Ren'Py Yuri University [v0.60.1] [chekkin games]

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes
Oct 17, 2018
Great work always happy to see new yuri game and it being harem only makes it better.
Also i see we already have token ''WHY NO GUYS IN YURI GAME'' guy i wonder how many of them will crop up

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
If you remember, would you mind pointing out exactly where you saw this occur? Because it's something I've tried very hard to avoid. The game has several ways of remembering what you've done and with whom, so if a character talked about something you haven't done, that's an error I'd like to fix.

Thank you so much for downloading and trying it out, even if it wound up not being for you. You're right that it's mostly a stylistic choice: I wanted to give the impression that other characters in the house also fool around with each other.

It should take most people 3-6 hours to get through everything currently in the game, although of course if you're only pursuing 1 character it'll be a lot quicker. But I'll keep this thread updated as more content is released!

I suggest pursuing Hannah, that's her jam :D

Thanks for checking it out everyone!
Yes I actually do remember precisely, I went to the Gym 1 morning cause Scarlet was there & a scene triggered with a new girl introducing herself. Picking any option other than "I have to leave" led to a monologue of that character about the protagonist discovering her homosexual side yadayada. The scene she referred to (talk with Alice about that topic) did not happen beforehand though & the protagonist certainly hadn't done anything at that point that would have qualified as "exploring her homosexuality".

If it's alright I would like to make 1 final argument against the way the "they fool around with each other" is implemented. You do not have to follow it & as I sad despite being a moodkiller for myself I do not think it tarnishes the game beyond personal preferences on my end. It would add quite a bit to the depth of the individual characters if they wouldn't randomly get intimate with everyone. Especially since it is established for a good amount of them to be that open, while others are not. Just throwing all that overboard after 6 days ingame seems a bit strange to me, even though it's of course a stylistic choice that you have every right to make.
I can't tell how complicated it would be to implement, but why don't make the game keep track of what the protagonist did? If a player focuses on a single character (the scene even acknowledges if she's only kissed 1 single person) there could be an alternation to the scene where (in this case Scarlet) the npc you focused on gets to make-out with the protagonist instead.
This is just an idea ofc, but it's 1 that I feel like wouldn't take away anything from the players who love to just go for harem stuff, while at the same time allowing people who like to do each route individually (instead of everything in 1 playthrough) the freedom of choice.

Anyway, I can't rate your game in good faith after only seeing the intro, basically, but it would be a solid 3.5 as of now (3 being a decent rating in my book, so 3.5 is actually above average for sure)

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
for this game to get better, it just needed not to be made with the dolls from the Illusion games. If it was with original renders and etc.
But you can't have everything...

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
No males. Superior game.
Based and yuri-pilled.

too bad about the time limit
I thought so as well, time limits stress me the fuck out. So, I made a small mod that should hopefully alleviate the issue.
When you hit day 50, you'll get the option to jump back a week instead - but be careful, I barely tested it and there is a slight chance that this might break your save. So, save on day 49, just to be on the safe side.

Put the attached file into \game\scripts (create the folder if necessary) and you're good to go. Probably.

And chekkingames :

I wish you the best of luck with your game! Looking forward to further updates.
If you're using Discord, feel free to hop on this server here:

It's a steadily growing community centered around games containing exhibitionism - and yours certainly seems to qualify ^^
We've got a whole bunch of devs in there already, and a userbase that is always hungry for more content ;)

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I just barely started so I can't say much about how well it all works but it always makes me happy to see someone try a yuri harem. At least I noticed that the grammar isn't an atrocity, so that's a good start.

Anyway.
Something I feel all VNs should have is transparent textboxes so you can see the images without having to press H every single time, as well as an outline on the text so it's readable without the textbox.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It would be really nice to have that option.

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Excited to see so many people trying the game and offering suggestions, thanks everyone!

Based and yuri-pilled.

I thought so as well, time limits stress me the fuck out. So, I made a small mod that should hopefully alleviate the issue.
When you hit day 50, you'll get the option to jump back a week instead - but be careful, I barely tested it and there is a slight chance that this might break your save. So, save on day 49, just to be on the safe side.

Put the attached file into \game\scripts (create the folder if necessary) and you're good to go. Probably.

And chekkingames :

I wish you the best of luck with your game! Looking forward to further updates.
If you're using Discord, feel free to hop on this server here:

It's a steadily growing community centered around games containing exhibitionism - and yours certainly seems to qualify ^^
We've got a whole bunch of devs in there already, and a userbase that is always hungry for more content ;)
The time limit was a last minute addition, and a quick fix to a problem I foresaw. I originally just let the game continue as long as the player wanted, but I have events planned for specific days in the future, and wasn't totally sure the best way to do it if the player had moved past them.
However, I like your solution MUCH more! The code looks good at a glance - the day system is super simple, so that should work (as long as renpy doesn't mind it not being archived, haven't checked) I think I'll do something similar in my next update!

Also I'll join that discord later, thanks!

I just barely started so I can't say much about how well it all works but it always makes me happy to see someone try a yuri harem. At least I noticed that the grammar isn't an atrocity, so that's a good start.

Anyway.
Something I feel all VNs should have is transparent textboxes so you can see the images without having to press H every single time, as well as an outline on the text so it's readable without the textbox.

It would be really nice to have that option.
I love the look of this, thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if I can add it as an option - I'd rather not force it on people if they prefer the textbox. I have a rough idea how to do that - though as anyone who's looked at my code can attest to, I'm pretty new to coding!

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I love the look of this, thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if I can add it as an option - I'd rather not force it on people if they prefer the textbox. I have a rough idea how to do that - though as anyone who's looked at my code can attest to, I'm pretty new to coding!
Hordragg, the absolute legend, helped me solve that exact problem a while ago by implementing a textbox opacity slider in the options menu.
Hit me up on Discord later, I'll send you the code snippets ^^

Kuriichi

Dec 29, 2017
Great work always happy to see new yuri game and it being harem only makes it better.
Also i see we already have token ''WHY NO GUYS IN YURI GAME'' guy i wonder how many of them will crop up
*F95 Poster storms into OB/Gyn practice* "What?! No dick doctors?! LAAAAAAAME!"

This game got some fine ass tags. Will check out.

xwrathsx

Dec 24, 2021
haven't played it yet, but pretty sure from what i see i will be a patron soon gotta try it first :)

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
I never post here. But this game was pretty good, congrats. I think it could use a bit of improvement in terms of sequencing - some of the things the character does seem to imply that certain thresholds have been crossed, but then later scenes imply that they haven't. Like, one scene with Scarlett that's pretty intimate (modeling, etc) but then later she's like "I get to see you naked", er, sure, but like I was two sleep-overs and one modelling session in at this point. Sometimes it's just a bit weird, but I missed all of Alice's content until very near the end, and her content is all about trying new things, and the dialogue didn't work at all considering Rose's experiences thus far.

Aside from that, I'm not a fan of the time limit, personally, but there's tons of content to get to so it didn't feel like I missed much. I have no idea what the skills are for though? Forgot they were a thing.

It would be nice to have a scene gallery to replay scenes that aren't repeatable.

Er, there were some other things I thought could be improved, but overall, I think it's really well done, and anyone wishing to try won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Orphanus

demonbra

May 5, 2021
Hi
This is the best start I saw in a very long time.
I confirm, there are already several hours of content, with really hot stuff.
The writing feels natural and fluent, without mistake (or at least none that I could see). The visuals are correct for this engine, and the animations great. I was a bit skeptical about the MC's physic, as mainstream standards (including mine) would say she is the less attractive of the group, but I didn't had any problem with it ingame.

The characters are enjoyable. Maybe a bit too much, everyone is a bit too nice. But it's a very refreshing change from all the psycho games, where half characters are manipulative assholes or sociopaths.
My only complain would be Ezri's outfit. It's too much and breaks the realism. There is enough sexual tension in the game and content, so there is no real need to exaggerate it that much. But it's only my personal taste.

I also found 3 coding mistakes. Spoilers alert !

I am a bit skeptical about the time limit and the arbitrary stat requirement (which are, almost, all very well balanced) : as there is no adversary, bad character, huge goal to achieve (except getting laid and getting graduated, in that importance order...). It gives me the impression I am playing against the game, and I must try an "optimal path" the play it, which I did : skill book for reading, then skill book for money, then skill book for stats...
It gave me that D&D feeling where you try to optimize your character stats instead of going with the flow. It's too bad because the game is so enjoyable.
It's a very tricky thing, all stat games have to find a good balance in it. And I don't pretend to have a magical formula to make it perfect. But it was the feeling I got from it.

Anyway, congratulations. It's nice, it's enjoyable, it's positive.
My comment is supposed to be a supporting one.

I can sense the huge amount of work put in it, so (y)

PS : Did I miss the orgy scene ? The third picture ? Or is it only a teaser ?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
This game checks so many boxes for me, i'm really interested in trying it... but a timer in a sandbox game? Ugh, it goes in complete contradiction of what sandbox is about. VN's are the content coming at you in the order the author decided, sandbox is the author dumping the content out and telling you to go at your own pace in whatever order you like so long as you meet the requirements. So you've put a pace setter on a 'go at your own pace' game... that's not 'your own pace'. These are mutually exclusive concepts forced to horribly tangle together. Please pick one of these two lanes and stick with it as you develop your game, please.

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes