Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
An elaboration on some stuff

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I feel like a lot of the stuff I have in isn't surfaced well enough.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
An elaboration on some stuff

You already did great and your explanations are in line to what my general understanding about the (point systems) game mechanics especially. I have not figured the 'value' of each skill yet (this will become clear later on, so no issue there).

I feel like a lot of the stuff I have in isn't surfaced well enough.
Yes, there are a lot of stuffs in this first version and they aren't materialized fully yet because it is too early. They will have impact later on. However, this initial state gives the impression (or outlook) of what the game will be about (especially mechanics) and that is already great IMO. Cheers.

Last edited:

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Interesting game but please fewer retarded requirements in the future like:
if e1_d1_keiraAskedParty and keiraAff >= 3:
jump ch1d1KeiraAloneTime
elif e1_d1_rayneAskedParty and rayneAff >= 2:
jump ch1d1RayneAloneTime
I had enough Aff points but didn't get any scene because I fkin' asked the other girl a random question... If I didn't check the script I wouldn't even have known.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: bitsybobs3

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Interesting game but please fewer retarded requirements in the future like:

I had enough Aff points but didn't get any scene because I fkin' asked the other girl a random question... If I didn't check the script I wouldn't even have known.
Sorry about that. Thought it would be more intuitive. I'll take this into consideration for the future.

I take it you didn't like the neutral scene then?

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
what's the name of the song at the end of the chapter?
It's a shortened version of Parasite by iamlamprey(linked below)

He has a lot of great songs and he's criminally underrated. Give him a sub on Youtube if you like his music. He deserves a lot more recognition.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
just finished playing ch 1. good start to the game. the visuals are good, the magic theme is always fun, and the characters are interesting. i think my fav girl so far is the mysterious Victoria. can't wait to see more of her story going forward.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Impressive start. I look forward to more.

The one thing I dislike about this game is the fact you can't rename the MC. I mean, I simply replaced the name in the script myself...
So far, the only reason I see for the name being fixed is the Brandon-vision, which I suppose would be a pain to make dynamic. But if he's gonna get the MC's name wrong every time anyway, I don't think that would even be needed.
(version 0.0.1c)

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Really interesting first start.
I like the semi customization of the characters by choosing a deity. Hopefully there will be more unique reactions in the game depending on the deity you've chosen.
I don't self insert so the name thing doesn't bother me.
The setting reminds me of a few Ya novels I've read both good and bad.
I like the edgy MC but not being so edgy that he cuts people when he walk into them. It gives some character without being a hipster douche.
Most of the female cast are interesting and different in their own ways. Different personalities, body types, etc. Keira is my favorite so far. (big fan of athletic women)
Brandon gives off some very strong Derek from BADIK. In a good way. Will be interesting to see where he factors in the story.
The encounter with the creature remined me of Gandalf facing the Balrog. Sucker for old school fantasy magic where you have long incantations to perform spells.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more.

PS. Hope for some chocolate honeys or a good milf along the way.

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
No harem? Fair enough, as long as the dev doesn't force the player to have one girl only with no possibility to have some fun with other girls, that's so annoying.
Most game with no harem always like this, of course some game will let you have fun with other girls but depend on your choice, you will miss a lot of other content simply because different branch, one of reason i won't go for game with no harem

Reactions: Punto and darlic

Bonnie75

Aug 18, 2020
Impressive start.
I have some personal curiosity about the occult/esoteric part of the story...
I'm also interested by your claim that what we will see is based on 17th century grimoires (and older, of course).
There are a lot of wonderful interesting teachings pre-18th century, though...
...this cut off all the moderns starting from Eliphas Levi's Books, Aleistery Crowley, Illuminates of Thanateros and more...

So yeah, I'm in for the ride...

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Impressive start.
I have some personal curiosity about the occult/esoteric part of the story...
I'm also interested by your claim that what we will see is based on 17th century grimoires (and older, of course).
There are a lot of wonderful interesting teachings pre-18th century, though...
...this cut off all the moderns starting from Eliphas Levi's Books, Aleistery Crowley, Illuminates of Thanateros and more...

So yeah, I'm in for the ride...
Four signs present the Name of every name,
Four brilliant beams adorn His crown of flame

It was more of a general idea, rather than a hard line. I'll be drawing from more modern sources as well, even contemporary ones, but with adjustments to suit the world and story. I'll strive to be as authentic as possible, even when making adjustments or making stuff up that's required for the story.

Glad you're in for the ride. I truly hope you enjoy it.

DABOMB00

Apr 27, 2021
Looks really nice so far im very interested in how the stats are handled. Because Choices that require to reach a certain level give less experience points so i guess instead they give points with the character instead? I think it would be nice to see the relationship points like you can see your stats, an extra menu with the women and your score with them so you can get a better feel for how your choices affect these relationships.

4.90 star(s) 56 Votes