally the remake feels rushed at times. A few examples would be black screens i got with ui, text and voice over still playing, so i have a very hard time figuring out if those are bugs or if that was intentionally done. If its intentional its lazy af. Oh also things like the dreaded god ray censorship are present in the "uncut" steam version.

22052080.580000002_image.png

Something personal. I really am not a fan of point and click games and this remake shows me again why that is. Its not even the combine everything with everything trope so many bring up so often, i didn't see much of that. Its the dialouge delivery and the fact that lines repeate themselves with slight alterations very, very, very often. Also you have to click trough every line sometimes even everything on screen to advance the scene and its mandetory with characters to even move on to the next screen.

The result is the pacing is borderline aggravating, at least for me. It took me 5 whole hours to see the title card, i do play it blind. So maybe i'm really bad at it, possible but even if i cut a whole hour off of this time its still very damn tedious. Not much of a fan of the save system itself as well. You have plot related crystals that allow you to place manual one time save slots, you get those crystals back after loading them, but the save point itself is gone for good, so you need to place another crystal to have a save solt again. There are ten in the entire game, you start with only four and you get a flowchart 3D kind of map to orient yourself as to where they are. You also get one manual saveslot, which overwrites itself everytime you save, so its not very much of use. It sounds like you have to have all ten of those crystals to finish the game, btw which is another layer of tedium to something that grates on my patience already.

On the plus side its very clear this is one of the prime inspirations for steins;gate (subject matter and the way the time travel is done) so if you love that as much as i do this game should still convince you to play it, even if its for the story only.
Hell maybe i imagine it but even the music tracks sound sometimes like nitro and 5bp were indeed inspired by yu-no as they did the ost for it. Its at times giving me nostalgia for music i never heard before.

Last edited:

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
I dont understand why they took out the sexual content in the remake. Anyone knows if there is a reason for it?

Man of Steel

Aug 7, 2017
The new art is not terrible compared to its peers but compared to the original? It's not even in the same ballpark. There are so much more personality to each art pieces, the use of contouring and shades, they're so nice to look at (not just the sexy ones).

Also notice how in the old art, the girls have more meat to their bones. The girl with glasses sitting down, you can see her calves, the thighs have fat sticking out from her sitting position. The new one is just stick legs. Voluptous, or T H I C C. That's the word I'm looking for. Anime girls these days are no longer drawn to feature full womanly bodies. Their bodies are drawn using the basis of young high school girls. It's so disappointing.

And no, big boobs alone doesn't equate to voluptous in my book. Need to look at the overall body composition and curvature. I feel like artists place too much emphasis on boob size, without realizing that good waist, thigh, butt, shoulder, legs are all factors. Slapping a pair of watermelons on a stick figure doesn't make it sexy.
Yep I agree, the cg with the girl on her knees in front of the rock script, her legs look more natural on the old ones. Heck the legs look more natural on all the old ones, BUT I also think that the girls shoulders look completely out of proportion, much more like male shoulders, and holy crap, the thing I very much hate about the old cgs is the fact that in almost every old anime style the hair looks fucking terrible, I mean those front locks are one of the things that make me like "WHYY, why the fuck is that a thing.....". Personally the only thing that I find better about the old cgs is the legs, and even that isnt for all the old cgs. For example the lady looking into the well, I personally prefer an ass without fatty folds........ And I for one like my fantasies beautiful rather than old, I mean hey its a fantasy, why confine your thoughts to realistic stuff, why would you want to fuck a fat ass grandma when you could go fuck a beautiful young lady, or a sexy alien, elf, a totally unimagined species, etc......

Last edited:

TinyTanya

May 11, 2018
Thanks for the remake Ryahn

View attachment 417382

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be fair the art in the old game was nothing special either it's just the generic 90s Anime style while the remake is using the generic modern style, i still like the 90s style better myself but i can't really deny that mostly comes down to nostalgia and not much else.

I dont understand why they took out the sexual content in the remake. Anyone knows if there is a reason for it?
To get the game on consoles obviously it's not even the first all ages version and they have high profile voice actors who would never work on hentai content.
The hentai stuff was always a bit tagged on since the publishing company back then requested most of it from the writers after the first draft since they only published eroge from what i read on other forums.

So it says no sexual content, but the official website specifically rates it for sexual content, and the vndb says the steam version is uncensored, which means there is something that needed to be censored in the first place. So what’s going on?
There are some light censored CGs in the console versions while the the pc version has them uncensored, they are not even fully nude just panty shots and such.

Last edited:

tadams587

Jan 30, 2018
There is no way this is the final version. Though the CG might differ from the Switch & PC Version the text is the same. I am playing version 1.01 on the Switch, in the cave there is a typo when inserting the black medallion in the indent just before the gate. When putting the black medallion in that specific place, the game reads "you put the white medaIlion in the indent". I know the white medallion does belong there not the black one, but thats becides the point. The point is the typo exsists so the have to patch it, i already sent them a message.

Second, there is a spot where yuuki is supposed show at the school gate one the mio branching paths, but yuuki doesn't show. Unless they altered the branching path, which makes using a walkthrough from the classic version not 100% dependable. Although I'm not 100% sure if I did it correctly, so the second problem might not exsist. But I am 100% sure that typo does exsist.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes